It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The times, they are a-changing -- The stressful days on ATS.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Though I have not perused the News about the ship boarding here, I have Been chatting about it on IRC.

I originally approached it from a neutral view, and then entered a discussion with someone who seemed convinced the video showed the activists attacking commandos. The more he went on about how wrong these people were, the more my words reflected a mirror image of what he was saying... But here's the kicker, all in a reflex to bring balance to what I saw as an extreme viewpoint in a social setting...

I left that discussion heated and angry at Israel....

I went shopping for grillables as it was memorial day, I bought a poppy from an Army vet... Talked about much we shared in common, and had a wonderful exchange. I told him i served in the navy, he asked me if i got to see anything, I said yes the med... He asked if I had seen the suez, and I replied yes... I mentioned having visited Haifa prior to "doing the ditch" and he replied that he was born in Haifa... And he said "what a coincidence"...

Well indeed it was,...

Due to the proximity in time of these events, I had a realization that many times I generalize, when my anger is really only with one or two people. And even then, when I get to know that one person who I may have fought so strongly against, a civility emerges...

This is what the ATS community has taught me to see and value... Many times it's easy for me to, as one poster put it, let the facts state my opinion... But sometimes, when I encounter what appears to be an extreme viewpoint one way or another on the right subject... I let the other persons extremity become mine. Which is so antithetical to my goal of bringing balance.

Steady is the word which bests describes that middle path so narrow that many do not tread it at all... That path I need to tread whenever I find myself allowing the extreme emotions of others to define me in the same way.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Right post, right time.

On speaking to so many people there is a feeling of frustration and helplessness in what they say. This is understandable and part of our awakening. We see more of the injustice and true agendas of this world.

We feel let down having lived our lives in a veil, blind to the real motives, naieve in our beliefs about society and those who have used us. But our time has come. We are truly honoured to be living in these times of change.

Hang in there and surround yourself with those that matter. Wish no one mallice and " KNOW" that things will be better.

My grandfather, a great and wise man, told me " Everything you feel has been felt. No matter the crisis, time stands still for no one. You will always reach the end, the secret is to learn from it."

I miss him.

Respects

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
We are in the age of Kali Yuga, the age of (the male demon) Kali, or "age of vice" and is the last of the four stages that the world goes through as part of the cycle of yugas described in the Indian scriptures. The other ages are Satya Yuga, Treta Yuga and Dvapara Yuga.

According to the Surya Siddhanta, an astronomical treatise that forms the basis of all Hindu and Buddhist calendars, Kali Yuga began at midnight (00:00) on 18 February 3102 BCE in the proleptic Julian calendar, or 23 January 3102 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar.

Most interpreters of Hindu scriptures believe that earth is currently in Kali Yuga. Hindus believe that human civilization degenerates spiritually during the Kali Yuga, which is referred to as the Dark Age because in it people are as far removed as possible from God. Kali Yuga is associated with the apocalyptic demon Kali, who represents "strife, discord, quarrel, or contention."

The end of Kali Yuga

"When flowers will be begot within flowers, and fruits within fruits, then will the Yuga come to an end. And the clouds will pour rain unseasonably when the end of the Yuga approaches."

So this strife will continue for a few hundred years more until the next Yuga is upon us. Till then, just grin and bear it!

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by charlie_the_loafer

Totally agree with you. I was suckered by the infux of NEW members.

Banned from posting for 36 hours in the end, for what I thought were reasonable posts.

Maybe ATS needs a KILL SWITCH to halt any new members signing up when there is a topic like yesterday.
They dont come around every month and every ATS member has seen what happened.

Just a thought....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
For many years I listened to what was told to me by the media and by my parents with conflicting results. My father was a Vietnam vet and Navy Seal that did missions that to this day are so classified that his very existance in the military has been a decades long battle to gain benefits from the democratic government he fought to protect. Through his mistrust for government (and rightfully so) and the media's support of it I found myself looking for answers in the middle.

I can't remember exactly how I found ATS, but when I joined it had already grown into a place where people can speak clearly, loudly and courageously without fear of being muted, dismissed or deterred. I have not posted much in my times here as far as creating new threads because I often just study up on general opinion and state my own from time to time. I post when I feel strongly about something, but not in such a manner that would berate those to whom I'm speaking.

ATS to me has become a breeding ground of independent thought and understanding that we are not alone on this earth. I don't necessarily mean that in an extraterrestrial sense, but in a brotherly/sisterly sense.

We as human beings struggle every day to understand our place here and our purpose. The one single UNDENIABLE FACT is that Death is certain and in that brief moment all of our questions will be answered. Whether you think that a god will embrace you for all eternity or if you're like me and believe that your spirit energy takes a higher form to help you learn lessons and sends you right back, we all face the same struggle together.

I am thankful every day that I have such a place to go where people like me can speak loudly with like minds, and while there are arguments and the normal quabbles about "this pointless thread" and "that pointless thread", we must understand that this is our sanctuary to ask the questions that most of us fear to ask anyone else closest to us simply based on the fear of what they might say or how they will judge us.

I see the same turmoil in recent posts and I can only hope that we as human beings can find a way to co-exist and try to ignore all the meaningless things that are tearing us apart.

God, Material wealth, Property, Power; all these things are meaningless to fight over because in the end we will end up passing our memories and stories on to our younger generations before we all inevitably die.

Lucky for me and now millions of people who are slowly waking up to these facts; we have ATS as an outlet for our frustrations, concerns and questions during the times we need answers the most.

I cannot say how long I will be here on this earth or when I will return, all I can say is that I am glad I am here at ATS now with all my brothers and sisters to guide me through my own troubled times.

For this I thank you all.

King

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I understand Mr. OverLord, how your concerns trouble you
in these strange times, the people here are truly worried about
how our planet is careening towards possible disaster and thus, are
venting their worries on your site.

May I suggest a small party, or gathering around your house to
lighten the mood?
As you're aware, BIAD's dress-sense and colour co-ordination is
usually the talk-of-the-town and I feel I can assist in the area
of decorating this surprise 'knees-up'

Unlike the last ATS Christmas party, I will refrain from the
pole-dancing and I can only guess that you'll not do that odd
introduction of yours... the one with the dressed piglet.

But I digress.

I think if we all pull together, we'll sail our ATS ship into calmer
waters.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I totally agree it is very stressful of late.

I myself posted on a thread something to do with the Holocaust nothing bad but the point is i did the post after seeing what just happened in the Gulf.

I removed my post because it was just a little off topic and just stuck to reading it is so easy to get caught up with anger after seeing something like that.

So i have learned its best to just read instead of adding a post that is written in anger.

Keith

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It honestly feels like a count-down. The end of something.

There is such an un-restful and chaotic vibration going on but I can't say it's necessarily negative. Although, it doesn't feel too exciting either. It just feels unsettling and uncertain.

I believe this is part of their agenda perhaps leading to the crescendo!

They (the elite) are busy keeping all the pie-tins spinning on the stick so to keep our focus distracted but deep inside, we're watching with anticipation, waiting..... for one (all?) of them to fall.

It's a mind-game and I'm saying that politely!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well, America at least is extremely lush in vegetation, fishing, areas of cheap land, and building material at every "Home Depot" so I don't know a true good reason why people here really have anything to greatly be concerned about.
Perhaps your issue is because civilization has brought you unhealthy conditions like non-fresh or overly sugared food, second hand smoke(cancer), polution, and unnatural prescription drugs.

Whatever the case may be if you're in the U.S., you've got it made.
All you have to do is use your brain and provide at least better shelter and consume better food than the homeless wild animals.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
Well, America at least is extremely lush in vegetation, fishing, areas of cheap land, and building material at every "Home Depot" so I don't know a true good reason why people here really have anything to greatly be concerned about.
Perhaps your issue is because civilization has brought you unhealthy conditions like non-fresh or overly sugared food, second hand smoke(cancer), polution, and unnatural prescription drugs.

Whatever the case may be if you're in the U.S., you've got it made.
All you have to do is use your brain and provide at least better shelter and consume better food than the homeless wild animals.

I know I usually joke around here... but this above is
the most refreshing thing I've seen in ages.
Forgive me Mr. Realanswers, but what I think he's saying
is that by making your life simpler... you'll be making it better.
I hope that's what you mean, Sir and I totally agree.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

These days, a casual glance at the topics displayed on our recent posts page provides a compelling snapshot of the intensely troubling times in which we find ourselves. For those of us who keep track of world and political events (of which I assume are we all who frequent ATS), it can often seem as though the world is falling apart before our eyes.

I had the EXACT same thought today, after my morning check of the front pages.

I always come to ATS to see what is going on in the world, and if you subscribed totally to ATS's version, we really are up to our necks in poo.

A little perspective, restraint and common sense.

Also, maybe think twice about starting a new thread for every little piece of news relating to the same topic.

e.g. BP CEO farts - New Thread
BP employees given day off - New Thread
BP Says oil spill was their fault - New Thread
BP say Israel was to blame - New Thread
Israel says BP was to blame - New Thread

And so on, and so on!!!!

You tell 'em SO!! Unless we're right, then TSRHHTF!

All the best, Kiwi

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Open your eyes! Times like there are times for learning.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

A simpler life is a good way to sum up what I said.
I did try to point out the specific things for survival that people need or don't need.

I don't know if people truly realize how far the U.S. has come in its mere 234 years of existence.
This very land from sea to sea used to be almost entirely wild and unpopulated.
And now we are not just a developing country, but a superpower!

So we've already proven that we can survive, build, and create.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If you ask me, this is merely the beginning, the negativity, particularly here at ATS is on the up, even I can feel it myself...And that's saying something!

I believe it's going to get worse in the coming two and a bit years.

Thanks in part to the enigma known as 2012 and the impending doom.

The vibe and energy from it is already becoming overwhelming for some and as we get closer to the date, the negativity will increase and logic, politeness, manners and reason will diminish.

ATS is going to be up against it for some time yet.

I hope this thread is an indication that SO is aware of this.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I agree about wanting to hideaway on BTS,or whatever.

I appreciate member,Slayer69,who made that hangout.
I find myself hiding in there once in awhile while logged
on.You can listen to some music and relax your mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

This is only the start.
What do you think is gonna happen when peoples visions of god and mortality fall in limp tatters?
I wish i saw good things and i wish there was something i could do.... but theres not.
[...]

Quite right... having a 'stiff upper lip'...

will only make one look like they got a botox injection.

The times are-a-changin', as the OP says, and that's part of the natural process,
having a 'steady' concrete world around us - is the type of system offered by religious heirarchies around the world today.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Knowledge is a poor mans wealth...............

This is my signature. Mr. Bill. I am far more wealthy then any man needs to be in knowledge thanks to ATS.

Being in the music and entertainment business all my life, stress has been a daily part of every moment I have existed. My solution to this has always to take a dose of "Brain Pablum" such as Beavis & Butthead, Family Guy, or a comedy special that make light of the world today.

Steven Colbert's "BP OIL Wheel of Next Moves" yesterday is a great example. I laughed my A## off with the thought of a Dolphin delivering a bundle of old blankets down the hole.

Another excellent way to relieve the worries and bring some sense to this crazy world that gets crazier by the internet minute is music.

Maybe an injection of one of the above into some of these more heated forums would make everyone smile and cool down for a moment of thought.

Peaceful Easy Feeling by the Eagles is my escape!

Steady she goes Capitan Bill

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
The forum is a reflection of the world, and I agree with SO,

We must be careful our words don't incite people.

This is a very true statement...
The other day I was posting on this thread.I started
having some heated responses from one member.
I wasn't getting angry but the other member was.A
mod showed up promising warnings over the "heated"
posts.
I was enjoying taunting this other member.I wish I
had a dollar for everytime I am called a retard on this
board.I did get wrapped up in the moment and forgot
my christian values.I finally remembered something from
my favorite mod,AshleyD...post unto others as you
would have them post unto you.
I don't go out of my way to incite another member into
getting angry.I won't back down either if they attack me,
I will stand my ground!AshleysD's signature should be
every members motto here.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

A wise and timely post on the pressure cooker that has become ATS but I think that this pressure cooker environment that has become a part of the ATS experience was also inevitable as the events in the world has seemed to have stepped up a notch. We as a member base have always looked beyond that which the mainstream would wish and for that reason we are going to feel that pressure much more keenly in my opinion as it is also felt as keenly in similar sites.

In context that stress we feel in looking deeper into the cause and global effect is now forcing some to post before thinking longer on the psychological effects that offloading their stress will have on others. Sure it is all just written words on a screen but most of us have been online long enough now to see the words as something much more than walls of text and the only thing we cannot see is intonation and deeper meanings that we always gain from a face to face conversation. However years of living in the online environment has taught us to see the written word as a spoken word and thus we can be hurt more deeply than others who say “It’s just words on a screen” might care to admit.

This world and its ills I freely admit that I blame it mainly upon globalised socioeconomic forces and not so much on religious forces though of course all must take a large or small bite out of the blame pie because it is all interrelated but the main player as I see it is greed, the irrational need to drive on into the green at all costs. Considering that the word altruism seems now to be as dirty and as unwelcome as “in the red” it seemed inevitable that a rise in tensions would come about.

Politics is all well and good when used as the tool it was created for to serve the people and their wider interests but now in this age this political drive that once started off so well as a profession that was once considered as something noble and respectful has become subverted to the needs and whims of big business. As this power has grown globally within this once respectful institution I feel that there is no longer a need or even a will to remain covert and thus in being overt, people despair at the greed, grow angry at the sheer arrogance and feel insulted that they must feel so impotent.

Some hate it and want to tear it down, some become green with envy and want a piece of the cake and yet both sides of the coin (bad pun, my bad) know they cannot have it because the game is - and has always been strictly controlled within a cynically grabbing cabal of “must have it all’s”, fighting always to make sure the “have not’s” rarely get into the gang of “must have it all’s.”

Making a buck in these times and under such pressures tends to rub many up the wrong way because more and more there are people who are realising that there is much more to life and living than just squeezing money out of the environment and out of each other in the unrelenting creation of things we do not and have never needed. I think the nasty drama unfolding in the gulf for instance has been a shot through the foot of big business interests and a need to make a dirty buck above making a better world has come back to sit on their chest like a Cadillac and I cannot say I felt bad when I heard that this event could be the breaking of BP (but I doubt it).

More people under pressures to feed and clothe their kids, to live as they have always hoped to live have caused society to come face to face with an abyss and if they are not facing it right now then they are in the general neighbourhood of that abyss.

There is a schism born of fear and uncertainty and fuelled by distrust of those they hoped would do the right thing. In western society our innocence that was shredded on 911 is something we will never get back and even then as I watched the towers burn I had never in a million fevered dreams expected that the world would change so much and become so hardened to human life and its right to live in the open rather than under an oppressive and purposefully manipulated cloud of fear.

The war hawks now call out the pace the drums must beat and that pace is increasing tempo so unless things change and fast then there is going to be trouble in the form of a reduction in work based motivations, a loss of confidence in the so called learned leaders and an acceptance that they had always been lied to and had always been up until a certain point expendable pawns to be moved around some festering board. These are the symptoms I have no doubt of a society in spasm and if this very cynical agenda driven engine continues to grow, fed by fear and hate in all things not understood then I really do think that there could be a total system wide collapse that will make what we have experienced thus far seem like a minor muscle cramp.

Some might call me a fear monger for going on thus but they would be wrong because is it fear mongering to tell others that something stinks, something dark this way comes and if I sincerely believe this then it is not fear mongering?

Anyway – I do not pander to fear I pander to hope, just a personal statement of fact (my get out of jail card).

I come here to ATS for reasons that have not really changed over the years and I have made some great friends here who I happen to talk to outside ATS and had I not come here I would never have been so fortunate but I must say that the real reasons are everything to do with finding answers to many questions and to lay to rest a nagging suspicion that perhaps I was on the brink of a psychosis. I need not have been concerned and thanks to ATS (the people here) I have learned that my mind is not the only one that feels that there is something wrong with our globally interconnected society in the context of truth from on high or that perhaps we never were in Kansas because we have been played.

We are being played right now by those we had once trusted but those whom we trust no longer.

In being played for so long and so maliciously completely then the despair we are now seeing posted in all the four corners of ATS was probably inevitable and expected? At the least we can give some of the more passionate and trigger happy a little more leeway rather than give them more rope because when in such a bind a little warning here and there is not going to make a big difference to stalling the bad feeling or the negative aspects of the pain so many of us are feeling these days?

*Continued*

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Counting points with a smile might be fun but at the same time they are just numbers, but pain and fear born from a brave new world at war is a completely different game that is not going to be overly concerned with a point reduction and a slap on the wrist. An acknowledgement of that pain and fear however could be the making of much more of us who out of hand might prefer to enforce the law.

I used to report posts that I found offensive for instance and I will continue to do so as and when I see them but I think I need to keep some context in the back of my mind that though I might be able to deal with the negativity that abounds throughout our halls, I also need to understand personally that much of what is said in a negative context to each other is done not out of spite and a desire to visit bad energies on another member but because the person or persons giving out the smack down (as they perceive it) is struggling with the bad energies themselves that they have found circling them via the angendist media and the circumstances and dramas of their own life as it adapts to increasing stresses.

With that thought in mind I will choose from now on to skim over the more malicious posts and focus instead on the meaning of the thread or post rather than the stringy scraps that serve no purpose but to invade the mind with more despair and a sense that we are circling some plug hole. I came here to learn and find answers, never to feel outraged at another for simply exhibiting their fear, their pain and I must realise they may be crying out for help in the form of some honest advice rather than pandering to a need for simple childish attention.

I salute this thread!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join