It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red State Wipeout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Except for Florida, which usually does not count, and Louisiana, This summer looks good for a red state wipe-out. The Gulf storms hit Brownsville, Corpus Cristi & Galveston. They sweep through Louisiana & Arkansas moving into Ala, Ms, Tn, Ga, Fla and then up into the Carolina s.

Ok. They can take different paths but many of the paths cover the red states. Since the EPA was bought off on the oil spill & dispersant use, the forecast looks bad for the South. I don't think they will rise again after this Summer.

Read the "30 Shocking Quotes About The Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spill"
______beforeitsnews/story/71/125/30_Shocking_Quotes_About_The_Gulf_Of_Mexico_Oil_Spill_That_Reveal_The_Soul-Crushing_Horror_This_Disaster_Is_Caus ing.html
Marine toxicologist Dr. Susan Shaw, director of the Marine Environmental Research Institute on BP's use of chemical dispersants:

"They've been used at such a high volume that it's unprecedented. The worst of these – Corexit 9527 – is the one they've been using most. That ruptures red blood cells and causes fish to bleed. With 800,000 gallons of this, we can only imagine the death that will be caused."

And least we forget, just about straight down from Pensacola is the beloved Cancun and covering the mouth of the Gulf is Cuba.

This will be a wild Summer. The US will juggle the South, the Gulf, N. Korea, Israel, Iran, Afghanistan & "the swivel of the Mideast/Asia" - "our new dog to train "Pakistan".

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The southeast is already and is gonna be screwed for a long time after this. TPTB might even need to quarantine everyone after the phages that are born in the southern Florida oil rain.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I would seriously suggest a name change for this thread. I thought you were talking about a Republican victory sweeping the states in elections. The information you brought up and the link bring up important information.

I am seriously concerned about the 'fallout' from the chemicals used. I think I would have felt and been better off if they just left the oil and simply tried to stop the leak.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
The southeast is already and is gonna be screwed for a long time after this. TPTB might even need to quarantine everyone after the phages that are born in the southern Florida oil rain.

Good thing I'm way up on the northeast coast of Florida.

I'm sure there will be some effects, but hopefully very very minor.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just saw a report on the news about people getting flu like symptoms along the coast...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
There are a lot of major things going on lately. I wander what situation will show it's ugly head next.

Is there anyway to track water evaporating from the Gulf? It would be nice to know where the toxins will end up.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wait till the toxins get into the drinking water and crops in the south. These people have no idea what they are in for as they think their guns and their bibles are going to save them.

It will take time, but due to years of exposure of contaminated food and water, people are going die from this disaster throughout the southern region.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekingAlpha

Nice Christian/ NRA Slam... you must be in Oil Spills corner on this. Hoping this Spill teaches these people a lesson, on how stupid they are for believing in something. This is why I hate liberals... It's like you guys wish for horrible things to happen to whole states, just because they vote for republicans. it's really Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

So what's your point with the Red State Wipeout slant?

Are you trying to say they're being punished for something?

Punished by who?

Or are you just glad they will suffer?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekingAlpha
Wait till the toxins get into the drinking water and crops in the south. These people have no idea what they are in for as they think their guns and their bibles are going to save them.

It will take time, but due to years of exposure of contaminated food and water, people are going die from this disaster throughout the southern region.

Yep, Guns and Bibles are the most prized possessions
around the Bible Belt.

And us rednecks ain't that bright when it comes to
hi faluting college talk but we are smart enough
to know that that new GMO seed we just planted from Monsanto
have toxin resistant qualities which repel attacks
from harsh environments.

maybe we ain't so dumb after-all

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by SeekingAlpha

Yep, Guns and Bibles are the most prized possessions
around the Bible Belt.

And us rednecks ain't that bright when it comes to
hi faluting college talk but we are smart enough
to know that that new GMO seed we just planted from Monsanto
have toxin resistant qualities which repel attacks
from harsh environments.

maybe we ain't so dumb after-all

Does "harsh environment" include the water table being hopelessly tainted with crude oil? Heavy hydrocarbons are a hell of a good toxin, especially in very high concentrations. Even if your crops survive it and do not carry high levels or toxins within them, what about the ecosystems of the south? The everglades is an enormous biomass, loosing it is going to have a massive impact on the lives of the people of southern Florida. The same is true of the swampland in the south too.

You're in quite a bit of trouble down there mate, it is going to be very interesting to see how the United States responds when this gets real, and how well your nation adapts. We, the rest of the world, are watching intently.

top topics

join