It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott New York City for Approving a Mosque by Ground Zero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There has been a lot of attention towards Arizona, and the boycotts being established across the United States because of their immigration law. Here's something I think a lot more Americans can relate to. It's a facebook group (I know,I know) with over 2000 members already aimed at:

This group is dedicated to crushing NYC economically until they relent and stop pandering to Islam and the very Jihadists who terrorized our country on 9/11/2001! This is a heinous slap in the face of all those who died on 9/11 and certainly an insult to their surviving families! This madness MUST end!

Not sure how well the people would be able to crushing NYC economically (they're doing it to themselves), but this would be an interesting way to get things done.

What does ATS think?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Portugoal]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think it's ridiculous.

I don't really know how they expect to Boycott NY city...

That's just kind of stupid.

As for the Mosque. People do not understand a fundemental fact.

You weren't attacked by Islam. You were attacked by religious extremists, if you believe that story anyway.

People need to stop making baseless acussations and putting every Muslim in the same room as Terrorists.

These sorts of stories just show how far the propaganda machine has reached, and succeeded in demonizing 1/7th of the population in 9 short years..

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You have it backwards. The rule is you only make a big deal and boycott if it offends a minority group.

In this case, the minority is getting to build. Had they been prohibited, because it is a liberal state, the boycott still would be prohibited.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
who freaking gives a crap?

It wasn't Muslims that commited 9/11. It was whacked out losers using Islam as their cause that commited 9/11

If we applied this same idiot philosophy to Christianity - our entire COUNTRY would be in shambles since nothing around here would be allowed to resemble the religion of the men who said "all men are created equal" and claimed belief in a religion that says "love they neighbor"....but then turned around and beat the hell out of, and enslaved, anyone of a different skin color.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Freedom of religion. Many terrorists are Muslims, but many doesn't indicate all.

I could say all southerners are right wing extremists, but that would be wrong. Maybe there are a lot from there, but that's ignoring the fact that there are right wing extremists in the North East.

It's just prejudice. They can build the Mosque wherever they please.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OP remember the that that US government intiated 911 to justify the wars of Iraq and Afghanistan

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I swore we were on ATS and understood that Muslims had nothing to do with 9/11.

Maybe I was just dreaming...I guess this is freerupublic...2.0 sick...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Boycott what? a religious place of worship. Islam didn't take down those towers. Should we not let a baptist church be built 2 blocks away from the site of the Oklahoma building?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
After reading what is written, I believe that boycotts only hurt those who are doing the boycotting and people who have nothing to do with such.
I do believe that it is in the height of bad taste for the Muslim community to build a mosque near the site of the 9/11 attack, it would be similiar to the Japanese building a cultural center at Pearl Harbor, near the place where the ships sank. Now I do believe they are entitled to build a mosque, but not there, further away, and let things calm down. The problem is that too many people equate the religion of Islam with the terrorist, and rightly so, as more and more extreme elements of the Islam religion are coming out and getting more violent. Even the Christians in Isreal move real quiet and tend not to make waves, lest it brings up bad blood.
Myself, I have reservations as to the nature of Islam in the USA, for my own personal reasons, and there are justified, as it comes down to a matter of words, or rather a lack of words. Seems like those extremists use far stronger language when putting out rhetoric than their counterparts in the US, and it does make a person stop and think. If you consider, that they call for the actual death to one group or person, openly, yet here, the Imans and when they speak to speak out against the actions of the extremists, the wording is: We condem. Which is stronger language, that of the extremist element, which shows more moderation, those over here. But in this day and age, when someone who is Muslim and who lives in the US, they need to use stonger language, they need to make those ripples and waves in their community to express that such actions of violence is not just condemed, but is against the very religion they are proffessing to follow. May not make them popular over in the middle east, but it will gain support where they live.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
That's just kind of stupid, there were Muslim people who died in the 9/11 attack as well.

What attack NYC were not the Islamic religion, it is individual private organization who used their religion name as a hidden agenda whatever that is.

People are just ignorance and only choose to see selective details and disregard the rest that contribute to the actual situation.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
How asinine last I heard there was still freedom of religion in america. And why boycott a mosque when 9/11 was the handiwork of the u.s govt. .. Rather pointless..

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Apologies.. Double post

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Expat888]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
There has been a lot of attention towards Arizona, and the boycotts being established across the United States because of their immigration law. Here's something I think a lot more Americans can relate to. It's a facebook group (I know,I know) with over 2000 members already aimed at:

This group is dedicated to crushing NYC economically until they relent and stop pandering to Islam and the very Jihadists who terrorized our country on 9/11/2001! This is a heinous slap in the face of all those who died on 9/11 and certainly an insult to their surviving families! This madness MUST end!

Not sure how well the people would be able to crushing NYC economically (they're doing it to themselves), but this would be an interesting way to get things done.

What does ATS think?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Portugoal]

Zionist elements along with Neocon rogues, Pakistanis, and PATSY Arabs....did 9/11.

Why would I give a rats #@# about a Mosque going up near there?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I support The Motion, ATS is in full motion of support of

Islamization

www.youtube.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

I think it's ridiculous. I don't really know how they expect to Boycott NY city... That's just kind of stupid. As for the Mosque. People do not understand a fundemental fact. You weren't attacked by Islam. You were attacked by religious extremists, if you believe that story anyway. People need to stop making baseless acussations and putting every Muslim in the same room as Terrorists.

ATS is living under a rock.

Ask bosnia and look how Islamization is growing there.

Wake up ATS Member's, the next time you probably will wake up wont be under an american flag or a russian flag, or whatever flag, but it will under the Islamic flag.

I have seen some reports, that women in the Saudi kingdom, are tired of living the way they are, and are trying to escape islam!

www.escapingislam.com...

Just look at that women story on how she escaped it, and i am shocked that some members are bracing islam in the name of freedom of religion?

look at the reality here folks.

Answer why is Islam covering women's pretty faces? just tell me why,
I am not against any religions, i am just saying look at the reality on how that religion is treating its own people.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm all for freedom of religion, but the majority of Americans, and NYers included, have a PERCEIVED notion that Islam/ Muslims were behind 9/11. Therefore, to allow a mosque up beside the 9/11 site is a bit of a slap in the face to those people who whether or not it is true, believe the "official" story of that day.

Can you guys see it from that perspective?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
They want to "crush NYC economically?" Really? They think they have a prayer? The city with more billionaires than any other place on Earth (60 of them, moving ahead of Moscow again). The world center of trade and business. If you boycott New York, you are just boycotting the world - this is where the world comes to do business. Silly notion.

Originally posted by MKultraVideos
Boycott what? a religious place of worship. Islam didn't take down those towers. Should we not let a baptist church be built 2 blocks away from the site of the Oklahoma building?

Excellent point.

And as a New Yorker, I can say that near as I can tell, few here care that there will be a mosque close to the WTC site. There's already a bunch of churches very close by (some of the oldest in the city), several small synagogues.

All I can say to the Floridian who started this group is, 'welcome to New York, walk down the street here on any given day and you'll pass 10,000 people from a hundred different countries worshiping 50 different religions. It's just how we roll. If you don't like it, stay in Florida.'

top topics

join