It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Watch 2010

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanStone

Wow, I haven't been goth in 20 years, lol.

And I have hair now!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

I am dieing laughing.... I bet some on here are freaking out.... lol.... wonder what the heck is going on!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I heard about some game a few weeks ago, maybe this has something to do with it. Since this is ATS, and we are off topic anyway, and in order to not get this removed, I'll say that my conspiracy theory is that the sheer amount of quality reporting here in the Hurricane Watch has overloaded the system, and we have been hacked by an alien attack force from the planet Goth, who is practicing atlantic hurricane control.

No...ok.

edit on 25-9-2010 by lasertaglover because: at least i mentioned hurricanes lol

edit on 25-9-2010 by lasertaglover because: and I don't like the Goth's signature block..it's just not me lol

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Oh Gawd.... I bet your right.... or.... the aliens came and they all look like pretty brunettes and they're trying to make us look just like them so we can't figure out who is who...

Wow... the plot thickens!!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeah!

I grew my Northern Lights back.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Not me... I'm still a pretty brunette... but I think I better lay off the eye liner... ha..

edit on 25-9-2010 by OceanStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

For sure. Seems a little on the dark side for make-up, doesn't it?

I just went back in and changed everything back myself...the goth chick kept looking at me...creeped me out lol!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Found an article on Matthew.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

"By FREDDY CUEVAS

updated 9/25/2010 11:18:02 AM ET
Share Print Font: +-TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras — Tropical Storm Matthew toppled power lines and left thousands without power for hours in Honduras, and forecasters warned that heavy rains threaten to cause flooding and mudslides in disaster-prone parts of several Central American nations.

There were no immediate reports of major damage Saturday, but thousands were evacuated. In Olanchito, near the northern coast, a creek overflowed and flooded a house but firefighters were able to rescue its 10 occupants..."

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Looks like the mud slides are now the biggest threat... at least there doesn't seem to be any casualties yet... hope it stays that way!

Side note... I'm stuck... can't get into my tools to change my profile back... she'll just have to stare at everyone till they fix it... sorry...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Most of the Primary Computer Models plot a solution that brings Matthew back into the Carribean -- in some cases over the Cayman Islands, Cuba and onward to Florida, and in one case, to Texas. This really highlights to me the vagarity of the models. The models are trying to pinpoint when the high pressure across the southern U.S. will occur and how low it will spike and whether/how that will push Matthew E/NE.

Matthew could completely disseminate, and the energy of the storm reform out to sea. It could also just go *poof*. We'll hope for that.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I totally agree... hope this does just go "poof"....

This also might turn into Nichole...I've seen alot of hurricanes, but never seen one change gender... doh....

This is what Dr. Jeff Masters said...

Most of the models continue to predict that by Wednesday, the remnants of Matthew, and/or a piece of a tropical disturbance over the Eastern Pacific off the coast of Guatemala, will evolve into a huge and very wet low pressure system that will start spinning over Central America and the Western Caribbean. NHC has been referring to this expected storm as a "monsoon low", and these sorts of storms are very dangerous for Central America and the Western Caribbean, even if they do not develop into a tropical storm.

In October 2007, a similar monsoon low I dubbed "the sleeping giant" spent a week spinning over the region, dumping very heavy rains over all of Central America and the countries bordering the Western Caribbean. Rains from this system triggered flooding that killed 45 people in Haiti, damaged thousands of homes in Cuba, and caused havoc in Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, Mexico, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, and the Bahamas. A similar type of storm is likely to develop on Wednesday and Thursday, and most of Central America and the nations surrounding the Western Caribbean can expect to see dangerous flooding rains develop this week in association with this giant low.

Most of the models also predict that this big low will eventually develop into a tropical storm or hurricane that would be drawn northwards over Cuba late in the week, and threaten the Bahamas, Florida, or the U.S. Gulf of Mexico coast. This is an exceptionally difficult system to forecast correctly, and the models have been coming up with some pretty unusual solutions as to what might happen. We'll just have to wait and see what unfolds over the next few days.

Wunderground

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

A very close eye will be on the Caribbean over the next week as models are picking up on an area of low pressure forming. This area of low pressure may either be from the remnants of Tropical Depression Matthew (once it further weakens over the Yucatan) or it could very well be a separate area of low pressure forming just in the wake of Matthew. Models are very strong on forming this tropical system, then moving it North. Below is the GFS model forecasting for Friday of next week.

MyFox Updates

Look at the forecast for the developing low pressure...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d3f59efbd59.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7c4541df3c3.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 26-9-2010 by OceanStone because: spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That sure does not look good at all.

"Remnants of Matthew remain a flood threat
M. Ressler, Lead Meteorologist, The Weather Channel
Sep. 26, 2010 10:50 am ET
TROPICAL DEPRESSION MATTHEW

Tropical Depression Matthew continues to dissipate over southern Mexico, but remains a big ongoing flood threat to parts of northern Central America and southern Mexico. Total rainfall amounts between 10 to 20 inches are possible in these areas, with localized areas expected to pick up near 30 inches of rain. Even after Matthew's low pressure center dissipates, the heavy rainfall threat will continue.

As of 10 a.m. Central Time Sunday, the final advisory was issued for Matthew. The center of Matthew was located about 40 miles south of Villahermosa, Mexico, and had top winds near 25 miles per hour. Matthew is moving to the west around 9 miles per hour, but is expected to slow down and stall overnight as the low dissipates...."

www.weather.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I believe this is the area (the 10% chance storm) that they are worried is going to shoot straight north.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1767e6b097c2.gif[/atsimg]

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yes, I believe you're correct...

I fainted a bit too soon!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here is another look at the new threat:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f41929b4372.jpg[/atsimg]

www.weather.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The new area is now up to a medium, 30% chance of forming.

ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT MON SEP 27 2010

FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

1. DISORGANIZED CLOUDINESS AND THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE NORTHWESTERN
CARIBBEAN SEA ARE ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD AREA OF LOW PRESSURE.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS APPEAR FAVORABLE FOR GRADUAL DEVELOPMENT OF
THIS SYSTEM DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS AS IT DRIFTS NORTHWARD.
THERE IS A MEDIUM CHANCE...30 PERCENT...OF THIS SYSTEM BECOMING A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

And also, the water temps are still pretty warm and are worrying me a little. The bottom right-hand corner of the image is where the new tropical wave is currently located.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89f32e404227.gif[/atsimg]

www.maineharbors.com...

edit on 27-9-2010 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Pretty steady rain here in the Cayman Islands -- 12 kt. wind. Pressure is 29.7 and steady. I'm guessing that we might have Nicole in early formation. I don't think the HH's have a flight scheduled yet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e52acccae326.jpg[/atsimg]

Satellite views: NHC/NOAA

ETA: HH's are apparently on standby for this afternoon should the decision arise to investigate the Caribbean blob.

edit on 27/9/10 by argentus because: HH info

edit on 27/9/10 by argentus because: to add "might"

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yeah... I'm keeping a wary eye on this system...

Funny that the hurricane hunters were mentioned... I was just looking at their website yesterday... it's a pretty neat site...

The Hurricane Hunters of the Air Force Reserve is the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadronis, part of the 403rd Wing and the only Department of Defense organization still flying into tropical storms and hurricanes....

Hurricane Hunters

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Really cool web site that you posted. I hope they get their online store working soon, as Christmas is around the corner! Hurricane Hunter gear!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join