It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Watch 2010

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanStone

Great graphic you found and posted!!

Storm Pulse is still showing a lot of different possible paths he might take. However, they are also now showing the forecast models for the other disturbances as well. Next week is gonna be busy!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Thanks... I love the visuals from Everyone on this thread!

Look at how well you can see Igor's eye... pretty amazing!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/337f7403aa9d.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanStone

Have you a link for that?
Many thanks

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I do... here ya go...

weather.myfoxtampabay.com...

There's a few really good visuals.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Igor is pretty impressive... holy moly! This is a awsome picture of it... and now we have Julia.

At 13/03Z NHC upgraded TD12 to Tropical Storm Julia - the tenth named storm of the season. Julia was located about 110 miles to the southeast of the southern Cape Verde Islands and with movement to the west northwest becoming more northwest at 10mph, a Tropical Storm Warning has been issued for those southern islands. Julia is expected to become a Hurricane on Tuesday. Wih some factors favoring an increase in intensity and increasing windshear and cooler SSTs in a couple of days favoring a decrease in intensity, the intensity forecast beyond Tuesday could see some fluctuations.

Igor is...well, simply an amazing storm with sustained Cat IV winds now at 130 knots and the possibility of 140 knots (Cat V) by 12Z on Monday. Although some erosion has been noted on the southeast core, this could simply be associated with the directional change of the past few hours to slightly south of due west, and there is a pocket of drier air ahead of the system for the next couple of days but its not that significant. Near-term motion to the west and west northwest is anticipated, however, the long term is still a bit uncertain with a few models hinting at a turn back toward the west northwest, i.e., the weakness in the ridge does not fully capture the system. However, at the moment this is still an outlier scenario - but folks in the northern Leeward Islands should closely monitor Igor and wait for the expected turn to the northwest.

FLHurricane

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ccf832126e0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Looks and feels to me that 92L has lost its window for development. Very hard rain, gusty winds, thunderstorms now in the Cayman Islands. I think the dry air in the area has hampered its development, and I hope that continues, as Central America will likely have a hard enough time with this wave without it developing further.

Jamaica was seriously dumped on earlier and still has a lot of convection over it. Haven't read any reports yet of mudslides. Hope that also remains the same.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Great visuals indeed - very defined eye for Igor This AM it was moving WSW - that took me by surprise, I expected WNW. Definitely one to keep an eye on!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Here's a story that I think is important because these Atlantic storms are affecting people even if they don't become hurricanes. The rain can be very dangerous as well.

"After seeing what heavy metal ladened rain did to their plants, Briana's parents, Rick and Lynne Frye researched, learned about the present Gulf poisons cumulative effects, and then knew that to protect their child, they needed to leave the Gulf Coast."

Evacuees flee for health and safety

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So I have a few questions that have been on my mind all weekend, for the long-time Hurricane trackers and also any weather experts. I know that some seasons have had more hurricanes, and some have had less, but I cannot remember a time when so many hurricanes have formed, and have veered away from the US. I am very happy that all of my friends and family in Hurricane prone areas have been safe, and I hope and pray that continues.

However, has a season like this one, with every Major (Cat 3 and up) Hurricane turning away from the US, happened before? From a meteorological standing, what is causing such veering winds for any system coming off from Africa, and what is causing the dry conditions in the southern Carribean that is preventing anything from forming? El Nino or La Nina side effects, or what?

Thank you in advance!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0be67413e18.gif[/atsimg]

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Lastertaglover... I am no expert what so ever but I did find some things that might interest you... I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but the information is neat anyway...

The veering winds coming off from Africa... looks to me like there are so many variables...

Veering wind- A wind that shifts in a clockwise direction with height. For example, a south wind at 850 mb and a west wind at 700 mb would be a veering wind. Also can be a wind shift at the surface or a particular pressure level in which over time the wind shifts in a clockwise direction at a point location.

Wind is the movement of air. To move the air a force is required. The initiating factor that develops wind is due to horizontal temperatures differences in the troposphere. Air masses (and air with different temperature and moisture properties on smaller scales) will have different densities and these density differences cause pressure differences between the regions the air masses or smaller scale air regions meet. The force responsible for moving the air is the Pressure Gradient Force. There are other factors that influence the wind speed and direction (Coriolis, friction, centrifugal, etc.) but the Pressure Gradient Force starts it off. Since temperature differences occur on all scales (global, synoptic, mesoscale, and smaller), wind patterns are also on all of these scales.

The Weather Prediction

The the dry conditions in the southern Carribean... the second dry period may have come into play..

Rainfall depends on topography, ranging from less than 600 mm along leeward coasts in rain-shadow to over 5000 mm on windward slopes of mountains. Most inland areas have annual rainfall within the 1500-2000 mm per annum range. All climates in the region are seasonal with, at sea-level in most years, at least one dry month when rainfall is less than 100 mm. The main dry period is usually between January and April;

there may be a second dry period in more southerly latitudes in July to September.

Caribbean Botany

edit on 14-9-2010 by OceanStone because: Fixin' the link

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Right I entered this thread just now because my deepest intuition says this could be a huge problem not just for the Gulf States but anyone in the lines of the GUlf Stream winds which are carrying the toxic rains laden with heavy metals and much worse after the BP tragedy.

The dead fish alone as they decompose, and are carried into the waterways and air, is going to be a real problem as the weeks move forward.

When we see hurricanes it only quickens the process.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Short and sweet but here's where its getting interesting?
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the link Jazz10!

Here's the latest on Invest 92L...

As two impressive hurricanes continue spinning far out to sea, a bit of a sneaker of a system which we have been following (Invest 92L) is now developing impressively in the favorable environment of the west-central Caribbean, and if current trends continue, advisories could very easily and quickly be issued for west Caribbean nations and/or their nearby islands later today or tonight. Interests in and around the western Caribbean, including the Yucatan peninsula, may want to start taking some tentative precautions for very heavy rain and stout wind, regardless.

Recon is currently back en route to Invest 92L.

FLHurricane

edit on 14-9-2010 by OceanStone because: cuz I wanted to thank Jazz10...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Wait... we now have Karl?? Good googly moogly!

I have to start paying more attention to all of this...

Yep my news was too late... ha ha... it looks like the spagetti models are taking Karl to Mexico.

edit on 14-9-2010 by OceanStone because: Thinking faster then I type...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Thank you for that article, Antoniastar. Those stories that are NOT being covered 'Front-Page', so to speak, are the ones I'm following the closest. I am in North Texas and have been following the BP Oil and Chemical Dispersant Attack since day one.

So far there have been no reports of people affected west of Louisiana (or west of the actual oil leak in the Gulf), but Gulf states to the east are reporting more and more people, animals, foliage, etc. poisoned from the mixture of toxic chemicals and oil daily.

In response to the post about the active hurricane season this year and the interesting paths each system is taking, you might research HAARP a little if you haven't already.

www.youtube.com...

And for those experts out there, I am curious if Hurricane Igor and Hurricane Julia could possibly 'Combine' in the coming days. Due to their projected paths intersecting, is it possible for them to 'Merge' and become even stronger?

If so, the East Coast is in for a Doozy.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

edit on 14-9-2010 by LYTSKR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LYTSKR

Was wondering re your post of the 2 hurricanes possibly merging - does this make a more powerful hurricane - I assume this has happened before but I can't recall when or the outcome.

Wow they seem to be popping up all over now! Thanks for all the great info all!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

After a little more research, it seems the 2 systems 'Could' merge, but due to their use of the same fuel, i.e. warm water in the immediate area of the storm, they could NOT become stronger. The example I found was 2 cars running off the same tank of gas.

So that's interesting and COMFORTING.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yep... that's right...

Two storms merging is called the Fujiwhara Effect... and from what I read it occurs only about once every three years in the North Atlantic.... in 1995 it indeed happened, Hurricane Iris merger with Tropical Storm Karen...

Two tropical cyclones approaching each other may or may not collide, as shown in the diagram in Figure 1. The letter A designates the initial positions of two storms. As they come nearer, the circulation of each storm influences the track of the other, and the track of each becomes an arc about a central point labeled M. The motion depicted here is relative to M, but bear in mind that M is moving with respect to the Earth's surface. At some later time, the cyclones reach point C, when they begin to orbit about each other. Mutual orbiting is in progress at point O. If the two storms are similar in size, they continue in orbit and eventually escape each other (E). If one is considerably larger and more intense than the other, the two storms can merge, the larger one engulfing the smaller one. Merging does not imply strengthening. The opposite is more likely because the flow at the edge of one storm opposes the flow at the adjacent edge of the other. In 1995, Hurricane Iris merged with much weaker Tropical Storm Karen and absorbed it.

Weather Wise

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LYTSKR

Now out of the box thinking here so take this with a pinch of salt ok? But, if HAARP was used could it be to either
1 add oxygen to the water that the BP oil spill done
2 remove all the fish from public view that has been posted in a thread here on ATS?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Back in the box now, where is all the news regarding the hurricanes? I'm talking media here.

edit on 15-9-2010 by jazz10 because: link

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

HAARP can do a lot of crazy things. As far as your specific question, and I always welcome correction for truth is what I always seek, I don't know if HAARP could do what you're saying exactly, but what 'Could' happen is this:

As part of a massive and brilliantly planned (-yet Sinister. Very Sinister.) and orchestrated scheme, "The Powers that Be" discovered the efficient killing power of oil spills near the coast after other worldly spills including and especially Exxon-Valdez and the small (once Beautiful and prosperous for its residents) Alaskan town of Prince William Sound.

Whether those were true accidents or experiments by TPTB is anybody's guess.
So, as one of many means to help solve the massive population problem in the world, the mission was hatched to thin-out the southeast portion of the U.S. via toxic chemicals being dumped into the Gulf and then 'even-more-toxic' chemicals being dispersed over the oil on the water and also over the shore line via wind drift. And, for some crazy reason, the U.S. Coast Guard helped BP spray this stuff that 'everyone' knew, and has known for last decade at least, was 'extremely' toxic to all living things.

www.rawstory.com...

Now, these absolutely horrendous chemicals in the water and along the shorelines could 'certainly' displace oxygen in the water, thus killing many varieties of fish, but more precisely cause hemorrhaging of any internal organs they come into contact with.

georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

Because it is so well known how deadly this whole scenario is, Matthew Simmons, founder and chairman of Ocean Energy Institute, tried in vain to warn us on a handful of different media interviews before he was silenced by 'Someone' involved who was above-the-law 'untouchable.' A BP hired hit man, CIA, FBI, ATF, Black Projects Personnel?
Who knows? Fact is, he's dead now.

logisticsmonster.com...

And here's where HAARP comes in -in MY interpretation. (Experts please correct me where I'm wrong on technical details.) HAARP can 'Guide' hurricanes by aiming its energy upward at a specific location on the ionosphere (?) and bouncing it back to a specific coordinate 'almost' anywhere on the planet. By this method, it can create low pressure areas in front of an active storm system and actually 'Guide' that system anywhere it wants. Scary, huh?

So, now, with everything in place, any of the storms this season could, theoretically be guided right through the heart of the most toxic areas of the Gulf and on into shore and up into the continental U.S.. A powerful 'Cane can even suck up the crude near the bottom of the Gulf and spray it far and wide and the airborne chemicals can be absorbed into the swirling winds and fall in rain all across the land.

Well, it's just a theory. .......Or, is it?

www.examiner.com...

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... f-tampa-lab-report-included

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

edit on 15-9-2010 by LYTSKR because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2010 by LYTSKR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join