It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you care about our future, please read this! My simple plan to change the world!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Great post the words of Bill Hicks will live on in the hearts and minds of many. I pretty much agree with everything in your post other than

"let's go, man, the ******* UFOs are waiting in the 5th dimension!... let's go!!!"

because if something has just been waiting all this time while we suffer, it has to be part of some f-up evil force, I'm not too sure if I want to go because I like it here.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

always good to see another bill hicks fan!
the man was certainly one in a million.

And at first, one could think that way. i used to.

However, I detailed a very good explanation for this in another thread. Let me share it here and hopefully it will expand your perspective on the subject.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe that as a species we are under a "quarantine" so to speak.

Let me ask you this question, is it better to rely on being saved, or to rely on being able to save yourself? Think about that. I take this view towards god and aliens. This is why these two ideas don't seem to openly interfere on our planet right now. We are here to Learn and to Grow, consciously and spiritualy. It would be hard to focus on growing as a living being, in the presence of an omnipotent force, which could do everything for you!

this is a quote from south park from jesus, but it has a lot of value:
"Well, God can't just answer every prayer and suddenly give you everything you want. That takes all the living out of life...If God answered all our prayers, there'd be nothing left for us to do ourselves. Life is about problems, and overcoming those problems. And growing and learning from obstacles. If God just fixed everything for us, then there'd be no point in our existence"

and I believe this same concept applies to this situation concerning us.

I believe that some species of extraterrestrial must be in contact with a very small and secretive behind the scenes part of governments. It would make sense for them to contact our species this way at first, so that this process is dealt with on their terms, as they are the more advanced society. I have a feeling that humanity as a whole has a lot of growing to do before we allowed to become an interplanetary civilization. They have probly shown us how to generate clean and safe power that is "free", and i am glad that they keep this underwraps. If you could generate unlimited "free" power, that could be turned into a terrible weapon. Humanity is not ready for that yet. I believe there are many people who are ready, but unfortunately there's a lot that aren't. Of course this creates an economy which many of feel cheats us, but this is a working process.

so this is what i think- In order for us to be allowed to become a space faring civilization, we have to have some form of global unity or governance. and this is a decree passed down to us from a more advanced civilization. i would say we would probly also have to learn how to live in stability with our planet before being allowed to colonize others.

Im glad youd rather save yourself. but heres how i believe it would play out- if disclosure came to soon, Everyone would think we were saved. we would stop trying.
do you think some 16 year old in highschool who watches MTV is going to want to keep going to school, when there is an advanced civilization present? why would you want to go to school and learn outdated things, or things that are more than likely wrong? Especially when some extremely advanced society COULD do everything for us? but thats the point, if they do everything for us, what will we do? I picture we would turn into the people from the time-machine. Lazy and complacent with nothing to do but lounge around in "luxury"

what do you think?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Beautiful idea!

The showers last August were amazing, I counted 115 meteors over a 3 hour period, some of them huge flaming fireballs that trailed smoke across the sky.

I highly recommend anyone reading this thread to set aside the dates and pick out a good spot out in nature to enjoy this spectacle and remember how connected we truly are.

Namaste.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I was 7 years old when my father came back home with a magazine full of space photos... It changed my life forever...

Listen to John McLaughlin - Stardust On Your Sleeve from the album "Belo Horizonte" 1982.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Good Post man...every word is right...
Bill Hicks is the greatest comedian of all time! He was a visionary...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What you propose is only slightly different from religious gurus.

Why change the earth when we have somewhere else to go?

If you want to change the world, you have to focus on THIS world, otherwise it is just another promise of life ever after that will never be realized.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by peggy m

Im not sure I understand your post. This has NOTHING to do with religion, nor am I stating I am a Guru.

If you want to change the world, you have to focus on THIS world, otherwise it is just another promise of life ever after that will never be realized.

Focusing on this world is the whole point, or to be more indepth, to focus on our relationship with this world, and the countless others that must exist out there! The whole point of this idea is to make people think more about our place in the universe and where/what we want to do as a species. My hope is that other people will have the same experience as me when I was a child, by looking at the stars, and pondering whatever implications or ideas come to mind!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There is now an event created on Facebook for this!

I hope everyone will join it to show your support!

dont be afraid to add me as a friend either! Just send a msg stating your from ATS so i can keep that in mind!

Hope to see some confirmed guests!

also, be sure to share this link with your friends.

If you would really like to help, put the link in your ATS signature so we can get some more visibility!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

This is a mere coincidence but...well...I was playing this relaxing song while reading your post like a speech in my head. It went pretty good together.

Well put together. My goal is to purchase a nice telescope and go to a remote cottage for a couple nights! One day.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sounds great but under our current system only the elite will travel and the rest will die on this ball turned hell.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Great read. I will certainly try your little experiment. My wife has been wanting us to get a telescope for some time now. Can anyone suggest a good one that isn't going to break the bank?

Again, great thread. S&F!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Our telescope is older, 15+ years.

however I did a little research and found this usefull looking site-
www.opticsplanet.net...

As always, I would recommend reading any reviews before purchase!

Best of luck!

Edit-
this one closely resembles ours, and ours is more than good enough! and its only 150$ plus i think you can get free shipping!

www.opticsplanet.net...

[edit on 6/3/2010 by VonDoomen]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

I would agree our current needs to be changed!

and that is why I started this thread. You must become the change you wish to see in the world. Change starts in our minds, and then we carry it out into the physical.

all of our petty differences seem so trivial and insignificant under the stars.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. That really isn't as much as I was expecting.. actually about half of what I was expecting. I may have one by next weekend.

Thanks again.. and again, great thread. I have since gone back and looked at others responses. It's nice to find a positive thread here on ATS as of late.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

I would agree on everything you said.

I thought it would cost a pretty penny as well for something half decent.

and yes it is nice to see something positive every once in a while float "above" the doom and gloom we see most of the time!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
wow only 21 confirmed attendees on the facebook event group found here-
www.facebook.com...#!/event.php?eid=131763240173817

come on ATS, lets show our numbers!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The only problem is that most humans on this earth are very closed minded and wont except the fact. But all in all this was a great post

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
You know what, many of the people who live in cities have no idea what the dark sky even looks like. I tell you now, where i live there is a constant orange glow in the sky and you only see the brighter stars. Perhaps this also has something to do with the lack of interest in space exploration; as our world increases in light pollution our night sky loses its impact on us.

I no longer have a telescope with me for that reason (though i am still thinking about getting a decent sized reflector...i love the night sky too much and miss gazing).

However, i grew up under much darker skies and for that reason was always fascinated by the stars. My dad gave me a reflector telescope when i was just a kid and that fuelled the fire even more.

Just getting your loved ones into the countryside and away from the city lights at night can have a profound impact on the way they think and view the world. Its no coincidence that the ancients were obssessed with the stars. Great thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join