It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake In Yellowstone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Can you post some of the other out of country links please so we can watch them?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
3.3 isn't a significant earthquake, anyway.

especially in a place like Yellowstone.

[edit on 6/1/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
My database records the deletions and revisions and this quake is in the deletions.

You would need to pull a seismo for the time to see why it was deleted since they don't give a reason for that.

Bear in mind that from my records Yellowstone has the highest percentage of deletions of any area in the world. I don't know the reason for that.

Originally posted by queenannie38

[edit on 6/1/2010 by queenannie38]

Mm, not sure I would agree with you there. It is possibly the one place, other than right under Hekla, where it might be significant. I do say might...

[edit on 2/6/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Thank you for that link. I really thought I was just losing it when I looked in my database and then it was gone. Good thing ATS is here to make me feel less crazy.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Not sure if that blog is yours or not but it states that they (USGS) are removing data that is showing on the seismos. This is not the case as far as I can see.

Nothing at B944 B944.PB..EHZ.2010.152

There was nothing at the LKWY recorder LKWY.US.00.BHZ.2010.152

At YTP there is a strange pulse occuring at 19:31, 19:34 and 1937 (All to closest minute) YTP.WY..EHZ.2010.152 It starts at 19:29

I have looked at various other plots and can find nothing. This means it was possibly a spurious event that was not real 'on the ground' so to speak - a generated signal in the comms. The entry states 8 stations reported it.

ROSE is still showing it but has insufficient data to be able to get the reporting stations. It is not on EMSC.

It would be very difficult and time consuming to actually remove data from the seismos. If you want I can grab the raw data and have a look, but I think it is an exercise that is futile as it just would not happen. Since 31st December 2008 there have been 178 events deleted in the Yellowstone park area. Some of these will have been mine blasts and some spurious noise.

As regards the reporting policy, in particular with respect to Yellowstone, they made a change after the 2008/2009 swarm and events are basically no longer automatically reported until they have been reviewed as I understand it. This can mean that at weekends there can be a serious lack of information!

[edit on 3/6/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

I saw the quake you are speaking of on the USGS site when it was in "red" I went back 5 minutes later to see if anything new was up and the red box and all the data was gone like it never happened! I went to the unviversity of utah seismic graph site and it indeed verified the quake happened.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The film 2012 is real.

They made it in order to make us think "wow!, imagine if that happened!!"

Well, yeh, most probably some underground secret military craft being built by china as we speak for the elitists to sit inside and smoke a cigar looking out the window at us on fire.

On a serious note - I believe yellowstone will actually go up sometime in 2012.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I had no idea they actually deleted data. I'm puzzled. I understand it was not huge but I've felt less than 3.3 and it was substantial to me just to feel that and didn't seem minor, albeit no damage but still enough to make you think fast if its getting worse.

Originally posted by queenannie38

It may not be significant but still not worth deleting. It is what it is and the data should reflect just that.

If this were only detected on one or two I can see calculation fluctuations but this was picked up by multiple sources.
How many deletions actually occur? Is this regular - weekly - monthly occurrence?

It is just pure science that Yellowstone is way overdue for a major belch and could happen any day, movie or no movie.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
What is the big deal if they deleted it? It may have been seismograph malfunction. It could have been accidentally deleted. If they are covering something up, why cover this particular quake up? Makes no sense, just a mistake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join