It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George H.W. Bush Administration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I got some questions for the people who lived through or study the presidency of George H.W. Bush.

1: What were the advantages and disadvantages of President Bush before, during and after his term as President.

2: What are your views on President Bush continuing the use on Reaganomics.

3: What do you think of Reaganomics?

4: Do you think he should of been reelected for a second term.

5: Or do you believe he should of never have become President.

6: Your final thoughts on President Bush as a world leader.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Having GHW Bush as a president was a horrible mistake.. His ties with CIA (drug smuggling), Oil, and secret societies would make anyone corrupt and unfit to serve the people. He obviously had other priorities in mind instead of being a good president.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

This sounds like a homework assignment you want ATS Members to help you with?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

My own homework you can say. I'm watching the 1992 presidential debate online.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I got some questions for the people who lived through or study the presidency of George H.W. Bush.

1: What were the advantages and disadvantages of President Bush before, during and after his term as President.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Not a necon, mostly moderate, smarter than Reagan.
Ex head of the CIA, owed way too much to big oil and old money interests

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Money talks, ( see above). Making money is the supreme value of the Republican Party.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A modern version of "Let them eat cake" The establishment of a permanent ruling/rich class system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God no!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compared to....? Ross Perot? It was his turn.

More statesmanlike than Bush2, less so than Reagan, Clinton and Obama. Didn't do much ( other than the above) , and get us involved in the First Gulf war.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by OldDragger]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You must have a HUGE masochistic streak!

I think that is even outlawed in Guantanamo as cruel and unusual punishment for even the worst terrorists.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

No! Not me! Hahaha. You made me laugh

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

This sounds like a Junior High School history assignment.

My reply to your questions would take up several pages, so I will shorten them down to 4 words.
He was against abortion.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My personal feeling if he only rode in on the coat tails of Reagan.

He really didn't do much at all. I would say his biggest legacy he left was an unfinished Iraq war which his son made a huge point of finishing....

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

how about watching the 2000 Democratic Presidential debate and see if you can spot a creature in the background curtain?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I got some questions for the people who lived through ...

My answer to 5 and 6 are related.
I feel "honesty" is important for a leader and he got off on the WRONG foot!

Let me back this up to the Republican primaries. At that time, people were voting on issues, rather than the overall candidate. Reagan and Bush were both running for Republican nominee. Reagan was pro-life, Bush was pro-choice. This single issue is why Reagan won the nomination.

Okay now, the Republican convention where Reagan has to choose his running mate for the VP. Prior to the convention, a newscaster reminded Bush that the Republican platform was staunchly pro-life. He asked if Bush would change his position if he was chosen as VP. Bush said he would not change his opinion.

Now, Reagan is backscreen with his considered prospects, one by one. Finally, backscreen Reagan calls for his next consideration to come backscreen (Bush).

It wasn't even 15 minutes!

Bush came back out and TADA! He was PRO-LIFE and of course the VP running mate. He made a nice little "pro-life" speech.

Now, this isn't about the pro-life or pro-choice single issue voting debackle ... this is about a man being dishonest with himself as well as his countrymen.

================================================

The only other thing I remember during the runup to the primary ... Bush in his black limo outside my office window. He was going into Kincaide subdivision in Houston with press and other dignitaries. The issue at the time was that the people of the city of Houston PAID for the streets with their tax dollars, and BUSH saw fit to put up security posts and gates to make it an exclusive subdivision. So, the public paid for HIS personal profits. Anywhere else they'd call that embezzelment. If your rich enough, it's called (BLEEP!)

[edit on 1/6/2010 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
...where to start, where to start?...

...his daddy financially supported hitler - that alone should have kept him from ever running for potus - but - he was encouraged into the political arena and was head of the cia prior to becoming the piss poor prez he was...

...some say he was involved in the jfk assassination... wouldnt surprise me a bit...

...while he was cia director, he had noriega on the payroll... remember noriega?... iran/contra deal, oli north/scapegoat, trading dope for arms (huge scam, HUGE)... and, as if thats not bad enough, ghwb gave noreiga a raise...

...all of the above was common knowledge when he was running for prez - but - the brain dead still voted for him, just like they would later for vote for his scummy son...

...under ghwb, we invaded panama on the premise of disposing noreiga (operation just cause, a horrible lie) and defending democracy and the rights of panamians - and - this "protective action" was accomplished by slaughtering 4000 innocent men, women and children (lots of children), whom they left in the streets to rot for days on end and then either burned them in massive piles or put them in mass graves...

...additionally, they locked up at least a couple thousand more (although they still lie about those numbers, claim it was only 1200-1300)... the news on that was mostly blocked out and/or cleaned up considerably here because they couldnt tell enough lies to clean that crap up... they even murdered a cameraman - shot him in the head - but - of course, it was the cameraman's own fault for trying to record an atrocity being committed by the usofa...

...its a shame that abortion wasnt the option chosen for ghwb and his offspring... there isnt a decent human in whole dang bunch...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Don't you find it strange that we have heard very Little out of George

W. Bush on what he thinks about World affairs since he has left office.

It is as though he has went into hiding and you see more of Laura Bush

then George W. To me it is though he knows something is coming. ^Y^

[edit on 1-6-2010 by amari]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I just want to add a question to the opening post, which essentially is my answer...

Does anyone else find it interesting that a former CIA Director was Vice President to a former actor?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Edit for Double Post...

[edit on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 22:44:34 -0500 by MemoryShock]

new topics

top topics

join