It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow Congress-Who is it from your state?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Gee, while everyone is worried about their guns, the NWO, and other non existant menaces, member of Congress are lining up to become lobbiests! Cash in while you can guys! Find out who's Who in the selling of America by clicking the link!

Shadow Congress

" It's not exactly breaking news that Washington is stuffed to the gills with lobbyists. But what doesn't get as much attention is that, over the last few decades, a vast army of what might be called uber-lobbyists has taken shape in the capital, made up of retiring lawmakers eager to cash in on K Street after a lifetime of making do with public sector salaries.

We've compiled a close-to-comprehensive list of former Members of Congress currently working on behalf of private interests in Washington's influence-peddling industry. We count 172 of them -- almost one-third the number of current members of Congress. "

Here's REAL CONSPIRACY RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE CONSPIRACY!
One you could actually do something about!
WILL YOU EVEN BOTHER TO READ IT?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
A lobbyist is there precisely to HIJACK the US government away from the American people.

Lobbyist = Hijacker.

A hijacker of representation.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Lobbyist are more dangerous than foreign armies IMO. They should be illegal. Prostitution should be legal before lobbyist. At least the prostitute provides a needed/wanted service.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
How sad.
While you are waiting for disclosure and griping about.....everything, these clowns are robbing you blind, deciding the laws, the course of government.

How passive can you guys be?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
My question is what do we do now?

These lobbyists are no longer in office so they can't be voted out, which would be the most obvious way to make them accountable.

And no candidate who's running for office is going to admit they want to become lobbyists when their Congressional careers have come to an end. That would be political suicide.

I know Obama has mandated a period of several years after government service before an employee can engage in lobbying the particular agency in which they have worked. But that seems to me just a drop in the bucket.

Unless lobbying is made illegal I see no effective way of remedying the situation.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Sestias]

new topics

top topics

join