It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do americans think the oil spill in the Gulf Of British Petroleum is a lot?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

not to mention most of the natural leaks don't go to the surface

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
edit: woops double post

[edit on 6/2/10 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by churchhead
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

It's called deductive reasoning. You need not spell something out or use a particular word to get a point across.

so how do you propose i communicate more effectivley without spelling words out or utilizing words, while living up to your expectations of what a discussion must adhere to?

please live up to your own recomendations and respond without spelling any words out.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

If everyone around the WORLD stopped using oil and oil products right now, would that stop the gushing leak in the gulf?

NO.

if people stopped using oil to wage war for more oil to wage more war for more oil, could it help prevent the next oil spill?

if your answer is an adamant NO, then our views on this particular issue are not the same.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I took your post as artful and intelligent - I appreciate the heads up comparison. Must have been fun to write.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
it's not like it's a lot of oil to the usa's "big picture".
Take a look at statistics, I’m pretty damn sure …
So what if a little water might be a little unpure

You must be clinically retarded. This isn't about consumption of
a fuel. It's about the careless error that is destroying habitats.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

thank you for the compliment.

i often wonder sometimes which is better or worse ...

an inumerous amount of white lies to protect/defend how some peoples' emotions might make them "feel", or...

a few properly placed truisms crammed into where they choose to have faced ...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

careless error? someone cared about something when they were arguing with eachother right before this "catastrophy" began. so are you sure about your "careless" statement now?

yes, i am clinically retarded, if it helps you feel better about yourself,
but my traumatic brain injuries were due to being to close to things that went boom while serving my country as a firefighter in military in iraq, afghanistan, and other places as well ...

thanks for your proffesional opinion doctor, any prescriptions you want to offer? i'm OPEN MINDED, to your advice doctor, and i appreciate your prognosis and your diagnosis.

please share with everone your personal experience working with the developmentally dissabled which allowed you to so accuratley identify my mental retardation

where did you recieve your Ph.D from, doctor?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Just to clarify your comments about the military here in the Us. I guess that England only has bases in england and no where else. Before you make statements as rediculous as that you might want to do some research. And another thing the US did not go to afghanistan and iraq by themselves. I think there was also a few other countries were with them and imagine that England was one of those countries. And one last thing what about the Falkland islands.Enough said.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

yes, i am clinically retarded, if it helps you feel better about yourself,
but my traumatic brain injuries were due to being to close to things that went boom while serving my country as a firefighter in military in iraq, afghanistan, and other places as well ...

thanks for your proffesional opinion doctor, any prescriptions you want to offer? i'm OPEN MINDED, to your advice doctor, and i appreciate your prognosis and your diagnosis.

please share with everone your personal experience working with the developmentally dissabled which allowed you to so accuratley identify my mental retardation

where did you recieve your Ph.D from, doctor?

My only advice is to wear a helmet, use child proof scissors and spell check.
Doctors Orders!

[edit on 2-6-2010 by keepureye2thesky]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I tell you what if you didn't have oil to fry up those fish and chip what would you do? I am betting nothing since if you don't fry it up its not real fish and chips.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

If everyone around the WORLD stopped using oil and oil products right now, would that stop the gushing leak in the gulf?

NO.

if people stopped using oil to wage war for more oil to wage more war for more oil, could it help prevent the next oil spill?

if your answer is an adamant NO, then our views on this particular issue are not the same.

So you are saying this spill was caused by war?

Do you think wars would stop if oil was replaced by another source for energy?

I can guarantee our thoughts are not the same. I actually think the oil leak IS a BAD thing.

BTW I am shocked you aren't using your anagrams to show us your "truth".

[edit on 2/6/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj
This thread is nothing but ignorant and in my opinion should be deleated with a warning issued to th OP w/wo banning.

Your very closed minded and seem ignorant towards americans in a sterotypical way and for that you lose my respect. /ignore block to u OP!

lose your respect?

you had a general lack of respect when reading the op.
as for losing your respect, it really isn't any loss to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by theukbloke

What are you on? Blaming Americans for consuming oil is utter madness, the very act of you posting on this forum means you have electricity, plastic, wire, metal and of course, an education - all granted to you by the industrial revolution that started in the UK - it was us brits that led the world this way with our inventions and science.

this just in everybody,
there was no such thing as electricity, metal, or educations prior to the u.k.!!!

Have you seen the size of the cars people are buying in the UK with the full knowledge of the fuel requirements? 4x4 are big business over here.

Only smoking one cigarette a day still makes you a smoker dude!

I understand your point, but blaming one nation isn't the right way to go about it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Esoteric, I am correct that you said you ride a bike. What do you think those tires have in them. You do know that oil you use to keep your chain oiled for a good ride well guess where that comes from. So I guess you should stop using it so that the USA doesnt have to give companies like BP a reason to drill for oil.Amazing how oil is used for alot of different things isn't it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Get real. Also, your math doesn't add up. The U.S. consumes 22 million barrels of oil per day. By conservative estimates, we've already spewed at least a million barrels into the gulf.

YAWN

my math doesn't add up?

ya, i have every reason to somehow believe you are better informed than the following person (Brian Williams on NBC Nightly News). you can hear it for yourself, unless you can prove he is lying to us all. Start about 1/3 into the broadcast and you will be a less than a minute away from the tidbit of information that inspired me to author the op:

source:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

I can't even comprehend how you are attempting to compare how much oil we consume in a given amount of time, with how much has been spilled into the gulf. How does this make the least bit of sense to you

you don't need to comprehend how i am attempting to compare the two, the comparison was made for all of us on nbc by brian williams:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Since you say that metal,electricity,and education was not around before the UK. I guess that means you should quit blaming the US for things when by your comments the UK was where it all started. If it wasn't for the UK then this wouldn't have happened if your education would not have gotten out to the rest of the world. Such an interesting comment you make. Oh yeah, who was it that figured out electricity and how to use it in the UK. I also think that education was around before the UK, but I guess the chinese dynasties were all dumb until the UK showed them what education is.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.
To make matters worse, I herewith declare the author´s
calculation to be incorrect.

to make matters better i herewith declare your statement may not be as well informed as brian williams statement made on nbc nightly news on the first of this month.

Start the tape about 1/3 the way into the broadcast and you will see that the exact same statistic i provided in the op was consistant with what was reported as fact on the news

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

So, is it your adamant belief that you are more informed than brian williams team of fact finders, or is it your claim he was just blatantly lying?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Since you say that metal,electricity,and education was not around before the UK. I guess that means you should quit blaming the US for things when by your comments the UK was where it all started. If it wasn't for the UK then this wouldn't have happened if your education would not have gotten out to the rest of the world. Such an interesting comment you make. Oh yeah, who was it that figured out electricity and how to use it in the UK. I also think that education was around before the UK, but I guess the chinese dynasties were all dumb until the UK showed them what education is.

you really took my response to the ukbloke out of context.

he stated those things "where granted to us" by the uk's industrial revolution.

lighting is electricity.
lighting was in existance before the uk was called the uk.
lighting was utilized to turn sand into glass using metal lightinig rods in ancient egypt and further west inside of africa.
batteries utilize electricity too, and were used in ancient sumaria, such as the "bagdad battery which is effective at electoplating gold onto other less precious metals.

education did exist prior to the uk.

and metal such as the bronze age was around prior to the uk being calledd the uk.

i do not accredit the uk with inventing nor discovering electricity, metal, or education. however i do recognize and acknowledge that cititizens of the uk made advances in these fields of studies.

hope this clarifies my veiws on these issues.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The OP's efforts and this thread are flying over a lot of heads here.
I see the direction, I just think it is to soon to go there. You should not use an American's consumerism a part of the blame as most of the developed nations globally consume to excess. This could have happened anywhere.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join