It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do americans think the oil spill in the Gulf Of British Petroleum is a lot?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I live near Virginia Beach and know for a fact tourism is going to bumped over here A LOT. Something happening in one place sends ripples elsewhere.

So the cities around where I will will be crowded and packed during the Summer and us locals are going to be in a load of annoyance.
--

I do feel bad for the gulf environment though. Whatever stunt TPTB has pulled or just a regular accident has occurred, the effects are going to be catastrophic.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
hi, my brothers, my sisters, my kin do more than just bleed
i know something. although your opinion is appreciated, no need
who's hands are on the wheel? whos' agenda do we feed?

if the future hasn't happened yet, the present is their true seed.
if you don't like my attitude, perhaps you should learn my creed
provided by my americans, nine plus years at war, i ask for them, i plead.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
stupid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Am I the only one who lost the point of this thread?
Not being a jerk but this is hard to follow.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

The thread is based on a misconception that the spill isn't all that bad and that the political effects are what are important.

In actuality, the ecological effects of the spill are the most important and can impact a large space of Earth for quite a long time.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

So it may be British Petroleum, but it's still America's fault because we drive cars? I've seen some closet America-bashing threads before, but damn...

Honest to God, you America haters have got to start breeding people with functioning brain cells or not even Sorcha Faal will take you seriously... and that's pretty laughable

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Obviously you have done very little research as to the effects of such a massive oil spill.

I suggest you go and look a little at the devastation that is caused by huge oil spills then come back and comment.

If you could show us some data from the medium to long term effects of light crude oil spills that would be fantastic.

Exxon Valdez doesn't count considering the area hit, and most importantly that it was heavy crude.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

No its not a huge amount based on how much the US uses in a day, or hour. But thats not the point. Two minutes sewage that goes by the average house in any large American city is not that much, unless it's in your basement. Crude oil, or any petroleum product is inherantly toxic to the environment. Yes oil is "natural" in it's unrefined state. But like lead, arsenic, etc. it's not good for anything alive.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

What are you talking about? I take it you are from across the pond, right. I really don't think that Brian Williams made a claim that rediculous. Come on even joe blow knows that is just silly. I would love to see some evidence about what you claim, and do not say you got it from american news. I could say the Queen mother is coming by to have tea and crumpets that doesn't mean it is going to happen. And you blame the USA for the problem i see. Well I tell you what as far as I know BP is for British Petrolium correct. Ok then how is this our fault when BP owns the rig and the well. So much rediculous comments come from so many misinformed people. Also you do know that England is also partners in these wars. So research,research,research for gods sake do some research before you come to a website and start saying things like you have here.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

I guess my sarcasm detecter is on the fritz because I 've reread the thread and I'm still at a loss for the meaning. Has been a long hot day and have had a couple beers. So because America uses far more oil a day, millions of gallons in the gulf is ok, being a small fraction of what we use?
Maybe we should all ride bikes.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
is this thread a joke?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Nicely said. I guess they all have bio deisel cars in england and I guess those double decker buses run on water.I t just shows the intellegance that is just saying whatever pops in their heads. Sad I tell you,really sad.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

I am not sure if you heard this but the main man in England from BP made a comment the other day that the oil in the gulf is miniscule compared to how much water is out there. I was at a loss for words when I heard that. The only thing I could say is WOW!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical1
stupid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

stupid is as stupid does ....

how do you define stupid, stupid?

In less than five years B.P. has made a profit of 700 TRILLION dollars since we last voted for our capitol hill

yet, lobbiests wishes, laws past, B.P. refuses to flip the bill, nor with 700 TRILLION dollars can they clean the spill?

and since i dare stand up and speak, you call me stupid and imply that i'm mentally weak?

well, if i get an "F" from an "F", in my book that has to be at least a "D", while i think now you may be stupider than me. and i'm dumb as a rock, that's easy to see!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I really hope a giant blob washes up on your next beach trip.

You act like we all cruise around in v-12's, foot to the floor.
When I ride my bike and cruise a 4 banger.

No need to be hatin people cause of thier birthplace.
I didn't have any reason to hate you until you created this crappy thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

No had not heard, thanks! Maybe he should put a drop or two in his tea. I'ts not much considering how big the cup is.

Edit to add: This is'nt a anti BP post, just a lets stop the damn leak post.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by JMech]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE

No need to be hatin people cause of thier birthplace.

ya, americans actions and behaviors are consistant with your ethical and moral advice!

how do you define hate? what is its' ingredients?

you say, right after memorial day:
"no need to hatin people cause of thier birthplace"

yet americans are engaged in a global war on terror, killing people in their own birthplace.

now what's your arguement to save face?

how do you define hate?
what is its' ingredients?

as for you hating me because of this thread
just go away and get my words out of your head...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I must say you are a very interesting fellow aren't you. I know the weather is not the greatest in England, but you need to get out and get some fresh air. Then you may actually see what is going on in the Gulf of Mexico. All I do know is that in the end it may not be a very good day for BP. I hope they saved some money for a rainy day because it is to blow like a monsoon when everything is said and done.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Yes and there are many in America that cant stand how other Americans consume like there is no price for this gluttony. Animals are dying, small business are dying because we cant get off the tit of oil.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No need to defend myself, as you are quite wrong about us as a whole, and about what you say.
I have no control over the war machine.
I really don't want to talk to a antagonist such as yourself...so

/thread

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join