It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reopening The Enigma of Case Destiny. (research thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers

While reading some threads on operation blackjack I came across The Enigma of Case Destiny. I am very intrigued. Now I know The enigma of case destiny is old but I am new to it and im sure there are other who haven't seen this before.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

^^Watch the slide before continuing^^

So firstly I want to discuss:

224a/12 (Pech Merle cave paintings)

"In total, there are about 576 separate images at Pech-Merle. Exceptionally and unlike Chauvet,Lascaux and Altamira, there is more abstract geometric art here/
, than animal pictures."

www.visual-arts-cork.com...
A good source of puplic info on the Pech Merle cave paintings.

But according to Case Destiny there are parts of the caves that are closed to the public. So whats down there??? Well I found this photo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d7f1dbc6ef6.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice the objects i've circled. They are quite clearly UFOs perhaps even UFOs that are attacking.

Basically this is all I have at the moment but I want to get the ball rolling.

Let the research begin!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hold on. I'm not trying to be a putz but can this be explained? It it written right below the pictures:

"The events depicted in this slideshow are entirely fictionall."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Do you think that was a typo or does it mean this is made up?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The history channel just had a series on called "ancient aliens" it had a lot of stuff like this on there. It didn't have this peticular thing though.

here are some more
www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by black cat

If you go to part 3 they have transcripts from a conversation between Nixon and Carter. The transcripts look pretty real to me.

If you start doing research on this then "The events depicted in this slideshow are entirely fictionall." seems to be more fake than the info in the slide itself.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d7f1dbc6ef6.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice the objects i've circled. They are quite clearly UFOs perhaps even UFOs that are attacking.

There were apparently also giant flying horses in those days.

The problem with interpreting ancient works of art like this is that you are interpreting them.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Looks more like a bunch of cowboy hats to me. Time travelling space cowboys maybe?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Don't get me wrong. I find the contents of this slideshow are definately interesting and worth the investigation. But that line under the pictures that says this is "entirely fictional" bothers me. Before I begin researching a subject I would like to know if I am actually on a wild goose chase from the beginning.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I remember a documentary I saw on Discovery Channel a few years ago; in it, they were talking about the Mayan culture and particularly about a king, and what was known of his looks with all the rock carvings known.

Archeologists were wondering what were the objects he was constantly shown with. One day, his tomb was found. And the objects looked exactly like in the carvings. Very minute details were recognized.

The scientists conclusion was that the carvings were not metaphorical but actual depictings of what the artist saw. You know what dropped my jaw in all this?

Behind the show host, there was this wonderful mural of 6feet by 12 of the king... shaking hands... with... an angel...

Interpretation? I don't think so. Take into account the fact that in prehistoric times, resources were not necessarily industrialized, thus rarer, making the artists more likely to be scribes, in their function. When you manage low quantity of resources, you tend to be practical. In this case, transmit an important lesson; beware of the ray throwing flying saucers.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit
Interpretation? I don't think so. Take into account the fact that in prehistoric times, resources were not necessarily industrialized, thus rarer, making the artists more likely to be scribes, in their function. When you manage low quantity of resources, you tend to be practical. In this case, transmit an important lesson; beware of the ray throwing flying saucers.

So then they did see giant flying horses?

It is absolutely interpretation. To say that the cave artists only drew what they saw, had no imagination or concept of the abstract is an assumption that with no basis in reality. At Chauvet Cave in France, there is a painting of a half-woman/half bison. The Pech Merle artists were known to produce signs and symbols.

Assuming that because certain paintings may vaguely resemble flying saucers that it must then mean the artists were witness to alien craft is both an interpretation and a grand leap of logic. The paintings in question could be anything from abstract signs and symbols to something they did see, such as landmarks or celestial objects.

And if you really want to believe that they were trying to impart an important lesson such as beware the death-ray flying machines, don't you think they would have made those drawings a bit more prominent?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
But according to Case Destiny there are parts of the caves that are closed to the public. So whats down there? Well I found this photo.

The cave is not closed for sinister reason, to keep the truth from the public or anything of the sort. It is to protect the paintings. Simply breathing on the paintings can damage them.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

Been away a while, Busy day at work. let me catch up.......

Reply to black cat:

If you really can't get over the fact that a news paper might be lying to you then I guess you haven't learnt much from ATS.

Reply to Doomsdayrex:

Yes this is an interpretation but likly most of what we know about history is.

Also this thread isn't just about cave painting its about decoding and finding the truth behind Case destiny.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Reply to black cat:

If you really can't get over the fact that a news paper might be lying to you then I guess you haven't learnt much from ATS.

So are you saying the newspaper is presenting this story as fiction, but they're lying to us and it is actually factual?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around why a newspaper would do this. Normally they present lies as fact, not the other way around.

The enigma of Case Destiny - a slideshow story. The events depicted in this slideshow are entirely fictional.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NASA is ASAN

i think that its very possible that the telegraph is doing that with these comics...like the disclaimer is just to cover their asses but the point is to get the information (or disinformation) circulating...and hopefully viral.
this case destiny was put up last june...july at the latest i think and i've been intrigued but they have not added anything since also posting nasa photos of supposed UFOS in space....

this was a legit paper, i thought....

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
i think that its very possible that the telegraph is doing that with these comics...like the disclaimer is just to cover their asses but the point is to get the information (or disinformation) circulating...and hopefully viral.
this case destiny was put up last june...july at the latest i think and i've been intrigued but they have not added anything since also posting nasa photos of supposed UFOS in space....

this was a legit paper, i thought....

Well, either way, if the OP is trying to get people to actively participate in the researching of a case, he should be presenting more info than just a link that declares everything is pure fiction. Maybe have another link, preferably from a trusted source, that says that the case is real? Kind of an out there idea.

Here's how it all went down for me:

-Read beginning of thread
-Got excited
-Followed thread instructions and linked to slideshow
-Read disclaimer
-Stopped being excited

new topics

top topics

join