It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn Your Car/Truck Into a HHO/Gas Hybrid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hello, all, just got my new HHO Reactor installed and working. I used this one:
HHO Hydrogen Generator Fully Assembled Premium 3/8" Kit
There is also a do it yourself kit....
HHO -- Do it Yourself Economy Kit-- WATER4GAS water for fuel Hydrogen Generator
Sadly, and you can see, these are unavailable at this time, but keep checking and they will come back. People are buying these fast, according to the owner whom I emailed with. I installed the Reactor on my 1990 Chevy G-20 Full size Van with 350 engine and TPI fuel injection. Right away I was able to realize a 50% rise in mileage! And I don't even have it completely tuned yet, and don't yet have this little device....MAP Sensor Enhancer
This "enhancer" is nothing more than two variable rate resistors that allow one to vary the voltage, thus varying the gasoline that is fed into the injectors, leaning out the fuel for city, and highway driving. HHO is Brown's Gas,
or Oxyhydrogen, a mixture of Hydrogen and Oxygen, twice as much hydrogen as oxygen, thus the name "HHO."
HHO is three times more potent than gasoline, and will clean all of that nasty carbon from your expensive engine, meaning longer life and cleaner running. Why do this? How about unreasonable gas prices? How about the cheapness of the gas? How about the Big Oil companies making billions from your pockets?

Installation was easy, we used the old charcoal canister up front, plugged the fuel line vent and placed some foam rubber in the bottom. Cut down the sides and bored hole in the plastic cylinder for cooling. Hooked the ground to the firewall, the power wire went to a toggle switch, they to battery. Placed a Tee in the PCV line, and hooked up the Reactor's vacuum 3/8 line to the Tee. Started the engine, and turned the "bubbler" to obtain a nice flow of the gas, it's brown in appearance, by the way, but is named for the inventor. We left the lines and wires a little long, so we could easily take the Reactor out and show it to people, and see if it's hot. We began with 1/8th teaspoon of baking soda, and eventually worked up to a little over an 1/8th for good production and no over heating. The unit will get hot, it is a chemical reaction, after all, but it is not dangerous, and will not blow up in your face. The Reactor case is a Mason jar!

At first, the engine really stank bad. this went away after a few miles, the engine runs quieter now, and has a lot more power than it used to have. My tailpipe is turning an ash gray color. I start cold on gas, then turn on the Reactor. I will come back to this thread when I am completely done with it, and post what I have found out about it. This technology works, plain and simple.

Edit to add: This little device will work on ANY car, any truck, any gasoline engine at all.
TPI or Port Fuel Injection no problem at all.

[edit on 6/1/10 by autowrench]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Not one single reply. I guess everyone knows all about these little gas savors then. One more part to install and configure, and I will be getting over 50 miles per gallon with a V-8 engine in a 4300 pound van. Sorry to waste your time with this.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

It was the holiday that probably kept you from
getting replies.I just found this thread today.
I will be looking into getting something like this if
I can.I have to put premium gas in my car.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
We ran a controlled test yesterday, and pulled down a cool 30 mpg with a 350 Chevy V-8 in a 4300 pound van on a hilly up and down highway with some city driving. Before the HHO generator was installed, we were lucky to get 15 mpg on a good day. I am saving for an engine rebuild, and an installation of older cylinder heads and a carburater/HEI ignition system. With this set up, and a bigger reactor of course, we can run on just the HHO and no gas at all, except maybe for a cold start. I wish everyone would do this, I am thinking of building retrofit units and teaching a class on how to install and configure one. On ANY car you get an instant 10% increase off the bat. Anything wrong with that? You can also get a tax credit for running a hybrid vehicle.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm shakey about this.

I love the idea.

I wouldn't mind doing it.

I just want to see it done in the car I have and then have someone else do it for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Some new things....for one, I left the reactor on for three hours and melted down the acrylic tower that the wires are wrapped about. Ordered a new tower, but it was inferior and shattered on a rather long trip. We took two 5/16 stainless steel bolts with little thread, and long shoulders, and made new electrodes from these. So far they are working out good, I was able to increase the amperage, and the Trisodium Phosphate to double the usual amount. If anyone installs one of these, be certain not to leave it on! A meltdown will occur which could start a fire, or burn the electrics up. Still reporting 35-40 mpg every day, gets better on cold, rainy days, and gets worse on hot, dry days, but consistently, this little unit saves me $150 a month.
Do not use baking soda as an electrolyte, it produces carbon monoxide and is dangerous. Stay away from lyes, they will eat away at your unit's electrodes. In cold weather, mix in 50% denatured alcohol to keep from freezing the reactor. Check HERE to learn about, and discuss this technology.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I would love to give this a go I used vege oil in my landcruiser for a while but found out the 1HDT motor could have issues being a direct injection diesel so gave it away, it did work very well while I used it though. Any web sites you could recommend,all the ones I seen were seemed a bit sketchy lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Do you know where else you can get a kit? The one on amazon is sold out out, and the do it yourself one says its not available
Thanks

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Right here, friend:

HHO Generator Kit
www.greentechexpress.com...

Be sure to get yourself one of these too:

MAP/MAF Sensor Enhancer
burnhydrox.com...

This will work on most fuel injected cars and trucks. I replaced the Acrylic Tower with two stainless 3/8 bolts wrapped with the stainless wires.

Here is my wintertime Electrolyte Mix:

White Vinegar
Baking Soda
Denatured Alcohol
Hydrogen Peroxide

Mix 3 table spoons soda and four ounces vinegar in a pan. These will react and make ascetic acid and sodium acetate (this is used to de-se airport runways). This will bubble as it reacts.

7 cups of rain/distilled water and warm it up, then add the above solution.
Stir until it is dissolved. Let cool.

Add 1 cup of denatured alcohol and mix
Add two capfuls of hydrogen peroxide

This mixture will turn brown after 50 miles or so, and you will need to change it out. the brown substance on the bolts comes right off with a little vinegar and an old toothbrush.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hey, although this post sounds more like an advertisement then the truth, what the heck. I just bought a 90 chevy gladiator to divorce/temporarily move 1000 miles away with. Because it only gets about 14 mpg (if it isnt hilly) then the only way i could consciously keep it ( its super nice for the year and price) would be to increase the fuel efficiency. Hows your van doing and do you have any more advice ? Thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sufi1tree
Hey, although this post sounds more like an advertisement then the truth, what the heck. I just bought a 90 chevy gladiator to divorce/temporarily move 1000 miles away with. Because it only gets about 14 mpg (if it isnt hilly) then the only way i could consciously keep it ( its super nice for the year and price) would be to increase the fuel efficiency. Hows your van doing and do you have any more advice ? Thanks!

Yeah, that's about what my Chevy van gets without this system. I have been using mine for a year now. And don't worry that people laugh at you for talking about this, people are only stupid by choice. Greentechexpress is no longer online, but you can get a reactor here: www.walkingeaglesolutions.com... Also, for maximum mileage, get and install one of these little dudes:
MAP / MAF Sensor Enhancer. This is two variable rate adjustable pots that are wired into the ECM. You can dial up or down the amount of gas fed to the injectors with this, vastly improving your mileage. With both, and a good mix, you will double your mileage off the bat. I went on a rather long trip yesterday, and pulled down 34 mpg average. As I said in the above posts, I have changed the configuration, removing the acrylic tower and replacing it with two stainless bolts, wrapped with wire. In the Spring we are welding stainless plates to the bolts to get more production. It does work. We changed the spark plugs yesterday morning. They still looked practically new. No carbon whatsoever, and no deposits. They really didn't need changed, but we changed them out anyway.

I am also using a 40,000 Volt MSD coil and high performance primary wires.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
last year was first time i heard about HHO and its potency versus gasoline. I really got interested,tried searching on auto repair manuals but they have insufficient infos about this. i'll try it tomorrow.
edit on 6-2-2011 by chuckhumprey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I want to pick your brain. I am a mechanic, but not at a dealer, so you can use technical terms with me and I'll understand them. (Just so you know)

I have been debating the HHO adaptation since summer of last year, but now that I'm having finanical troubles and losing one of my trucks, gas mileage is even more important to me. Unfortunately the vehicle I'm losing is my best mileage maker. (I wish I made more with my new job)

What I'm left with is my old truck, a 1977 Chevy 4x4.

High mileage 350, original motor, but still running strong with XXX,XXX miles--Odometer was broken when I bought the truck, so I have a spare motor I'm rebuilding to swap in a fresh bottom end.

1977 Chevy 350, stock 77 heads, I think 64cc chambers
Edelbrock Performer RPM intake with Edelbrock Carb
Turbo 350 Trans

How exactly could I use this kit to make my old truck sip a little lighter on the can for my 60 mile round trip-a-day to work?

I understand the concept, but since I don't have computer sensors and injectors on the truck, I want to keep it simple and just go with the basics. I also saw you mentioned replacing the mix after fifty miles, so does that mean changing it out every day when I get home? That could get tedious...

Thanks in advance, S & F to bring this to everyone's attention. We need a way to fight big oil because trying to do it in court won't work.

King

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I am interested in this technology as well.

I have a 1998 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L that I am interested in running with a HHO System.

All in all, for you motor head types out there, it runs very much like a wet Nitrous system does.

Instead of a bottle of NOx, you have the HHO Generator running off the Alternator via a fused link and powered on by the ignition switch.

To prevent meltdown as Autowrench has encountered.

From what I understand the Carbureted engines are even easier to implement because you don't have to fiddle with mixtures as you don't have an O2 sensor telling the engine what to do.

From what I have seen the Hydrogen goes directly into the air filter where it mixes with air coming in through the air cleaner.

I am up in the air at the moment. Mainly due to the choices of catalysts used in the HHO generators....

Their are several choices....all have pros and cons.

I do like the simplicity of Autowrenches mixture. And the fact that it's not toxic as the Lye based electrolytes can be once they react with the stainless used on the electrodes.

Also too, they've these dry generators that don't contain much if any electrolyte and because they're using titanium don't create some of the nasty biproducts produced by Lye which is a corrosive, reacting with Stainless steel producing what is called Chromate.

Additionally, I don't want to overtax my alternator...as we know an alternator has an amp rating but like a generator, that is peak and not nominal. SO if you want to know what the alternator will safely produce, you need to look at drawing considerably less than the peak value....about half.

This is another consideration that I have in HHO generator and the Electrolyte used....I would prefer to draw fewer amps than more amps...simply due to higher amp draw is wasted energy in the form of heat underhood.

Defeating the purpose of my cold air intake !

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Considering that my truck is from 1977, the only electrical draws on the system are the dashlights, headlights and turn signals/brake lights. I have a radio, but other than that there is minimal electrical systems within the truck. It would be extremely easy to just put a slightly larger alternator on my truck considering it's so easy to reach. Much like changing it out for a large car stereo, I already have a deep cycle Optima battery for the truck, so picking up a larger alternator to offset the draw would be a minimal expense, and give the added benefit that I already wanted to do it so I could hook up my KC lights on a rollbar.

King

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

1977 Chevy 350, stock 77 heads, I think 64cc chambers Edelbrock Performer RPM intake with Edelbrock Carb Turbo 350 Trans

OK, some tips for you. Can I say Rhoads Lifters? Rhodes use oil pressure for true Variable Valve Timing. You need to keep compression down to about 10.5 to 1. Set your cam timing straight up. If you are using a carb, forget about the system I am using, it is for Fuel Injection engines. Of course you can build a unit that will produce 2 liters of HHO per minute, and run the engine on it, but careful tuning, plus different jets would be in order. For now, keep your front end aligned, set your toe at "0." Keep the tires at 45 psi, and take anything
un-necessary out of your truck. Use synthetic oil, better lube qualities and slicker on moving metal parts. Run a 160 degree thermostat, a cooler thermostat is a cooler engine, and a cooler engine last longer and runs cheaper. Run a digital ignition system, such as MSD or Mallory, and at least a 45,000 volt coil, and use the cheaper plugs, but use a hotter plug than stock.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

I was referring to the additional amperage draw by the addition of the HHO generator and not the needs of the truck.

We are fairly certain that your current alternator is sufficient for the needs of your truck's electrical system if your battery is remaining charged.

But This is one of the questions that I have with the installation of the HHO system. Because from what I have learned, The more electrolyte the higher the amperage draw.

And potentially pulling too much current for the alternator but also making it more efficient over all.

Ideally I would want a decent balance between the HHO production and current/amperage draw.

But that's ok, I think that a ampmeter on the HHO generator would give you a good idea on the addition current draw required by the HHO generator and the electrolyte mixture could then be balanced out to moderate the current draw vs HHO production.

edit on 13-6-2011 by nh_ee because: typos

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is true. I have a 105 Amy GM alternator, and a 1000 cranking amps battery. Never had a problem. Wrapped my electrodes in stranded copper wire a few days ago and got a dramatic increase in mileage, but the chlorine gas is getting pretty bad. Going to have to break down and buy some KOH. We are working on a plate design in a beer cooler. Going to need more power for that.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Jeeping community is big on HHO for we are always looking for improvements and who doesn't want to save a few $$$ the next time you go to the pump.

This is a guy from one of my Jeep XJ forums that has been running HHO in his 98 XJ for a while now.

I am posting this because he is making his own home made plate system from off the shelf parts found at any hardware store for well less than $100. and better yet, it works.

Even if it isn't a total HHO solution, This is the type of basic ingenuity that we all need to share and learn from.

For there will always be room for improvement.

Part II

HHO is the way to GO !!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I like this design a whole lot better than my own! I am starting construction next week on my own plate design generator. I already know where to sell my old one, which works OK, like I said, by this one is far superior in design and operation. I have a V-8 engine, so I will be using 6 plates instead of 3. I have a bunch of computer power supplies, I will use the cases of them for the plates. Thanks a bunch, friend!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join