It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your turn: Who should replace Simon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
CNN asked the question and Here are a couple of decent answers.

So I thought I'd ask you guys, who should replace Simon on American Idol and why?

My pick right now is Gene Simmons.

The man has done it all, is a rock icon from the 70's and a very smart business man. He would be honest with the contestants.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I haven't really watched the show since the first year or two, though I do catch the audition takes, every now and again. Personally, I've always liked Simon. My suggestion, though not serious, would be hilarious. They should pick Ozzy. Can you imagine? I'd love to hear his comments. I wonder how much I'd actually understand? Lol.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Howard Stern !!!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't think Stern would be a good fit.

Sure he could be rude to people, but I just don't think he could control himself, he'd get too "dirty"

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Joe The Plummer...

Get someone totally apart from the industry and get a real honest opinion on that show for once..

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I've got THE PERFECT FIT.

JOHNNY ROTTEN.

Seriously...top that!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I really feel it should be someone in the business though.

Who can spot talent and weed out the "wanna be's".

But who ?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You may be right about Stern, too polarizing....especially if he brings the laser pointer

One thing I am sure of- They MUST have a British accent.

Rude comments sound 100 times better with a British accent (better as in ruder)

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

American Idol seriously needs to reinvent itself if it expects to survive Simon leaving and (to quote Comic Book Guy) the worst season ever.

Elton John would be a great start as he knows the business quite well and would also be positive in his feedback instead of negative. His schedule is quite busy (writing musicals for Disney), so he probably won't be able to do Idol.

Reba McEntire would be a great replacement as she not only sings and produces her own music, but she is also a performer and an actor. She could also help bring more respect to the country genre as it was treated as a joke with the others.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
AI won't survive leaving...but it will try.

I say, give us the HOFF!!!!

Sure, he's a douche...but it's pretty entertaining....

"That was "Hoff-al!"
"That was "Hoff-tastic!"

I can see it now....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!
:bash:

NOoooooooo I can't take it.... :bnghd:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just watched Americas Got Talent and I must say, I am impressed with Howie Mandel's appearance as the new judge there..

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, from what I have seen it really does not matter.

They have no say in who is the winner,since it "seems" to be a viewer vote show.

They are not really judges,just celebs expressing their opinion that is all.

That show should not have lasted 5 years,but with the lack of originality coming out of Hollyweird they will beat that dog until it is dead.

The guy who was runner up the first year Justin,lives in his parents basement.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Richard D. James

Because he's just plain awesome.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I quit taking the show seriously when they let so many ridiculous costumes on. I thought man this can't be for real.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I've been saying for years that the voting needs to be taken away from the general public.

It's a popularity contest, the best singer doesn't always win.

This is supposed to be a talent contest.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The first runner-up may live in his parents' basement, but that season's winner is a major pop star, selling albums and concert tickets.

That show should not have lasted 5 years,but with the lack of originality coming out of Hollyweird they will beat that dog until it is dead.

With Simon leaving, it is definitely dying...not completely dead, so they'll keep beating it, but it's at death's door...no doubt...as are other reality shows that have been on a couple seasons too long....

Will be interesting to see if So You Think You Can Dance's new format helps with it's downturn.... I actually like the live show on tour much better than the tv show, but can't have one without the other. The live show is absolutely incredible.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I vote for Pee-Wee Herman!

I know you are but what am I?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
CNN asked the question and Here are a couple of decent answers.

So I thought I'd ask you guys, who should replace Simon on American Idol and why?

I nominate myself. I am jaded, blunt and have a good poker face. I'm sorry if that's not creative, but I have no issues telling folks that they suck. I won't even let the bikini airheads past me.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Rob zombie

dee snyder

bret michaels, if he's up to it

sebastion bach

just my thoughts

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join