It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's launches TV ad campaign targeting gay men

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
DUDE, what the H!

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Ohh Mcdonalds.

Mcdonald's is contributing to the problem of homophobia by forcing it down your throats so to speak.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Seriously, who cares? Good for them.
So what even?
I love how this identifies the real issue.
People are still haters no matter how many times they say their not.
Disapointed Silo, for somebody that comes across as a person who cares most of the time this is a surprise, i am disapoint.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

you could say that for any lifestyle

including criminal.

where does one draw the line?

this suggests that homosexuality is natural. and i cant for the life of me find any scientific evidence that would support this notion.

right outta websters:

sex·u·al·i·ty
   /ˌsɛkʃuˈælɪti or, especially Brit., ˌsɛksyu-/ Show Spelled[sek-shoo-al-i-tee or, especially Brit., seks-yoo-] Show IPA
–noun
sexual character; possession of the structural and functional traits of sex.
recognition of or emphasis upon sexual matters.
involvement in sexual activity.
an organism's preparedness for engaging in sexual activity.

now lets look at the details of this act they call "sex"

link

Sex Chromosomes:
In human sexual reproduction, two distinct gametes fuse to form a zygote. Gametes are reproductive cells produced by a type of cell division called meiosis. They contain only one set of chromosomes and are said to be haploid.

The male gamete, called the spermatozoan, is relatively motile and usually has a flagellum. The female gamete, called the ovum, is nonmotile and relatively large in comparison to the male gamete. When the haploid male and female gametes unite in a process called fertilization, they form what is called a zygote. The zygote is diploid, meaning that it contains two sets of chromosomes.

Sex Chromosomes X-Y:
The male gametes or sperm cells in humans and other mammals are heterogametic and contain one of two types of sex chromosomes. They are either X or Y. The female gametes or eggs however, contain only the X sex chromosome and are homogametic. The sperm cell determines the sex of an individual in this case. If a sperm cell containing an X chromosome fertilizes an egg, the resulting zygote will be XX or female. If the sperm cell contains a Y chromosome, then the resulting zygote will be XY or male.

homosexuality is a perversion of reproduction/sexuality. by definition.

now i can already sense the rebuttal being: "so you think people only have sex to procreate?!?!?!"

absolutely not, but lets still acknowledge that sex without the intention of procreating is simply an indulgence.

like eating food. the purpose of eating food is to take in nutrients and be able to function, yet we pervert that act for indulgence as well by overeating and eating things that have little or no nutritional value, for nothing more than our own pleasure.

and now we have a whole lot of morbidly obese people that have a myriad of physical health problems.

im not saying homosexuality or overeating are wrong in themselves, but pretending that they are natural is ridiculous, and could potentially cause harmful repercussions in society.

go ahead and try to convince me the human body is naturally suppose to be morbidly obese, you cant. same thing with homosexuality.

in the same manner overeating creates phsycial health problems, it is my own belief that hyper-sexuality(be it homo or hetero) will create mental problems down the road.

and i think its wrong to make society conform to ones own perverted indulgences, whatever it may be.

so in a nutshell, fine go to mcdonalds and be gay,convince yourself of whatever you like. just dont get upset when somebody else isnt willing to feel the same, and stop throwing guilt trips.

i see this homosexuality movement copying the civil rights movement, masquerading as the same thing, but its not.

self control has nothing to do with race...
but everything to do with sexuality....

if we start accepting any and all forms of a "creed" (nothing short of a lifestyle)...again...where does one draw the line? it will be the excuse for any and all illegal and immoral acts.

your not born with pre-set intentions. if that were the case im sure manson would have walked.

bring on the flames!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by joechip

I'd venture to guess that a LARGE percentage of young gay kids are not "OUT", especially to their parents. So there is definitely a target audience here. And the ending line... "Come as you are" is very inclusive, showing acceptance to them whether they're out or not.

Yeah should i tell my 12 year old son he's gay.

You said in your other posts about people from all walks of life being invited so should we not add pedofiles, drug addicts, insest and the like whilst we are about it for after all it's not their fault is it now.

Don't think i would want to be 'Out' of anything or have a phopia and maybe isium about anything would i now.

I get a little tired of being told whats PC and what to think but hay thats just me.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Such boring rhetoric. Yes gay rights is the new civil rights agenda. The agenda will continue. Count on it.

Now back to McD's. It's not like their selling McCondom's and providing kids with Brokeback Mountain coloring place mats, or placing My two Mommies booklets in the happy meals.

Such nonsense to your thread.

Gay money is green too. And money is what it is all about.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I hope it does come to the states. I think it's important for people to be confronted with the fact that gay people are "out there". They are a part of our culture and society. Just like straight people, women, handicapped people, black people, children, fat people and elderly people. They are a part of us. Sticking one's head in the sand and pretending they don't exist is an option, but I don't think public companies like McDonald's should join the "head in the sand" gang.

I'm still not going to eat at McDonald's, but I think this is a gutsy move.

then i suppose youd welcome the pro-rapist/drug addict/child molester commercials with open arms too????

does every group thats "out there" need recognition? or just your favorites?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

then where are all the mcdonalds commercials aimed at stoners?

oh no wait thats bad. cant talk about that.

i might as well jump on the bandwagon too

such hypocrisy

sympathy for all, or sympathy for none.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oh please - there's homosexuality in loads of adverts.

Eat healthily, be nice to other people, help old people across the road and just don't worry about who someone falls in love with, it's none of your business.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well Lurkerman, all I have to say to your response is a couple of things. Definitions imho are man made as much as religion basically. Yes, they are there to give one a idea or translation, but still it isn't THE THING in all perspectives and uses. So, homosexuality defined is rather a mote point , again imho.
There are such things as genetics etc, if you want science. To me that falls under natures law of natural. One can look at nature and find many signs of homosexuality, the seahorse for just one example.

I don't know about you, but for myself, I certainly have more things going on in my mind through the day then just "sex". Regardless of whatever my gender may be, or my sexual preference, really has NO BARING on how I deal with my fellow man. It is a mute point.
All I know is people would quit dwelling on color, race, sexuality, the list goes on, and just see their neighbors as other paddling the boat with them up this stream we call life, we might quit going in circles and actually get upstream.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

the seahorse does not reproduce homosexually. it still takes a male and a female, the male just carries the offspring.

and regardless of what you think, or what the dictionary says, it still takes a male/female to reproduce in species that have both male and female.

and for what its worth, aside from those 2 discrepancy's, i agree with everything you said.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Times change ...

... thank god for that!

Although it seems that there'll always be those who pine for the 'good ol' days' ... and so it will be with this Mc. Donalds' ad. In fifty years most will wonder what the big fuss was all about, and others will still hate ...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
What consenting adults participate in behind closed doors is their own affair.

Ronald McDonald? You want to dress like a 'clown', go for it, but keep the 'clowning around' out of your restaurant!

[edit on 1-6-2010 by silo13]

The fact that you jump to a sexual message about this shows where you had your mind in the first place.

I think it's a very emotionally touching commercial, doesn't want to make me get Mickey D's though.

Should I make a thread about every heterosexual anything i see in a commercial?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Thank you for that LurkerMan, your "for what its worth" part. I know it always takes a male and female to reproduce but sometimes I think homosexuality is one of natures way of protecting itself from over population which seems to be exactly one of the problems we are having now. Can you imagine the numbers if everyone was straight? The board at Mcdonalds would certainly read different on how many served that's for sure!!!
Good banter, hope I have a new friend perhaps....

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
mcdonalds is idiotic anyway.

This only proves again how much so.

they know controversy gets people talking, but I'm glad I pirate and don't have to deal with commercials about 5 years ago I started pirating cause I could no longer stand commercials, I can't stand spam and about 5 years ago I finally had enough.

It's nice now though no ads anywhere...

firefox is great as well as dvr, torrents, etc.

never another ad again

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I apologize to those that have asked me questions in this thread. It's not that I'm ignoring you, it just that I don't want to waste my time. I'm not inclined to reply to ignorance.

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
In fifty years most will wonder what the big fuss was all about...

Many already do.

Originally posted by Uniceft17
The fact that you jump to a sexual message about this shows where you had your mind in the first place.

Exactly. When they focus their advertising on the elderly, women or children, do we automatically think of them having sex? That's ridiculous!

Should I make a thread about every heterosexual anything i see in a commercial?

Only if you see a couple strolling down the pathway and feel like they're pushing their sexuality down your throat!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

To some extent I agree BH. It's nice to see a commercial such as this and I did comment before actually watching the add.

So, insert foot in mouth on my end.

After looking at the add, I kind of like it actually..

It doesn't make me want to get Mcdonald's or anything.

I wonder if this is in response to that kid who was refused employment because he was Trans-Gender?

All the best to them I guess. I highly doubt it will make rounds in North America though..

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan

you could say that for any lifestyle

including criminal.

The 2 are completely uncomparable.

this suggests that homosexuality is natural.

Please tell me how the ad suggested that, it did the complete opposite to me, it was a completely emotional ad and had nothing to do with sex. The fact that he tried to hide it from his father is the first clue that 'hey, this isn't normal' and then the "Come as you are part" was to people in or out of the closet, married living a secret gay life, whatever, come buy our food!

That was the commercial, GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTERS PEOPLE!!

[edit on 6/1/2010 by Uniceft17]

[edit on 6/1/2010 by Uniceft17]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
reply to post by brilab45

then where are all the mcdonalds commercials aimed at stoners?

oh no wait thats bad. cant talk about that.

i might as well jump on the bandwagon too

such hypocrisy

sympathy for all, or sympathy for none.

Theirs a skeleton in every closet. Join the human race.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

thats okay, i didnt think you would be able to provide the enlightenment anyway.

if you so ever change your mind in the future, throw me a u2u!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Do you really think this is a new argument, whether the homosexual lifestyle is healthy?
It is more than biblical in its historical significance. It is an age old argument.
If you think it is going to be different in the future, you kid yourself.

Human nature is what it is. Example...

Why do we have all of these ethnic neighborhoods in big cities? Even today?
Familiarity, customs, and VALUES.

The homosexual, like anyone else that follows their own desire for self-determination or selfish sins of the flesh, it doesn't matter, will always be considered...deviants.

Why? Familiarity, customs ,and values.

Then what? Even their "own" will disown them, or most will.

If they are an embarrassment, then their "own" will REALLY pile on. If they are popular and a screaming success,
they are then accepted.

*SNIP*

Human nature.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join