It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Buddhism and Metaphysics website on the internet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.attan.com

This website is all you need to understand true Buddhism and Non Duality.

“What is the one benefit, Master Gotama, which you exist for? The one thing that the Tathagata exists for is the fruit and emancipation by illumination.” [SN 5.73]
"Followers, this body is to be seen as it really is, it is merely (the product of) past karma (i.e. the body/5-aggregates cannot be purified)." [SN 2.65]
“The Aryan Eightfold Path is the path leading to immortality” [SN 5.8]
"The Tathagata, the Buddha, is a designation for (means) 'become-Brahman'."[DN 2.84]
"The well-centered mind/will (citta) is the path for attainment of Brahman." [SN 4.118]
“This is immortality, that being the liberated mind/will (citta) which does not cling (after anything)” [MN 2.265]
“This said: ‘the liberated mind/will (citta) which does not cling’ means Nibbana”[MN2-Att. 4.68]
"Steadfast-in-the-Soul (thitattoti) means one is supremely-fixed within the mind/will (citta)”[Silakkhandhavagga-Att. 1.168]
“Your mind/will (citta) is supremely emancipated, like the full moon on the fifteenth day in dark of night!”[SN 1.233]

The Attan website is the largest Metaphysics website on the internet. Attan means Atman, the True Soul, which is equal to Brahman, the absolute reality. The non-dual Attan is the goal of Buddhism, contrary to a religion of moral rules that are imposed upon disciples. While discipline is important, Liberation is better than morality.

"The one thing that the Tathagata exists for is the fruit and emancipation by illumination.” [SN 5.73]

The Tathagata is a word that means "gone to the (Absolute) One" and is achieved through liberation of the Mind/Will through Gnosis (Wisdom).

The author also shows his own depth of knowledge when it comes to Non-duality wisdom:

Webmaster attan.com-"Here said: 'I am not that, this is not me, that is not my Soul (na me so atta)'. No thing (phenomena, namo-rupa, corporeality, khandhas) is my Soul. My True-nature is my Soul (svabhava), which is no thing, gone unseen until now due to the fog of nescience. No thing can be said to be my Soul; this is the deep trap in which the weak minds of fools become ensnared to conclude 'nothing is' and deny, ultimately, true liberation (vimutta) [SN 3.46] from bondage and That which is liberated, That which obtains immortality (amata), That which no longer tastes of death. That of which nothing can be said of him who has obtained the immortal state, for what is like unto That which one can say: 'It is like this, or it is like that'. Nothing is like unto It, for It is like unto itself alone, not like unto another, neither concept nor metaphor touch It or impart it to the seeker save wisdom alone. The snake cannot eat itself so as to ever make claim 'nothing is'; such is the dogma of fools unable to see the foundation of phenomena, the unseen Seer, the unmoved Mover in which both movement and change are superimposed on the mind by the fog of nescience which creates the unreal duality of actor and acted, deed and doer, feeler and felt; causing simple minds to make merit, do deeds, heap virtue for a better life or afterlife, and praise compassion, never seeing that the stainless Soul obtained by wisdom is unsoiled and without want, either of deed or merit, for both are brother and sister to samsara itself. Merit making is the karmic # heap of samsara upon which the cock crows and bemuses himself king; the Soul partakes of itself alone [KN 2.380] , and by wisdom alone is won; him alone do the wise call 'victor of the battle against death's touch', not the former who is bound to samsara as sure as his merits make him so, be they good or bad. Between being (sat, atthiti, abbamatthi, sabbamekattan) and nonbeing (asat, natthiti, sabbamnatthi, sabbam puthuttan) is That which declares, in ignorance, both views, is That from which both heretical views come. That is That, Brahman-become, the means, the middlemost Soul [majjhatta], the body of Brahman [DN 3.84] free, pure, unbecome[Ud. 81], Tathagata. Nothing true can be said of the Absolute for all speech, affirmation and negation are mutually exclusive binary antinomy concepts which are circum-experiential to the phenomenal man so-and-so. The true said of the True are directive negations to immediacy with the One without another."

Brahman, the absolute, the pure, the immortal, taintless Supreme Soul of All, yet not any of the All, between being and non-being, That thou Art, That thou Art. One without a second.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Om
shanti shanti shanti (peace)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ya you told me about this website on my thread. Are you Buddhist?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes I suppose I did. I might have used it as a reference and that gave me the idea to make this thread. I am an American not Buddhist but I studied Buddhism for a while before I came to the website and even though I thought I had a profound understanding of Buddhism that information made my thoughts even more solid in my mind. I think the Buddhist religion is comes closet to the truth out of the major religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism), but I also read Plotinus and the Upanishads.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Hey thanks for the info on that website.

I've also studied just about every religion and philosophy I could find.

Out of everything the Upanishads and the Tibetan Book of the Dead struck me the most.
Although existentialism really grabs me...
Appreciate the info.

BTW if you dig Buddhism you might enjoy reading JD Salinger's books about the Glass family--good stuff.

[edit on 1/6/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

"Theravada, the perverse dogma of the annihilationists, was born from the womb of Mara (evil)"

what is that supposed to mean?? isn't the Pali canon one of the greatest sources of knowledge??

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reignite

"Theravada, the perverse dogma of the annihilationists, was born from the womb of Mara (evil)"

what is that supposed to mean?? isn't the Pali canon one of the greatest sources of knowledge??

Theravada is a sect that originated after the pali canon was first recorded (according to www.attan.com)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by Reignite

Theravada is a sect that originated after the pali canon was first recorded (according to www.attan.com)

still , it is a massive body of knowledge . right?

dismissing it as 'the source of evil' is just plain stupid. that reason alone makes me want to skip this site.

did you ever read any part of the tipitaka? like the abhidhamma?

top topics

join