It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megaphone: Undeniable Proof of Israeli Propaganda on Forums like ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

Brilliant proof Crimson. Absolutely perfect. The screenshots are the best evidence. Absolute and hard proof of Israeli manipulation.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

Thanks for the images, they'll come in useful.

I think I'll post them on 4chan /b/ too, let them know how they're being used to spread propaganda.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Pixus]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
No one should be anti-Israel or anti-Jewish. However, everyone should be skeptical of their politicians which run hand in hand with our own.

Just like anyone else, their politicians are greedy, self-centered, murderous, and sociopathic.

To be quite honest, it seems that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the most balanced out of all the world politicians. Out of the entire middle east and the Western World, for a guy who is "hated" the way that he is, he's about the only one not involved with a war or any type of armed conflict whatsoever. Maybe that's what is pissing Americans off these days, the fact that he has yet to commit a crime, or fall into the childish nonsense that the West and the bulk of the middle east are involved in.

It seems he recognizes this game for what it is...Childishness.

www.presstv.ir...

Can anyone really disagree with that??? I'm sure there will be several that will just for the sake of making an argument against this, but, ultimately...you're wrong.

He hasn't killed anyone. His country hasn't started any conflicts. His country isn't in any current conflicts. His economy is more stable than ours, and it appears that he treats his citizens with more respect than we do.

What does that say about us??? HMMMM???

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

A very good warning indeed.

On your last thread entitled: 'Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla', posted on 5/30/10, I noticed more than one account created on that very day.

Those accounts were all extremely pro-Israeli and they launched into the thread with reckless abandon which caused many derailment feuds and warnings from the MODs. It is a miracle that your thread wasn't closed all together if it had not been for the restraint used by us regulars on ATS even through all of the baiting and derogatory posts.

SOMETHING IS INDEED UP WITH THE ZIONISTS COMING HERE!

It is the responsibility of the Owners of this site to get up off their asses with this issue as it is a serious threat to their site's ability to remain objective.

Thanks again for this heads up D.E.M.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
There is plenty of propaganda from both sides, and there has been for more years than any of us have been alive.

The problem is for one 'side' it's simply their personal opinion, and not associated with any group, and for the other 'side' it's about pushing the agenda of a group, and trying to shout down those personal opinions.

People can have a problem with the actions of Israel and not be on a 'side'. The mentality of people like yourself is quite frankly delusional, and you need to stop oversimplifying things. People who comment negatively on the floatilla incident or other things aren't neccesarily members of some vast anti-Israel conspiracy, or just "haters".

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Risen]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
The point is that we have, right here, a national government creating and distributing software with the sole purpose of pushing it's propaganda across multiple sources, and using software exploits to manipulate those sources into showing only their viewpoint.

This is Orwellian to an unheard of extreme. It is one thing to use shills, I'm sure every government does. It is an entirely different ballgame to create a way to automate such shilling, and thus drown out the opposition by sheer volume.

I totally agree with the above sentiment.
Israel is like a lil kid on the playground
that goes and steals the ball everyone is
playing with just because they weren't picked
first to a team. I would suggest Israel
grows up, but I know that will never happen.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the US
Administration had one of these type things also.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

very well spotted. I was a little doubtful at first about this sort of thing, but after seeing what this Yitro wrote, there can be no doubting this

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
this tool is there because israel needs it to speak their lies and brainwash some people to beleive them
but my IQ is high enough not to trust those lie
everybody else who beleive israel was right killing those 10 activist have a very very very very poor IQ sorry for them and shame on them to

each time i read from pro-israel supporter claiming they are the victim
i feel my puke coming out
cant support these liar saying the same excuse all the time
they can say sorry or at least it was an accicent and our troop have overreacted we will have some update to do on using force
ex: shoot them in the legs not blowing their head out or shoot to kill on civilians
Israel need to be puts in its place like Germany and hitler
an internationnal coalition need to go do a regime change in Israel
and deliver the palestine people and the jews (the good jew)
from evil, corrupt, maniac, crazy, stupid, low IQ, inhuman, selfish, violent, arrogant, liar, troubling.... etc etc... minds

this summer will unfold many disastrous event that will maybe wakeup the world that we are spoiled brat and humanity need a hand right now everywhere.. no more weapons will means ...invention of free energy
very cheap way to have good water everywhere other inventions to make long lasting good food for everyone

i wish to be obama sometime and make earth even more apealing then heaven

look like im having a to big dream in these dark time

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
In my opinion this is an incredibly important and incredibly disturbing discovery. If ATS management decides to take action on this, great care must be taken with respect to how this is dealt with, I feel, for several reasons.

1) It may be tempting to now perceive virtually anyone with a given pro-Israel opinion as a propaganda shill. For example:

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
User 'Yitro' is one of these bots.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All of their posts are identical with minor adjustments made to the later copypasta.

It's possible of course, but we don't know that. The last thing we need on ATS is a witch hunt or drumhead in my opinion.

2) Given that this is ostensibly a non-profit organization, the people participating in it are, on an individual basis at least, just individual people with strong pro-Israel opinions. It is this program, and its specific goal of "countering" negative popular opinion of Israel, and its facilitation of the expression of those opinions en mass, and potentially overwhelmingly and disproportionately to differing opinions, which is the threat in my view - not the opinions themselves (even though I do not personally agree with the pro-Israel position.)

And 3) There is already deep division and heated conflict between pro-Israel and Israel-critical assertions, opinions, and statements here. If the response to this is not calibrated carefully, we run the risk of increasing that unproductive strife, replacing meaningful and productive discussion with further division and uncivil discourse.

With all of that having been said, in my opinion at least, it is clear that if this program has targeted or is now targeting ATS, then steps must be taken to counter it completely and immediately. We must at least attempt to do so without denying the individuals holding the pro-Israel opinions the right to post here of course, whether I agree with them personally or not, while countering the disproportionate influence of this program. If it's here, it should not be allowed to persist in my view.

[edit on 6/1/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

All of their posts are identical with minor adjustments made to the later copypasta.

NICE CATCH BRO ^^

2nd Line : Lets find these @ssho1es

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

NICE CATCH BRO ^^

2nd Line : Lets find these @ssho1es

He also joined today. Refer to my thread where I pretty much spotted this abnormality

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think people should be a little more careful when calling out members that registered today and automatically, because they participated in an Israel thread, suddenly a pro-Israel Megaphone plant. This has the potential to taint some new members unfairly. I'm not saying that the possibility that they are doesn't exist, I'm just saying it may not be warranted in all cases and it's a pretty wide brush to be painting with....

It is, believe it or not, possible to be pro-Israel and not be a government sponsored plant.

If memory serves, any time there is something huge, we see an onslaught of new members eager to weigh in on the latest controversy.

That being said, there have been plenty of trolls on this site and many that were banned simply to resurface and continue trolling.

I don't see why we would suddenly draw the line because it has to do with Israel and people are getting upset at any and all pro-Israel comments.

Like most trolls, once the topic dies down they will disappear.

As for a suggestion, perhaps the Mods should monitor Israel threads just as was necessary with 9/11 threads. Perhaps more scrutiny will cut down on the BS and a harsh position on staying on topic will prevent unnecessary spamming.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not supporting their efforts, but I think that there are more drawbacks to isolating new members and especially trying to label any and all members that happen to be pro-Israel as trolls spewing propaganda.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I can do without Israel lol.

I can do without a lot of people...

I think it's normal for people to support their country, even if it's to suppress others.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Lots of organizations use groups to promote their causes on blogs. You can bet during the elections both the right and left have groups monitoring and posting in blogs. I have even heard of some bloggers making money to promote products in their personal blogs.

I don't have a problem with groups notifying their members when relevant topics are posted. In fact, sometimes it's good to hear from people who are very interested in certain topics - they sometimes have good information.

I do have a problem with using software to automate responses. I also have a problem with one person using multiple id's. I have a HUGE problem with people who are paid to post - either directly or as part of their paid job. For example I read a series of post during the health care debate complaining high insurance costs drive up health care. I would bet my last dollar these posts were written by an insurance lobbyist.

There should be a rule against this but I know it would be almost impossible to prove.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Attempting to pretend that the problem is not here now when there is evidence to the contrary is tantamount to sticking your head into the sand.

Sorry, I'm not an Ostrich.

I'm going to go back to that post and count every new account that weighed in on 'Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla" and note which side of the line they upheld.

Does anyone want to take bets on what side the overwhelming majority is going to turn out to be?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by warequalsmurder
reply to post by lpowell0627

Attempting to pretend that the problem is not here now when there is evidence to the contrary is tantamount to sticking your head into the sand.

Sorry, I'm not an Ostrich.

I'm going to go back to that post and count every new account that weighed in on 'Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla" and note which side of the line they upheld.

Does anyone want to take bets on what side the overwhelming majority is going to turn out to be?

And if the opposite is prooven will you post that info here as well , and what will your payment be if te opposite is prooven?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

And if the opposite is prooven will you post that info here as well , and what will your payment be if te opposite is prooven?

I'm on page 11 right now.

I will give the count with no names supplied in the interests of keeping things civil.

If I'm wrong gambon I'll plant a big juicy kiss on your lips.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

So are you proposing being a sort of ATS vigilantee by tagging and "outing" anyone who you feel is not worthy of their right to free speech??? There was someone posting over the weekend I found offensive and I hit the alert button under the post. I typed my
reason for the alert and a moderator checked it out and flagged him.
Who are we to play judge and jury on a public forum? Thats more offensive to me!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by warequalsmurder

Originally posted by gambon

I'm on page 11 right now.

I will give the count with no names supplied in the interests of keeping things civil.

If I'm wrong gambon I'll plant a big juicy kiss on your lips.

right where do you live , i want a big smacker hahaha ...it is to easy to label people disinformationists , who simply see presumption bei9ng taken for fact

[edit on 1-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If you notice someone behaving in an improper manner you can alert on the post or thread and our staff will deal with it.

Most of what you're concerned about is already covered in our T&Cs. For example, if you spot someone posting the same content repeatedly in different threads, as was mentioned in this thread earlier, simply report it and the member will be dealt with. Spamming is a violation of our T&Cs and the problem will be corrected.

We certainly understand the concerns and will continue to use our very clear and fair Terms and Conditions as our guideline.

If something has attracted your attention and is concerning you, report it. Your report will immediately be visible by our moderating team.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join