It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megaphone: Undeniable Proof of Israeli Propaganda on Forums like ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

The "message of 4chan" was not received by me but by someone on that website who uses that tool. As per the "anonymous" several instructions were being floated around for different websites to post pro-Israeli stuff.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
reply to post by janon

Would any anti-israel organisation be so smart to use their tool to counterattack their posts?

Just use their RSS feed

ws.giyus.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There is plenty of propaganda from both sides, and there has been for more years than any of us have been alive.

We will continue to maintain the single eligibility requirement that we always have: If you follow our Terms and Conditions you are welcome to be a member here.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i think i just found their dictionary.. hehe (the misinformating isreali supporting dictionary that is)

www.zionism-israel.com...

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I would have thought that utilizing a third party tool to specifically spread propaganda on the forum would violate the terms and conditions?

The people using this tool aren't interested in being "members", they are interested in posting canned responses to spread their message and then moving on to another board to do the same.

Unfortunately, this results in threads like "Report: Israel Attacks Aid Flotilla" being deluged with these propaganda messages by accounts that have no interested in discussion of the topic.

In short this tool is being used to hamstring the entire purpose of the site and deliberately spread ignorance by drowning out the other members.

There will be no action to counteract the use of this tool?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
User 'Yitro' is one of these bots.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All of their posts are identical with minor adjustments made to the later copypasta.

Very nice catch. Now, on to weeding out the other weasels

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

you just opened my mind to something man, im trawling the memberlist now..

heres another... ! (ill add more as i find them)

contemplate777
Doodie
patonj (7 posts, one GO ISREAL type the rest trolling and arguing)

im working on the theory, registered today, not posted anythign esle except something which looks like propeganda in a gaza post.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by boaby_phet]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
dude... the same thing happens in the US...

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
dbl post.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
So who is going to be the first one to test this theory by posting an anti-Israeli thread? I'm interested in seeing if this is true or not. An ATS sting operation anyone? Maybe Springer or Overlord could get in on this one.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Well now that you've exposed the operation, we can't do it anymore!

And we wonder why there is secrecy in the government. Shucks.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thx OP for pointing this scam out. Doesn't come as any real surprise of course.

The number of new accounts registered the past day or so by pro israel members is suspicious as well. Perhaps they are drawn here by this software.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i looked at the profiles of everyone who regged already today ... 3 in total that are potentialy using this ... but that doesnt count all those who might have registered yesterday, or who have been here for ages (and their are plently of them!)

on and so the pro isreali crew cant call me bias, we have potential pro turkish propeganda from Jacobcraft !

also, theirs alot of people registering to post in the obama gun threads!

(note - what i reaserched may not accurate and may not be true... but might be!)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
the universe has a funny way of balancing itself out.
at least these popel can make up for some fo teh astonishing amount of unwaranted jew bashing taht takes place on ATS.
sometimes i wonder if im on ATS or some new nazi/kkk website.
so much hate here.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Blocking anything = censorship.

Exposing it is the only way to go.

However, I have a feeling that any and every 'Israel" article from here forward is going to be debated by the use of: "This is merely Megaphone propaganda....move on." Or something to that effect. Not saying it might not be true, but it does curtail a discussion rather abruptly.

Besides, the White House does the same thing and is even trying to pass a law encouraging it. I don't remember the specifics, but it was something about enforcing pro-government pop-ups on any article that is anti-government.

Isn't this really the same thing?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

D.E.M. said: "Unfortunately, this results in threads like "Report: Israel Attacks Aid Flotilla" being deluged with these propaganda messages by accounts that have no interested in discussion of the topic.

In short this tool is being used to hamstring the entire purpose of the site and deliberately spread ignorance by drowning out the other members."

Yeah, true, but most ATS people already have their views of the world situation in mind and will be looking for BS statements.

What these folks will be looking to influence are any "Comments" sections on news sites and blogs that has a fairly neutral supply of input and there their work will not be much suspected.

ATS will considered by them to be a never-never land, a mine/d-field where only the expert propangandist would tread because of zero chances of success.

So be on your guard when out and away from ATS. Be prepared to do verbal battle there too!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Actually it's pretty easy to do that a simple script can scan and identify which users are using that software but it would be like hacking and invasion of privacy.

Using a programme to identify who are running Adblock Plus software etc or any attempt to scan your browser is also considered a form of hacking/ invasion.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
reply to post by Djarums

I would have thought that utilizing a third party tool to specifically spread propaganda on the forum would violate the terms and conditions?

The people using this tool aren't interested in being "members", they are interested in posting canned responses to spread their message and then moving on to another board to do the same.

Unfortunately, this results in threads like "Report: Israel Attacks Aid Flotilla" being deluged with these propaganda messages by accounts that have no interested in discussion of the topic.

In short this tool is being used to hamstring the entire purpose of the site and deliberately spread ignorance by drowning out the other members.

There will be no action to counteract the use of this tool?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by D.E.M.]

I must admit, I find the ATS management 'sitting on the fence' position to be highly frustrating sometimes. I understand WHY they do it, as an agent of Internet neutrality, ATS must maintain this standard at all times. But I don't agree with it - EVERYONE, and EVERYTHING, MUST choose a side at some point. That is how the world works, and it would be naeve of anyone to think otherwise.

This is information economics.

If ATS is a 'signaller' of the supply / demand & price / quantity supplied equilibrium of information, with a priority of maintaining a TRUE picture of the information market, then this helps us to understand exactly what this 'MEGAPHONE' system is all about.

This Megaphone system is an 'Information Market Distortion'. It skews the correct information, and changes the applied 'information market' into something false. Therefore, the information markets cannot function properly, and we will see at some point a market failure due to this issue.

As an agent of Internet Information Neutrality and Accuracy - ATS MUST ACT ON THIS ISSUE, AND OTHERS OF ITS' ILK. How can we tolerate flagrant disinformation, that doesn't even TRY to hide its' intent?

And please ATS management, don't try to use the Politically Correct card on this one - we know you have morals, don't abandon them on this issue.

Parallex.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
Who wants to be the "guinea pig" and install the software? I'm calling NOT IT.

haha i did that sort of experiment on here( not with software) , but the other way around.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Maybe we need to clone this tool and use it for opposite reasons! Use their own weapons against them!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Both sides use the Internet for propaganda.
And anyone that believes one sides propaganda is already pro that side.

Both sides also set up to get attacked just so they can make the other side look bad.

Its just that Israel is a lot better at having surveillance to prove there side.

In this attack on the ships the Israeli surveillance films clearly show there troops being attacked by the ""peaceful"" people on the ships.

This was clearly a trap to make Israel look bad.
but it will backfire.
Israel has to much film of the attack on there troops.

I think the rest of the world should just stand back and let the middle east countries go to it and after the nuke glass cools off we can have peace.

This would save the rest of the world a lot of problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join