It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$19.99 whats a rip off and what really works?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hey ATS, have you ever seen one of those commercials where they try to sell something for $19.99? like a toothpaste dispenser, they make it look so hard to get toothpaste out of a tube by yourself its ridiculous.
Or maybe you've seen blendy pens or whatever? How long does it take for those to dry up?
Or what about the appliance slider thing? Its like a mat you put your coffee maker or blender or whatever on and it slides forward to you? Ill bet that thing breaks super easy.

So please share your suspicions of certain products or your experiences with them
I want to make a list of whats a rip off and whats a true bargain.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
ShamWow leaves streaks when cleaning mirrors with "streakless" cleaner.

I will say that Shamwow does a great job at cleaning other things like showers, sinks, tubs, counter tops, and door frames. The dirt and filth rinses out of it really easy under an ordinary garden hose.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
SlapChop and Shamwow's are good stuff.

Can be found cheaper usually at Walmart though.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
19.99 a year... a TRUE bargain

Magic Jack

I have had it going on 3 years now and I love it.. the best 19.99 ever.

I can call anyone, anytime and talk forever... for 19.99 a year.. no joke.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

really??? theres no catch what so ever?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MKULTRA

i didnt even think about shamwow

garden hose eh? i guess people would be reluctant to use a shamwow in the winter time though eh?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

ive never heard of slapchop but you used it in the same sentence as shamwow so im guessing its like a shamwow

could you describe what it is?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

seriously, no catch! Now you will pay a little more if you make over seas calls.. which I do not..
check it out at www.magicjack.com

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

you know what i think i might look into that tonight thanks for the heads up

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

ive never heard of slapchop but you used it in the same sentence as shamwow so im guessing its like a shamwow

could you describe what it is?

Here is the short commercial for SlapChop.

Just ignore the part where he tells you that youre going to love his nuts

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I bought the shamwows, and I say they are a total sham. They don't do anything a regular towel wouldn't do better. They are advertised as being super absorbent, that's a complete and utter joke. The slap chop is good, hard to clean though.

The Hercules hooks are great, but cheaper I think.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

i got to admit i was tempted to buy one it looks fun
the nuts lololol
thanks for the video

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

lol sham

i think ive heard of hercules hooks is that the hook with five little hooks put more hooks on to save closet space? i thought those were a good idea

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
does anyone know if mighty putty or dino wrap works?
and there was another thing billy mays was selling to clean rust, i forget what it was called does anyone remember, and does it work?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

thanks for the links ill check those out

link   
For $19.99, I gotta say the Slap Chop can kiss the fattest part of my @$$. It actually breaks when you slap it. If I can't take my frustrations out on poor, defenseless vegetables, what can I take it out on?

- in retrospect, I may have slapped it a little too hard... I think it owed me money

As far as what's $19.99 that does work, so far the hanging upside-down thingy that grows tomatoes seems to work just fine... my girlfriend got one and now we've got 'Maters growing on the porch...

link   
SAVE-A-BLADE razor cartridge sharpener. This is the greatest invention of all time. It has saved me hundreds of dollars on replacement cartridges and works great. They are a bit harder to find now but I get them on eBay and give them as gifts.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You can laugh all you want but my wife and I fight over her Snuggie. (Blanket with sleeves.) Thats is OK by me. I gave it to her for Christmas and it is Leopard pattern. It is sooooo comfy.

My self esteem went out the window when I started wearing my Crocs out of the house and beyond yard work. Started innocently enough with a trip to Home Depot and one of my buddies spotted me. Then I figured what the heck, cover blown, nothing to lose.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I just had to...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join