It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon fires on Israeli warplanes: security official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
AFP Report

(AFP) – 43 minutes ago JERUSALEM — Lebanon's military fired anti-aircraft artillery at Israeli warplanes that were flying over Lebanon, a senior Israeli security official said on Tuesday. "Our aircraft have been targeted by the Lebanese anti-aircraft guns while flying over southern Lebanon, and there was no damage," the official who requested the anonymity told AFP. A military spokesperson neither confirmed nor denied the report. Lebanon issues almost daily reports of Israeli violations of its air space, but its military rarely opens fire unless the planes fly within range of its guns. The overflights violate UN Security Council Resolution 1701, which ended a devastating 2006 war between Israel and Lebanon's Shiite Hezbollah militia, but Israel argues they are needed to monitor arms smuggling.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

what is that, twice in one week?

Things are really hotting up in the region..
Tho I hope cooler heads prevail..

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
U.S Stocks Drop on Report Lebanon Fired on Israeli Warplanes

So this is for real? Things are beginning to heat up....

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wow I didn't even notice that. Why would the American markets get effected by the attack on the planes tho? Did Obama say he supported Israels Flotilla attack? That would mean if Israel goes to war,we are right beside them!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If there is a UN Security Resolution that prohibits Israel from flying over, isn't Israel pretty much admitting that they are ignoring it? Pretty ballsy to complain that you broke the law and someone called you on it for once.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Please consider this thread closed and refer to the main thread. Here!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

The overflights violate UN Security Council Resolution 1701, which ended a devastating 2006 war between Israel and Lebanon's Shiite Hezbollah militia, but Israel argues they are needed to monitor arms smuggling.

"arms smuggling"

I think that excuse is waring a bit thin now and as always they UN does nothing and i want my taxes back that has been paid to them.

Lebanon has every right to defend it's air space from spying, with or without permission from the UN and Turkey has every right to defend it's shipping regardless again of what the UN says.

Zionist banksters must think they can bribe everyone or hold them to ransom but the people of the world might not agree on many things but they all know we are being contolled by secret hands behind the scenes.

new topics

top topics

join