It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Jewish press say about flotilla

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What I really wanted to show you all was what I just saw on BBC news. I can't find a link for it yet, I will post it when I find it.
If anyone in the UK has seen the interview with "Gil Hoffman" of the Jerusalem Post just shown 20 mins ago can you please verify the comments I have listed...

"The rest of the world is misjudging Israel, this is because we stalled in getting the truth about what happened and the savage attack on our soldiers"

When asked what do the people of Israel think of the raid?

"People are saying that the army should have used MORE force"
"The people cannot understand the worlds reaction to Israel"
"The people of Israel know, the soldiers are the REAL victims in all this"
"The people know that there is NO humanitarian crisis is Gaza"
"AL QUEDA were on the ship attacking the soldiers"

At this point I know this looks like a rant against Israel because I haven't provided a link BUT I assure you all this just happened on BBC news, if anyone can find a link or happened to be watching it please verify that it is not propaganda by me....

Israel seems more worried about winning the media spin war than showing any remorse for their actions.....

Any comments?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

I am gratefull for this different perspective, I wish in some sense the world was as black and white as so many posters believe it to be, however, it is not.

We do not know that much of what occured on that ship and I am very interested to see these claims and I will wait for evidence for or against before I rule them out.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A link showing the guy who made the comments above.

support.jnf.org...

I'm still searching for the interview, its worth a watch as its quite unbelievable how blatent his disregard is for what happened.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Regardless of what happened on the boat, why should the Israeli military think that they have the right to have stormed the ship/s in the first place?
What did they think would happen when they stormed the ships fully armed? Why use deadly force, do they not have any civil disorder equipment like tear gas and blast grenades, rubber bullets etc etc.....

They were certainly getting a duffing, so they just opened up with their guns, that is probably the long and short of it, everything else is peripheral.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here's an excerpt of Gil Hoffmans latest piece on the flottila incident. It kinda backs up how I've portrayed him, I'm still looking for the interview link though.

www.jpost.com...

excerpt;
The stolen mathematics matriculation exam could have asked the following question: If a group of ships carrying anti-Israel activists and wanted Hamas terrorists are on their way to Gaza from Turkey, how long does it take for Israel to get attacked in the foreign press?

The answer would obviously be no time at all.

As happened when civilians were killed by an Israeli air strike on the village of Kafr Kana in the Second Lebanon War and when a UN compound in Gaza was hit during Operation Cast Lead, the IDF waited too long to tell Israel’s side of the story.

Only after hours of images that made Israel look like the clear aggressor did the IDF release video clips proving that it was IDF soldiers who were attacked indiscriminately on the Mavi Marmara ship, and not peace activists. As in those earlier incidents, the videos were released too late to make any difference.

The clips came out just in time for the 8 p.m. news, which likely helped reassure Israelis that we were in the right. But preaching to the converted does not help in a conflict that is being fought on the battleground of international public opinion.

Even if the IDF was absolutely right to board the ship where it did and to open fire when it did, and Israel was 100 percent blameless, it does not matter, because perceptions are more important than reality.

And the reality now is that Israel is in for a tough time.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Gil Hoffman is obviously an arrogant man. He is bemoaning the fact that the pictures showing civilians attacking troops were not shown quickly enough, as if that makes the shootings okay... the troops should not have been there in the first place, they were the initial agressors. In any case Israeli military are in and out of Gaza itself like a fiddler's elbow, all the time, so why the stupid helicopter drop. There will be Israeli people appalled at the military actions, this guy is just trying to get his establisment answers in first.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There is no defense for Israel's actions. This is obviously just another blatant propaganda piece. How can anybody on ATS fall for such tactics?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would be shocked if they Next blamed Iran and called anyone that disagreed an anti Semite that would shock me to my very core ps Israel deserves all that is coming to it they are determined to drag us into ww3 makes me sick

[edit on 1/6/10 by On the level]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

He is not the only one my friend. For Israel it seems to be about winning the perception of what occurred rather than dealing with how brutal and power hungry they have become as a nation.
There are 30 countries represented on the ships and yet Israel is still trying to portray them all as anti-Israel terrorists.
I just can't believe how gullible they think the rest of the world is, the UN will do what it always does and just make a report and nothing will come from the outrage displayed by the rest of the world.

I just don't understand how they think they can still play the victim card anymore...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
There is no defense for Israel's actions. This is obviously just another blatant propaganda piece. How can anybody on ATS fall for such tactics?

What are you talking about falling for such tactics? The point of the thread is to show that Israel's media is more concerned with winning the media war rather than trying to appease the rest of the world....

Sod it! I can't find the link, thanks for the replies.....

top topics

join