It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Regime Blocks Condemnation of Israeli Crimes at UNSC Meeting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sakokrap

Close up shop on Rockefeller's pet, the UN already...

Sure, lets burn all UN Laws and just start an arms race between the wealthiest nation for world dominance, with the winner getting the pot
The world needs definitely more and more powerful weapons in case suddenly the rapture starts, we are invaded by bug-eyed Ythians or my family loses one dime.

Sounds like a great idea, that hasnt ever been tried before, and absolutely cant go wrong out of logical reasons!
Lets give it a fancy name like "Libertarian View" and find some guy from Vienna to lend it some creds.. Or Rand Paul. He is almost as cute as his senile father, when he spills his nonsense.. Not like this cranky old Cheney, same ideas about the UN, but a much nicer guy... Both of them off course.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

So if God commanded you to kill your son, would you do so? Would you view the act of killing your son as a loving tribute to God? Would you wipe out an entire tribe of people, bash their children's skulls against rocks, then rape the surviving women to ensure your lineage just to appease God, or would you view such an act as terrorism?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Torgo]

Is there a relevant question in there that I did not answer in the post you hit "Reply To" on?

The God I believe in does not have a name. He is whatever you wish to call him. If you were to call Him by your name, you would be partially correct. My God/Creator would never ask me to harm anything. He would not ask me to do anything. I would venture a guess that, at best, I am merely an abstract notion to Him.

I view such acts as "man being man". We are an ugly species, or are capable of being ugly. But one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

Read up on Smedley Butler. It may help you to understand that this dichotomy of conflict that you are under the illusion of is just that: an illusion.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Not surprised, but disappointed in Obama.

I have this strange feeling though, the U.S. stock market might just rally when it opens stopping it's loosing run. A little thank you from Israel to Obama.

Of course , I could be wrong

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I think it's prudent for Obama to investigate before making any statements. I thought that's what a decent ATS'er did. It is much easier to blow hot air though.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

Hardly surprising at all isn't it? The US will always stand by Israel no matter what it does. Anybody doubting who are the real masters in the government?
This is the kind of news that won't be aired on national channels obviously, I have not found another source so I hope someone can corroborate this source.

alethonews.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The US is standing by an ally and wants to get more info about the situation before acting. So what?

I'm also wondering what the big deal is here?
Isreal is blockading what they consider to be terrorists.
The flotilla tried running the blockade and were stopped.
The flotilla knew this might happen weeks ago but did not stop.

So I'm wondering why anyone is surprised this would happen?????

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The US is standing by an ally and wants to get more info about the situation before acting. So what?

Turkey is a key part of Nato. So a decision being made before the facts are out sways the facts IMO

I'm also wondering what the big deal is here? Starvation, the right to basic human rights, a home .....All the things you enjoy daily.

Isreal is blockading what they consider to be terrorists. Terrorists? Seems to me there was plenty of notice to Israel that this was a humanitarian mission. They also we're aware of who else was on these ships.

The flotilla tried running the blockade and were stopped. So Israel can blockade anywhere they want include International waters???

The flotilla knew this might happen weeks ago but did not stop. And Israel made a decison long before then that will effect them for probably ever.

So I'm wondering why anyone is surprised this would happen?????
No surprise here. Business as usual they hoped .....Not this time I think.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yitro
reply to post by TheOracle

Israel was within it's rights per international law.

According to the San Remo Manual that governs international humanitarian law, it is permissible under rule 67(a) to attack neutral vessels on the high seas when the vessels “are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they ... intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or ...intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture.”

San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea 1994

Prepared by International Lawyers and Naval Experts. Convened by the International Institute of Humanitarian Law. Adopted in June 1994.

www.icrc.org...

And even according to Oslo.

Gaza-Jerico of 1994, Agreement annex 1, Sec 1.b paragraph 4

As part of Israel's responsibilities for safety and security within the three Maritime Activity Zones, Israel Navy vessels may sail throughout these zones, as necessary and without limitations, and may take any measures necessary against vessels ...suspected of being used for terrorist activities or for smuggling arms, ammunition, drugs, goods, or for any other illegal activity. The Palestinian Police will be notified of such actions, and the ensuing procedures will be coordinated through the Maritime Coordination and Cooperation Center.

www.mfa.gov.il...

So, there you have it. One by international law, the other per Israel and PA agreement. Israel was and is within it's right.

You again?Stop copy pasting the same BS over and over again,you scammer.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
So what, if its an Iranian blog?
I trust that more than i trust our MSM, even our alternative news sources in the West are infiltrated by disinformants.

So an Iranian source could almost be more trustworthy, imo.

Are you only going to believe this if its on CNN or FOX? Well then...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I honestly can't believe how much the western media and Israel have spun this story already, with many people believing it as evident in this thread and other forums. It's scary to watch how easily they do it.... No wonder the world is going to hell in a hand basket with a populace that can be duped so easily by blatant lies.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Yitro

yep, I can see how these ships were a huge threat to Israel. ships packed with humanitarian aid PLUS caring people that are sick of seeing the open air concentration camp ignored by their governments. Thats one hell of a threat. the phoney film they spliced together is a joke too.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

its like petting the sheep while feeding the wolves.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Has anyone heard from David Cameron on this issue or did I go to sleep an miss it, l know Nick Clegg has spoken but not heard a peep from the UK Prime minister.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

I`m with you, cant think of anywhere better. support the country with high moral principles on this issue, good weather too.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xSeraphim

How many times????

1) The land blockade was ILLEGAL as defined by UN

2) The naval blockade was ILLEGAL

3) Flotilla was in INTERNATIONAL WATERS

......and for those saying Obama/US Administration is right to hold back comment until an investigation has taken place.... Obama did not hold back at the UN in a) refusing to condemn the Israeli attack in International waters and b) calling for an Israeli investigation as opposed to a UN investigation.

The US Administration/Obama have finally turned a corner in my eyes and one that I on moral grounds cannot support.

And CNN coverage of this last night on the East Coast was so one-sided in favor of Israel that I am appalled.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is nothing new. The United States has been blocking SC resolutions critical of Israel since the early 1980s...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Always quick to condem Israel take a break try condeming some real terrorists like Hamas for a change!!! Israel does what it needs to do so would we in the same situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Always quick to condem Israel take a break try condeming some real terrorists like Hamas for a change!!! Israel does what it needs to do so would we in the same situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

You was not there therefore you cannot judge ,always there is two sides to a story .Dont chose the parts you like then color in the rest wait till you have all the facts!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

A great man once said '' The truth is out there'' wait till you have heard all the storys and All the facts there decide on what is truthful till then say less and listen more!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Yeah, and the insinuated Israeli 'agents' are not just rife within the US government either.

Could do with purging the loonies from our government too.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join