It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US seeks foreign help for oil spill equipment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

US seeks foreign help for oil spill equipment

rawstory.com

The US government lacks key equipment it needs to battle the growing oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and is seeking international help, the US Coast Guard said on Tuesday.

Coast Guard official Thad Allen, who is in charge of the government's efforts, told reporters that skimmers to help siphon the oil off the surface of the water are most needed now.

"We are looking at offers of foreign assistance, we are actually reaching out to foreign governments," Allen said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think this is relevant because it is the first time to time knowledge that the U.S. government has asked for help from foreign nations to help battle a disaster. At this point in time they are asking for oil skimmers. I would suspect that should any help arrive it may come with a boat and a crew, but will wait and see on that one. To where ever the help comes from, thank you.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Somehow i feel this so called "necessity" will not help.

Where is the 100% Organic oil dispersant/absorber?

Just more corporate bull $hit.

Gah.....go out and buy a gas mask...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There' snothing wrong with asking for help.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

If BP had been transparent about the scale of the problem then the US would have been able to seek this equipment weeks ago.

A lot of people have blamed Obama but he had no reason to become involved as BP were better equipped with better expertise to deal with the problem than anybody he could have put forward for the job.

They had their chance and blew it...but they are still needed to lend their expertise.

Save the castigation until the problem is solved. Then go to town on them.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas

I do agree.
The more people who can get together to solve a problem the better although be it this problem is still not solved and looks like it may not be for some time.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
How about Iran who offered their help a couple of weeks ago? Is Iran not good enough to help us? We are looking for foreign help, yet we are picky about which foreign country.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

Perhaps they are perhaps they are not. However do you really think the government officials of either country seriously expected that offer to be taken seriously?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas

Isn't it amazing how quickly people forget that.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

If we are asking everyday citizens to volunteer, then a country with an expertise in oil could deffinately make a difference. However like you said, Iran most likely new their offer would be declined, and there's no way U.S. is gonna let Iran get some credit for cleaning the spill.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Interesting theory I heard was that maybe this spill happened so that the government could use this disaster as an excuse to step in and take over the entire oil industry. Look at the banking industry, auto, health care, student loans, etc. Is big oil next in line for a government takeover?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow. The US actually asking for help. Well, we give a lot of aid through-out the world and hardly ever ask for anything... Pay up! We are calling in the debts you owe us!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well, I'm glad they are seeking foreign help because BP's equipment isn't cutting it. (literally, lol)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by coastalite
Interesting theory I heard was that maybe this spill happened so that the government could use this disaster as an excuse to step in and take over the entire oil industry. Look at the banking industry, auto, health care, student loans, etc. Is big oil next in line for a government takeover?

The banks that got the bail out was not really a take over. The Feds did acquire an intrist in them. That was also done because there were going broke. That is about the farthest thing from happening with the oil industry. So I really don't see that happening.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Now to post my remarks into the correct thread this time .

IMO the fact that such a request took so long to be made shows just how badly Obama has gone missing as a leader during this man made disaster . One of the lessons from Katrina was the harm bureaucrats can do during relief efforts something that has gone terrible unheeded in this case .

Cheers xpert11.

new topics

top topics

join