Yes, I am going to post all 77 here. I hope you guys enjoy reading quotes as much as I do.
If at least one of these quotes strikes a cord with someone then it was all worth it.
That one quote for me was "Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Ghandi
Comments below are not my own.
1. “Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.” – Tom Krause
There are no guarantees in life. Even the false security of having a house, a family and money in the bank will pass. The only constant in life is
change. The sooner we can accept that, the smoother life will be.
2. “The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.” – Sven Goran Eriksson
We all fear failure. It’s a learned habit. It is said that the only fears we are born with are the fear of falling and the fear of loud noises, the
rest is learned. There’s nothing wrong with failure. In fact, if you never fail, you will never grow.
3. “If we're growing, we're always going to be out of our comfort zone.” – John Maxwell
I couldn’t agree more with this quote. The more comfortable I get with being uncomfortable, the faster I grow. When you’re moving forward and
making progress, you will feel uncomfortable, and that’s okay.
4. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” - John C. Maxwell
We grow up with the idea that we have to look for others for answers. Instead of seeking approval, look inside of yourself and feel what is right. We
are all unique, therefore we are all on our own path. No one can tell you exactly what to do, because their destination is different from yours.
5. “They can't hurt you unless you let them.” – Unknown
When I read this quote, I think about our imagination and our fears. Almost all of us are suffering without a cause. The fear of fear is worse than
fear itself. You’ve probably heard it many times, but that’s because it’s true.
6. “The key to change is to let go of fear.” - Rosanne Cash
The more you can let go of fear, the faster you will grow. I’m not talking about eliminating fear or being fearless. When I think about letting go
of fear, I think about acknowledging it and letting it be there. There’s nothing wrong with being afraid.
7. “If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything.” - Win Borden
I’ve gotten many e-mails from people asking me for advice. The common thread that runs through them all is that they want to make sure they’re
doing it right. My answer is always the same: you have to try, fail and try again. There are no guarantees. There is only the path.
8. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” - Raymond Lindquist
What is familiar is comfortable. Even though the familiar might be worse than the unfamiliar, we still tend to hold on to it, because going into the
unknown is uncomfortable. Having the courage to go into the unfamiliar can be tough, but not impossible. It requires a shift in perspective. Become
curious. Become an explorer of life. This is an adventure.
9. “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
This is another good take on courage. What we have to remember is that definitions and perspectives are constantly in flux. There are no absolutes.
Courage for me isn’t the same as courage for you, which is why, in the end, you have to trust yourself.
10. “There is far more opportunity than there is ability. “ – Thomas A. Edison
Most people are afraid to take action. Sure, they have ideas, but they don’t do anything about it. It’s scary to go down that path, which is why
so few do. In the end, you have to determine what kind of life you want to live: one of mediocrity, or one of greatness?