It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC asked to monitor "hate speech," "misinformation" online

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by enir nabu

Hear is a link to the commissioners of the FCC. I did not see Powel listed so he must have moved on to more evil things.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Who are these 30+ "organizations"?.. the "National Hispanic Media Coalition (“NHMC”)".. oh boy, some biased flock of who cares..

They quote as a credible source illustrating the need for such a probe: Southern Poverty Law Center.. lmao!!, the SPLC is FOS up to their ears.. they are ministry of misinformation lackeys who, for some reason, are considered credible people of virtue... afforded an inordinate amount of MSM bobble-head time to vomit propaganda.

The National Hispanic Media Coalition ( www.nhmc.org... ) includes:

The "Benton foundation", founded by Charles Benton.. aka, possibly, "Charles B." a coffin cuddling skull boner from Yale 1962.. that's a sign right there, whatever they're up to is some sketchy elitist crapola.

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Do not fear. They have your best interest in mind. They care about you. They want to see your mind blossom without anything that can harm it. Only they know what is best for each of us, we should probably worship them with their grandeur. All forms of Government are superior to us common people. In fact, we need more government in our lives. They should tell us when to eat and poo it can be confusing being a person with a mind and a will.

Remember to hug their necks nice and tight.

They are working overtime on gaining some form of control on the internet. The internet is the only thing that I believe keeps us from having total controlled communications. Once they gain a foothold on the internet we are all screwed.

Raist

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Are they going to monitor Fox, CNN etc? This is what this country is founded on The Constatution, Our founding fathers are rolling over in there graves!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

They are working overtime on gaining some form of control on the internet. The internet is the only thing that I believe keeps us from having total controlled communications. Once they gain a foothold on the internet we are all screwed.

Well put Raist.
I do hope others will relies the same thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why does it seem that there are people who refuse to see that once the F.C.C. has this power of control,the noose will just become tighter. We are watching one of the last bastions of free speech come under attack,if they succeed there will be no going back. You can't put the genie back in the bottle!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Daddyroo
Again a very true statement. I have seen it happen before, and I see no reason why it will not continue to happen in the future. That is why I hope this does not happen.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I've been wading through the Israel and oil spill "news" for a while to try and figure out what "they" are up to while they've got everyone distracted. I think this could be it.

The FCC should be kept a safe distance from (most things, really, but especially) the internet.

The slippery slope argument is often fallacious, but I think it's rather apt in this case: history has show that when the FCC and similar agencies are given an inch, they take a mile.

This thread should be on the front page.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Assosciate
you do bring up a good point. With everything else that is going on they could be using them as a distraction. It is not like things of the sort have never happened before. And I agree with you that if they take an inch it will turn into a mile.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join