It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS "psychic"? Coincidences in ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm not talking about the website, I'm talking about ATS as a community. Sometimes when I think about a certain specific subject, then suddenly a thread about it pop up. It's specific, not a current news. Or you're looking for something, then you go to ATS, then the solution present itself right here. It could be well that ATS members are somewhat connected to a certain degree. Or.. it could be just a bunch of coincidences. What do you think? Ever experience it yourself?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Yup.

Yup yup.

Yup yup yup.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I was just going to say that.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
I was just going to say that.

It really doesn't happen in other forums, not even other alternative forums. Just here. But then again, this is a big forum, and I spend quite some time here.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Either that, or the universe is giving you those threads through your own thoughts. Maybe you are manifesting them. I do agree with you though, that has happened countless times to me in the past!!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Selective perception.
By thinking of something intensely, or by focussing on something you are more likely to react to a thread, or find one, that has the same thoughts you just had

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's called the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon syndrome and is very common.

www.damninteresting.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Whoa!! Did you just read my mind?

Hehe but I have also thought the same thing about ATS. It is definitely part of the human conscious. I believe it was Joseph Campbell who coined the term UNIVERSAL SONG. Can't find a source as of yet. (MB it was the monomyth he coined but described it as a Universal Song)

He made a huge difference in how we look at ancient myths, drawing conclusions from myths around the world and their similarities in which he named as a monomyth. He describes a shared experience in the human conscious.

Check out his wiki page!!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

LMAO I have experienced this multiple times on ATS and really thought there must be an ATS agent that stays cloaked and follows me lol or this is an interesting coincidence.

Either that or our brainwaves are being monitored and assesed and if so quit it!! Exits understanding the tin foil hat, lol if they are able to read our thoughts....then they know ; )

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

i have never done a thread because this happened to me twice,i actually made an effort to put something decent together and before i could finish my presentation someone beat me to it, plus i didn`t go from the news or anything recent from anywhere else, just from me recently discovering the subject myself

new topics

top topics

join