It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘What if we’re holograms?’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
‘What if we’re holograms?’

Link

Brian Greene, a string theorist known for bringing his complex field of science to the masses, and Tracy Day, his wife and organizing partner, founded the World Science Festival.

Greene and other "string theorists" are exploring a possible scenario in which people and the world around us are actually a 3-D holographic projection of two-dimensional data that exists outside the accessible universe.

Interesting article from a msm site. The article does cover several other topics as well like the fact we are not putting astronauts into space and the LHC.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is what technology does to people.. makes them stupid.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
i've always thought of the possibility of nothing actually existing, as if i'm here, but this means nothing, my family doesn't exist, my friends don't exist, the land doesn't exist. all of this is just a fun experiment, or, a "hologram" if you will.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
ya I agree

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This two part video may help with understanding Holographic Universe theory .

Someone , I cant remember who , once said , we need to keep this information quiet , for if they find out we know this life is a Holograph , they may reset it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Next marketing gimmick,

Ronco's "Hologram Hero"

Don't get caught with your projector down,
Now with "Hologram Hero"
Even if the lights go out, at least yours won't

Paid actor, "My Hologram Hero SAVED my life!"

For $19.95 plus shipping & handling get yours today,

but WAIT!

if you call our operators withing the next 30 minutes we will send you, absolutely free [plus s&h] an ADDITIONAL "Hologram Hero"

And if you order by credit card we will include the "Flash Zapper", good for all those other hologram [people] that you hate, or just even irritate you a little tiny bit.
One little 'Zap' & it is 'lights out' for them.

With 'Hologram Hero' No one will ever punch your lights out again.
Get yours today along with the boss eliminating 'Flash Zapper'
Call now, operators are waiting.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by slank]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

The way I see it, the only thing that really exists is consciousness, everything else is a manifestation of the consciousness.

I wouldn't say we are holograms, I would say we are just dreaming in a way.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22

This is an abstract idea and has been around for a little while, I've researched it before. It is vastly different from our current understanding of how the world works, which makes it a little difficult to understand. It does, however, seem to be a credible idea and it may be possible.

If you do not understand it, please don't be ignorant and belittle other people's work. If it's out of your scope, please be polite and move along.

edit: typo

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Kharron]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I believe anything is possible, but it brings one question immediately to my mind. How do holograms procreate?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadred
I believe anything is possible, but it brings one question immediately to my mind. How do holograms procreate?

By executing code meant to create new holograms.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This idea isn't anything new to me. I read years ago about an idea that we were really 12th dimensional creatures sharing a consciousness in a low level 3D dimension. I also had some dreams involving an AI running our simulation where we are all holographic creatures in a running holographic universe. You could think of us as computer code following set laws of time and space. There have been a number of threads on here already talking about glitches in what people have seen and observed that would make sense if our universe was more like the Matrix. In my dream the AI was constantly monitoring my thoughts and found it amusing to create all kinds of disasters and events based on whatever things I thought of. It was like the AI wanted to see if all of that would drive me crazy or not.

I have wondered if Jesus was aware of the reality of our universe and was able to alter this reality to walk on water, transform materials, and perform what we would call miracles that I have not seen anyone do myself. If our universe was holographic, a suspension of what we thought were laws of time and space may be possible in my opinion.

The major drawback in saying our universe may be holographic is describing that to the general public. The general public is quite stupid when it comes to science in my opinion. A better way to describe our universe might be to say our consciousness is having a shared dream in something resembling virtual reality that you only wake up from when you die. However this reality is here to help us learn and grow and will feel as real as anything even if there is more to this reality than we perceive. As our understanding grows, one day many people may routinely perform miracles.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This was also a concept in one of the Star Ocean video games.

Quite an interesting thought, isn't it?!

top topics

join