It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Opens Border With Gaza Strip to Allow Humanitarian Aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Egypt Opens Border With Gaza Strip to Allow Humanitarian Aid

www1. voanews.com

Egypt is opening its border with Gaza to humanitarian aid and relief. The move comes as Cairo, along with its neighbors in the Middle East, continue to condemn Israel's deadly raid Monday of an international aid convoy to the Palestinian territory.

"I can imagine that President Mubarak and Egypt are embarrassed now because there is international pressure now to open borders. And he knows, and all of us know, that he is participating in the closing borders and is participating in the siege," Howeidy said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
i can't decide if this is good or bad?

could an alternative route for aid help negate the chance of war here?

or will Israel stick two fingers up to the side taking and condemn Egypt for aiding 'Gaza'

The Iranian leader warned Israel about any aggression, saying a "storm of anger from the nations of the region will uproot you."

looks like the teams are shaping up .. everyone else (in the region) v's Israel

what will the U.S.A do? if this kicks off big time ..

we live in interesting times...

www1. voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/6/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This begs the question that if Egypt is opening the border and allowing aid to reach Gaza, will Turkey simply go through Egypt?

If the goal is aid, then I would imagine however it gets there is not the point, but merely that it arrives.

If Turkey continues to force the issue with Israel, I will begin to think we have moved from assistance for Gaza to provoking Israel.

new topics

join