It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: If law broken on spill, people will pay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Obama: If law broken on spill, people will pay
‘My solemn pledge is we will bring those responsible to justice,’ he says

"NEW ORLEANS - President Barack Obama vowed on Tuesday that if laws were broken in the devastating Gulf of Mexico oil spill, those responsible would be prosecuted and pledged changes to avert future disasters."

"My solemn pledge is we will bring those responsible to justice," Obama said.

He also said energy giant BP would be held accountable for financial losses from what he called the "greatest environmental disaster of its kind in our history."

Source

Hopefully there won't be any future disasters.

And hopefully he keeps his word on this.
Its sad its lasted this long. Many fisherman without jobs, and the sea life gone.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Oozii]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Pretty pathetic that a specific law needs to have been broken to instill some authority over an out of control situation in native waters.

Our government should have passed a boat-load of laws and measures by this point and brought in as many support organizations as available to assess, plan and implement corrective measures. BP and the US government at this point have failed miserably and magnified their incompetence in handling such an injustice to nature and to the people of the gulf region that stand to have their way of life altered as a result.

Shame on you Obama you can definitely give yourself a grade of "F" the next time you get around to writing your own report card again.

I just pray that the people of this country deliver their own repercussions in November and remove this regime from power.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Obama, "Let's not stop the rapist while he is still busy raping.

We will wait until after he has done all the atrocities he wanted to his victim first."

My God. WTF?!?!

Maybe Jesse Jackson DID carry out his threat to cut off Obama's testicles,

because clearly he has none, nor a spine, nor any integrity or decency.

This is especially rich treachery of tongue coming from the same guy who let rich tax dodgers get away with murder & sent the whistle blower trying to protect taxpayers, to prison.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm not an Obama supporter by any means. I do see how much this man has on his plate though. Must take a real super hero to handle the weight of the world and still concentrate on basketball...

All jokes aside, personally I'm happy he is getting involved. (better late than never poop face!) I know he can't really do anything about the spill but hopefully his presence inspires and increase in manpower for the clean up.

To be honest, I wish I was there although I don't know what exactly to do.

-------------

Hopefully this is one of the rare occasions where he keeps his word and some justice is dished out. The biggest problem is all it would be is a publicity stunt as the damage is already done.

I have hope for the gulf though, I'm sure it will go back to normal eventually. I just hope I'm alive to see it....

new topics

top topics

join