It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stabbing Rampage In Singapore - 3 Seriously Wounded, 1 Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Stabbing Rampage In Singapore - 3 Seriously Wounded, 1 Dead

Gang of 7 believed to be behind spate of attacks in Kallang; 3 arrested
3 nabbed; 4 at large
Hand hacked in attack
singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg...

All three came from Sarawak and were general workers living in a dormitory in the area.
Four other suspects are still at large, but CID has vowed to "go all out" to hunt them down.

The attackers first struck on Sunday at 12:15am - a 24-year-old man was attacked at a playground near Block 44 Sims Drive. About half an hour later, near Kallang MRT station, a 44-year-old man was slashed from behind.
Another was found injured along the PIE near Sims Way exit at 7am. Half an hour later, a fourth victim was fatally attacked near a condominium at Sims Way.

The gang went on a knife-wielding rampage that left one person dead, two others in intensive care and another with half his palm hacked off - all for $400 in cash and three cellphones.

A FULL-TIME national serviceman, one of four victims of a series of knife attacks in Kallang on Sunday, lay bleeding by the Pan-Island Expressway for seven hours before he was spotted.
Half his left hand, along with four fingers had been hacked off, and he had deep cuts to his neck, face and abdomen; a part of his scalp had been sliced open.
But at least Mr Ang Jun Heng, 19, was alive. Of the remaining three victims of the still-unknown slasher or slashers, one is dead, and the other two, like Mr Ang, are in intensive care at Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.straitstimes.com
www.straitstimes.com
singap oreseen.stomp.com.sg
www.channelnewsasia.com

[edit on 6 1 2010 by wisdomnotemotion]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
2 days ago (local Sunday), 4 people were stabbed by foreigners. All happened in public. Police said they're from Sarawak. Majority of foreign workers from Sarawak/Sabah that Singapore government imported are Christians.

This is an outrage. The peace and tranquility of my country terrorized by despicable foreigners. Not only they rob our jobs and crowd our public transport system, they now terrorize our lives.

www.channelnewsasia.com

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

This is an outrage. The peace and tranquility of my country terrorized by despicable foreigners. Not only they rob our jobs and crowd our public transport system, they now terrorize our lives.

www.channelnewsasia.com

Consider relocating to Arizona.

Is there some sort of weird wave of stabbing attacks going on over there? I thought I read about something similar a week or so ago...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by cagliostro

There was a string of children being hacked with clevers and knives in China. Four or five different cases in a week or two.

For all we know it's still going on and no ody is talking about it. Like those riots in France that went on way longer than the MSM was reporting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 1-6-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hmmmmm, time to confiscate all of the sharp objects and make them illegal - right liberals!? I mean, if NO ONE had ANY knives then there could be no stabbings.

On to reality... if folks in Singapore were allowed to be armed for self-defense, these crimes would have stopped before they were started. An armed society is a polite society.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by cagliostro

There was a string of children being hacked with clevers and knives. Four or five different cases in a week or two.

For all we know it's still going on and no ody is talking about it. Like those riots in France that went on way longer than the MSM was reporting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Yeah I remember those French riots were really unusual, and you're right I felt that US media was giving it pretty cursory coverage. Wonder why these random stabbing waves are so prevalent all of a sudden?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I'm a local Singaporean. I've seen and heard things. But this stabbing rampage incidents were a big shock and sent shockwave of fear to all.

I really hope the cops catch the 4 suspects at large soon.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The child attacks were not in Singapore, they were in mainland China. This news in Singapore because it is so rare.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

This sounds awful ... do they have any idea of the kind of weapons used ... it sounds like wounds from a sword/machette rather than a dagger/hunting knife.

Do the police have descriptions of the 4 attackers still at large ?

Be safe. Woody

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

I agree - I hope these 4 are captured soon! Just another PERFECT example of why people should be allowed to be armed for their own personal defense. Here in the US, I am licensed to carry a concealed handgun and do so on most occassions. Luckily I have never been assaulted - then again, I am doubtful that I ever will be as I possess the method to ensure that it does not happen.

Keep in mind folks, you can keep banning "Weapons" of all sorts until we are left with fists and feet - at that point people will be brutally assaulted by such. Not everyone is physically capable of defending themselves against a stronger attacker. A well-trained, well-armed civilian is on a level playing field. Ciminals in areas with concealed carry know this. That is why I say that an armed society is a polite society.

top topics

join