It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al and Tipper Gore to separate after 40 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
content.usatoday.com...

MSNBC reports that former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, are separating after 40 years of marriage. Update at 12:32 p.m. ET: The Associated Press says that the Gore ssaid in an emailed statement obtained by the news service today that the separation was "a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration." Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider confirmed the statement came from the Gores, but declined to comment further, the AP reports

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Tipper probably couldn't figure out who she was married to any longer.
Al or Al's ego.

I am amazed that she lasted 40 years with bonehead.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
She must have found Al's collection of 2 Live Crew albums.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I completely forgot about Tipper, the record burner. Although, I somehow see Al diggin' his MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice LP's.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Didn't Tipper Gore set up a case in D.C against music?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Apparently there was an issue with Tipper and another man. A manbearpig.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This explains why The Gore-man didn't make it to the ATS Live Show last week!
..... ha ha ... ahem.... you had to be there....

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Do you a sketch or photo of this manbearpig?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I have a picture of manbearpig!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by webpirate

Do you a sketch or photo of this manbearpig?

I'm glad you asked. I do in fact have such images.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf9dad9a409a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4c8c5bbb65a.jpg[/atsimg]

It seem pretty obvious from these images all of his time was spent with ManBearPig and not with Tipper....

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Oh man this is the worst day ever. I have to go to the Dentist for a toothache, and now This. What's next will they Cancel American Idol? Game over man, Game over
How can America go on without Al and Tipper together?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Alimony to be paid in Carbon Credit Offsets....

--- All kidding aside, I wonder how amicable a forty year friendship can be if they are unwilling to remain together? The description by the PR spokesperson makes it seem all "warm and fuzzy", but most people know better.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

fake! that is not a kiss. an obvious hoax.
could they be any more tense in this photo? both look unnatural and uncomfortable. of course if I were one of those two i wouldn't feel comfortable in my own skin either.

if they had split up 20 years ago he might have been president somewhere along the way... thats not to say that it would have made a difference.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
The description by the PR spokesperson makes it seem all "warm and fuzzy", but most people know better.

Exactly.

Usually, I don't pay attention to this type of social news but this is arguably the guy who got jipped of the presidency through election fraud (I'm not debating that now, in this thread).

There has to be a major rift there and in my opinion, it likely has to do with affiliations of both humans and of a context that isn't readily available to the public.

Curious indeed...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yes Tipper Gore was one of the founders of the PMRC after walking in on one her daughters listening to Prince's "Darlin' Nikki" Ultimately the PMRC forced record companies to add the "Parental Advisory Explicit Content" label, which in turn was one of the best free promotions for recording artists. That sentiment was the impetus fro Dee Snider of Twisted Sister to testify before Congress (although was not expressed as part of the testimony)

Interesting to note about the PMRC's top 15 songs is that Prince had written 3 of the top 4 and that Cyndi Lauper (#15 for She Bop) had a cover of a Prince song on her She's So Unusual album.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Very sad, IMO.

Going separate ways after forty years is tragic to me.

By that time, I couldn't imagine breathing without my spouse. Heck I can't do it now after eight.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
two words....Manbear Pig! It seems as though his long and drawn out conspiracy of the beast is true. I have very sound factual evidence that this is the cause for the divorce! Mr. Gore has run away with Manbear Pig to wed into its genetically superior race and once he has made an army of Manbear Pig super children he will rise up and take the presidency....as long as Florida doesnt screw him again

This is my first post ever so go easy on me, im a long time lurker but just recently joined up.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I wonder who will get
the Internet in the divorce settlement.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It's all the fault of Bush and Global Warming.

Tipper is going to celebrate by leaving all the lights on in the house, leaving the car idling in the driveway as long as she wants, and tossing the plastic straight in the trash.

I honestly bet she got tired of trying to stuff his fat ass in a Prius.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Uh-oh.

Sex tape soon to follow?

This is an odd thing...it took 40 years to realize they weren't in love.

It must have been a great 40 years then...

top topics

join