It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Says She Has a Duty to Pursue Policies in Keeping With The Values of Jesus, 'The Word Made

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This woman is such a hypocrite, How people can actually still support her and vote for her is beyond me.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) says she believes she must pursue public policies "in keeping with the values" of Jesus Christ, "The Word made Flesh."

Pelosi, who is a Catholic and who favors legalized abortion, voted against the ban on partial-birth abortion that was enacted into law in 2003.cnsnews.com...

How can you be Catholic and support abortion?

Anything to get elected?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
California's paid for her to get elected. If I recall every teen donated money to her campaign.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What happened to the separation between church and state anyway? Jesus shouldn't even come into the picture.

IRM

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You forgot about President Bush? He was not afraid to say he was a Christian. How quick do American politics change.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

No... I haven't forgotten at all. It's just that Bush isn't the topic of discussion here. It should be obvious that if I find it unacceptable from one person, it would apply equally to anyone else... no?

I'm from Australia, I don't have a dog in the Republican/Democrat fight!

IRM

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Now I see where you coming from.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Jesus shouldn't even come into the picture.

In all actuality, even if a religious politician doesn't openly make their beliefs known, their faith is still going to come into the picture. It's inevitable. A person's beliefs (or lack thereof) shape their worldview, which is the prism through which a politician is ultimately going to make decisions.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think Pelosi probably likes some aspects of Jesus and his teachings, like paying your taxes.

"So Jesus said to them, "Give back to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they were utterly amazed at him.(Mark 12:17)"

Maybe, not so much this.

“It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven (Luke 18:25)”

Even Woody Allen, the Obama lover, had this to say.

"If Jesus came back and saw what was being done in his name, he wouldn't be able to stop throwing up."
Woody Allen

Pelosi might want to leave Jesus out of it, I am sure it is not an "approved" message.

Edit for clarity.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Stewie]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

How can you be Catholic and support abortion?

Anything to get elected?

How can you decide for others what there belief is due to there religion? More Catholics tend to accept abortion than non-Catholic Christians. Same goes with gay marriage and rights. Catholics are also funding a lot more science.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
I think Pelosi probably likes some aspects of Jesus and his teachings, like paying your taxes.

"So Jesus said to them, "Give back to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they were utterly amazed at him.(Mark 12:17)"

Ironically, that passage does not endorse the payment of taxes.

It endorses the acceptance of the yoke of oppression. Jesus was speaking to a group of people who had no king and were occupied and subjugated by a foreign military power.

In my opinion, the whole "render unto Ceasar that which is his..." bit had to do with complying with a foreign government that was in control...

But that's just my opinion. ....

Pelosi on the other hand. appears to know what to say to whom and when. What she is in actuality is another matter entirely.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The "coin" had the likeness of Caesar on it, reflecting a monetary system controlled by the Romans. If the Jews accepted the coin, they are accepting the system.
I do not believe Jesus was asking them to submit and become slaves or to give in to oppression, but he certainly wasn't willing to stir things up was he?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Pelosi is most likely trying to catch the attention of the Tea Party, figuring that they are all stupid, and If she tosses in a few nods to the Gospel, she could obtain some support.
but who knows what she is thinking, If anything? Michael Savage calls her Bela Pelosi...I find that funny.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Yeah, is she thinking at all?

She may want to consider why God would have made California so attractive to a certain "demographic" (her constituents), seeing as how it is on a major fault line and all.

(just a joke, don't want to derail the thread)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Pelosi is just pandering yet again.

More pointless banter coming from her hypocritical lips. Perhaps she can practice what she preaches.

I am certainly not opposed to Christian values and beliefs however, to hear this come from Pelosi is just out of place and predictable.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yeah, Pelosi is Christian!
Sure she is!

This woman, in all reality, is a liar, a hypocrite and a charlatan! Satan himself stated that he would send his minions to preach false gospel to corrupt God's followers. It is fairly obvious to me that she is nothing more than one of Satan's minions. True believers will not be fooled.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am a Catholic.

The constitution read we have a right to LIFE, Liberty and ...

The Catholic Church says: "The right to life is a paramount issue and is the FIRST RIGHT, upon which all other rights are based and ensue therefrom.
When a Catholic Politician votes for pro abortion- a medical operation where one of two people die, one looses his or her life, that politician is violating both the Constirution and the Church Law

[edit on 1-6-2010 by slugger9787]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by slugger9787]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I find it hard to believe, Nancy Pelosi can even enter a Church... without her Skin starting to smoke, while belting out unthinkable words... to offend God. Maybe I'm wrong. maybe she helps out at the soup Kitchen every Tuesday. and is known around her district as Mother Pelosi. but I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Someone should throw some holy water on her and chant...

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU, THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU....!

See what she morphs back into.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
jesus did predict this, he said something along the lines of
'For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.' matthew 24:5

im not saying pelosi is saying she is the literal physical manifestation of jesus, but in a way she is using jesus to give her more legitimacy behind her actions.

i do not know her, so i will not judge. and i am a sinner so i will not cast the first stone.

but we must be careful when people in power talk about jesus. usually (though not always), it is harder for people in power to walk humbly alongside God, because they are driven by other things.

but meh.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

I can guarantee you that if you were pulled over in a traffic stop and spoke to the cop with the same kind of incoherent jibberish she used in that video, you'd be spending the night in the slam.

She is an absolute embarrisment to the entire nation. Politics aside, can't the Democrats find someone who is not a complete buffoon to make speaker? There are some serious, quality folks in the democratic party. How they wound up with this jackass as their leader is beyond me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join