It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi youths face prison for appearance on MTV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This has got to be the country with the worst civil liberties ever. Why do we not "liberate" these people, they aid terrorist, they hate us, all of the alleged 911 hijackers were all Saudis, can't say it is because we love their oil too much because this is the reason that is given for us invading Iraq. So we either invade to take the oil or we don't invade because we want the oil...which is it?

RIYADH, June 1 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's religious police are trying to bring to court three Saudi youths for challenging the kingdom's austere lifestyle on an MTV reality show -- a new test of the country's stated commitment to reform.
Divisions have emerged within the influential religious establishment, including the [B]religious police body[/B] itself, over long-held restrictions that have been enforced in the world's leading oil producing country and key U.S. ally.

An official at the Jeddah court confirmed the filing of the lawsuit for [B]the crime of "openly declaring sin" [/B]and said it would take at least one week for the Islamic sharia court to decide whether to proceed with a trial or dismiss the case.
The Saudi judiciary system, based on an austere reading of Islamic sharia law, reserves harsh punishments for such offences that could involve lashes with whip and years of imprisonment.
alertnet.org...

These people are just insane!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
We don't do anything because the Bush family is friends with the Saudis

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
We don't do anything because the Bush family is friends with the Saudis
Bush's don't run this country last time I looked.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

yeah, but big oil does

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Let them liberate themselves, otherwise, nothing is solved.

If you force "liberation" on somebody, he still going to hate you.

The point is for these people to want liberation, and then they will provide liberation for themselves, thats the only way, and trust me its coming

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Excellent post! It shines a light directly in the faces of hawks who refuse to look at everything at play in the 9/11 attacks. Those people refuse to contemplate just what it means when we attack Afghanistan and not, at the very least, the country where the hijackers came from. Of course its baloney all around, but some real intellectual sand sniffing must be done to hold the neoconservative paradigm together.

But yeah, on topic, if they don't like it, then they must do something. I wouldn't want a middle eastern country to come and "liberate" the U.S from "Satan". Only in the event of mass genocide should a country or people intervene, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

yeah, but big oil does
I thought "big oil" was the reason we took over Iraq? so we could have access to all that oil. So "big oil" doesn't want the Saudis oil? This is the logic that confuses me.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

good point, I was looking at this thing wrong

you win

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Not looking to win anything mate, just trying to understand this whole middle East thing.
cheers.
JM

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well i went raving in england and the polcie did the same to me, they where desperate to put me in jail, for just dancing at raves, harming no one and going near no one.

I have had no civil liberties for 18 years in england, so my life has proven the police in england just as much are desperate to destroy as others.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
When you have a religion written by a pedophile who claims to be a prophet, is it no surprise that the laws this immoral psychopath dictates are ones that promote torture and violence?

Surprise, surprise... surprise!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Are some parts of GB under sharia law? or is it getting close?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by andy1033

Are some parts of GB under sharia law? or is it getting close?

No "part" of GB is under Sharia law, nor ever will be, it doesn't work like that.

More info here: BBC

new topics

top topics

join