It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers prove acupuncture's effectiveness in pain therapy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Researchers prove acupuncture's effectiveness in pain therapy

rawstory.com

Acupuncture eases pain in the limbs because it releases a natural molecule called adenosine, neuroscientists in the United States reported on Sunday.

The mechanism was discovered through experiments in lab mice, which were given an injection of an inflammation-inducing chemical in their right paw.

The researchers inserted fine needles below the midline of the mice's knee, at a well-known acupuncture location called the Zusanli point.

They rotated the needle gently every five minutes for 30 mi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm certainly glad it has worked for others but I never had any lasting effects. I had an acupuncturist that has treated me for everything from depression, prescription pill and alcohol abuse, joint pain, and all around feelings of malaise. Perhaps I am of the wrong mind set or the wrong generation for the treatments to work.
I must admit that short term effects were felt but even after repeated treatments my lower back pain responds best to advil and asprine. I would be interested in hearing others experiences and where I possibly went wrong. I'm willing to give it another try.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I find this trial with mice amusing because how did they communicate with the mice for them to tell the researchers....."thanks doc, I feel so much better"

[edit on 1-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I believe acupuncture works, at least it did for me, I had treatments to stop smoking, from day one I had no desire to smoke, there are two things going on in my opinion, it may be that I was ready and acupuncture helped with the withdrawal symptoms. I honestly believe in this case if it wasn't what I wanted it wouldn't have worked. Four years later I started smoking again, ugh.

I do know a few people who had good luck with acupuncture for pain.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The NHS in the UK has started using it, quite a few studies recently supporting acupuncture. A few showing it had no more effect than placebo as well i might add.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
it is my belief that most (if not all) disease in the body and mind stems from a disconnect in the physical system. most people in our modern world live in varying states of disconnect as a way of life. it seems very natural to us.

when we have an experience of physical reconnection, it can seem quite foreign and difficult to maintain. the sensation is somewhat like being 5 years old again: a sense of wonderment and enjoyment at the simple physical experience. we cannot maintain this because our natural state in the modern world is to bend to the will of others, and to generally view our own viewpoint as mundane and purposeless.

acupuncture reconnects the systems of the body. it is not the ONLY method for making this reconnection, but the reconnection itself is the ONLY way to accomplish actual physical healing on the genetic level.

thanks for posting the article.

top topics

join