It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Drone That Can Get Through Your Window to Kill You While You Sleep

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The Drone That Can Get Through Your Window to Kill You While You Sleep

gizmodo.com

After watching this quadrotor drone making the craziest maneuvers I can imagine, I only have three thoughts. One, robotic extermination is inevitable. Two, I want one for next Christmas. Three, send a weaponized squadron to fight the mole men here.

The quadrotor Unmanned Aerial Vehicle was made by Daniel Mellinger, Dr. Nathan Michael, and Dr. Vijay Kumar at the GRASP Lab, University of Pennsylvania
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
this look verry neet

i wander if the can make a bigger version of it
www.youtube.com...

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-6-2010 by hornyana_jones]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Damn, I bet the creators of that thing must get the attention of all the ladies.

Or perhaps they've sent that thing to perv on the hot girl next door.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That is pretty damn cool...although be very careful what you wish for hornyana_jones:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05ff39c695c5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Notice all the broken dead copters at 0:41 in the youtube video: www.youtube.com...

It took them that many takes to get this thing to perform those maneuvers without crashing afterwards. PHAIL.

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
For all those that are concerned about the more sinister potential for this thing, a suggestion if i may.

Relax and shut your windows.

Pretty cool machine though, that'll be in all the toy shops this christmas no doubt.

CX.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That thing is pretty cool, but I wonder what kind of defense shields it has against a baseball bat or catch net?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
*takes heed of CX's advice and closes window* Haha phail indeed. If they can make one of those...who knows what else they can? I think I might just keep my cricket bat handy...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
i f you ad a fiber glass cover it would look like a ufo

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
and to think that 25 years ago I was playing Pong on Atari...look how far technology has come *sigh*

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yeah wow, i too want one for christmas.

But yeah lets watch it deak my baseball bat.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This thing totally remi9nds me of the flying death blades in Half life 2.

Everyone ready a spare crowbar

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I wonder what its payload is. That thing with a pound of C-4 would make one hell of a stealth mine. You could fly it into or onto any vehicle or structure and if needed use multiples and blow anything to smithereens! Nice toy!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This thing looks like excellent practice for a skeet shooter or someone who likes bird hunting but I suspect its effective payload is rather low due to its size, recon is probably its intended purpose given its size, you couldn't carry much in the way of useful explosives on it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The only things that machine is killing is a passing fly. As for me, i could stick up my finger and it would buzz out of control.

Amazing tech though. I love my remote controlled helicopter, and anything that fly's really. This is like.... on a whole.... nava.... leva....

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Lol. A visible toy and worthless if you close your window.
Instead worry about the lethal invisible weapons.
scalar weapons are silent and lethal. am inviting discussions on scalar weapons in my recent new thread.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You can get something similar at hobbytron for about $90 bucks.
www.hobbytron.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I agree with everyone that says "just shut your damn window!"....but....and this is a BIG BUT, if the guys that suggested strapping C4 to it got their hands on this thing i suppose you could shut all the windows you want and it wouldnt matter...1 flying robot + 1 pound of C4 = no more window....or wall for that matter...but then i guess it wouldn't be very stealthy if its blowing out walls, could be used for tactical entries for like Army/SWAT type stuff send that in to blow out the wall then have the troops follow or maybe MORE DROIDS!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
this one looks more like it.
www.tootoo.com...

here is another one.
www.tootoo.com...

I'm buying a couple of these!

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
As someone quoted before...baseball bat. Sounds like fun.

The four points of thrust present many problems, much room for failure.

Chances are if machines are involved in the assassination of our general public, they will be in insect form. Tiny. Poisonous. Lethal. Much quieter. The tech is currently being developed, although the scientists have no idea why they are making little mechanical bugs.

To me, this seems like a neat little toy, in line with those air hogs gadgets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join