It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible religious sighting in 1998

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I just wrote this out with detail but it seemingly got erased so here goes round #2.

and as anybody knows, writing it the 2nd time doesn't have the same energy as before.

straightforwardly, the year was 1998. My parents were in cabo st. lucas on vacation on a boat trip. My mom snapped quite a few pics, the entrance in the hole is the pacific.. the pictures came back and she noticed a white cross on the right hand side...somewhere that looks pretty difficult to 'hang something from'

heres the first link, im going to do pt2 after this cuz when i did both at the same time, nothing happened.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by depmode101

so....after that (cuz this is where it gets interesting) she wrote to the local newspaper with that picture attached, a bit curious because apparently its a cross hanging in the middle of nowhere..

later on a lady replied to her through the newspaper's contact info and send her a glossy of this picture.

to me that looks like a crucification with jesus's head going straight to the top. (just my take) ..and please guys/girls, i trust your opinions a lot. i've had these photos for 12 years now but other than showing friends, i've never posted them here but i love this forum, id like to hear any ideas about what they may be...is jesus's presence very strong in this area? or is it photography gone bad?

all answers/suggestions/comments are appreciate, yer a knowledgable bunch.

thanks and cheerz.

d.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm no expert, but in the first picture, it looks like there might be something hanging on the other side of that man. A crucafix, perhaphs? Also, could it have been a reflection off of the metal bars that cross together?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

on the mans head? yeah now i see it but ..looks maybe like a piece of the boat, i'm not sure...

and please trust me when i say these photos haven't been doctored in any way, ive had them backed up on a cd forever with other pictures, when i formatted my pc a month or 2 ago i came across these (again) and after being here for about a year, lurking, i thought this would be the perfect place for any type of explanation.

for the record, i dont even use photoshop...same with my mom... but to me its interesting, very.....ive never really had any doubt that jesus's presence was strong in that area, thats my only 'conclusion' cuz i know these photos arent doctored...

d.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing these photos,

Where did the 2nd picture come from?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

A lady who was on vacation in that same area (but i dont know when) but sent my mom that pic personally when she was in canada..(my mom says shes american but doesnt have contact info) im sorry but thats all the info i have about 'her' . she saw the picture in the local newspaper (the first one) and decided to contact my mom with her 2nd pic perhaps recognizing a similarity.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thanks,

I was confused by it at first, thinking she found it in your photo.

I am still analyzing your photo and will try to find a answer for you shortly.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

no...nobody found any photos..my mom got her pictures back, found that one rather interesting.. the local paper ran an article on it, some lady found her contact info through the newspaper and sent her that picture back. thats all i know.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hmm interesting pictures, Ok so I'm being 100% honest here but please do remember this isn't an accusation or anything like but just my opinion but I had a really close look at the cross in that first image and it just looks like it's been added in in my honest opinion.
Like I said it’s not an accusation or anything but Just my opinion.

Also I have to ask did anyone actually see this ‘cross’ the time of taking the picture?
Or when going past/around this area at all?

If not then it just adds to my suspicious that this is maybe a more natural occurrence than a religious miracle etc.

This photo really does intrigue me and I'm glad you decided to post it for us.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yea I understand that part, I was referring to the lady who sent her photo to your mom, thinking she looked at your moms photo and found the crucification like image within your moms photo.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

well i respect your opinion but back in 98, i was probably running 95. plus, of all people, id trust my mom..shes not tech savvy at all. it happened in cabo st. lucas and basically stayed there, i saw the pics (in toronto) when she got back..

i'm sure you guys have image filtering tools, do what you want to them, they are intact and as sound as i first recieved them...they've always been interesting to me (esp knowing they are untouched) and i wanted to share with you guys, thats all...draw yer own conclusions but i can tell you 1 thing for sure, my mom still doesnt know how to cut and paste...hope you do the math.

cheerz.

d.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
First thank-you for sharing those photo's
I feel your story is very sincere and I believe those photo's are genuine...

There are so many things in this world that are unexplainable...

and even thought I am in constant search of the truth in everything...

I feel that somethings are showing to us for our comfort, and for the joy of others we fell comfortiable showing it to...

I guess what I'm trying to say: It is what it is.
I just hope some unbeliever doesn't try to post about it...
It shows he is always with us...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Thank and I am glad you posted the pictures still because they do intrigue me alot but it was just my opinion and I'm going to have a closer look and do some research etc. but I'd just like to ask again if I may 'did anyone actually see this ‘cross’ the time of taking the picture? Or when going past/around this area at all? If you don’t know then it’s ok I’m just curious really.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I inverted the color of the photo to get a better look at the rock wall.

My guess is it might be placed or stuck into the rock wall, creating a illusion of being suspended in mid air.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm sure in the first photo that its a cross. Now she was pointing into a cavern there's a white rectangle to the right of the man...could be from a flash, allowing you to only see the cross in the photo. It could've been put there by locals of the area between now and a few hundred years ago. Is my best logical guess. a not so logical one? its a holy place of some kind where the presents of Jesus resides??

The second pic sent in by the lady is a little harder to decifer so I'm just gunna say its a ghost.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

sorry it took me a day to reply,

by all accounts the cross definitely wasn't "there" when the picture was taken, it only showed up on the print.

thats about all the info i have about this...but i agree it is rather interesting.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The only other explanations I can come up with since the cross was not visible when the picture was taken are, dust on the camera lens, a splash of water coming up off the rock wall, a small bird or bug that flew into the shot or a true divine sign.

Thanks for sharing your interesting photo

[edit on 3-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
see thats the thing..im not as pessimistic as to believing that something holy made its presence known..

ive been here a while, i know skeptics blame everything on a lens or reflection or what have you...so ok, debunk the first picture (although after your scans, nothing weird has showed up, its just 'there' for the moment anyway)

Whats the opinion on the 2nd picture that was sent to my mother? that is totally a crucifixion...(sp)

anyway i dont intend to sway anybody anywhere, im not even catholic! but, i hope it opened up somebodys mind cuz simply put, theres something divine in that area.

take care everyone and thanks for your input..it was interesting but not debunked

d.

top topics

join