It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terror Finance Flotilla to Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Now for some simple facts behind the supporters and financiers of this so called benevolent flotilla. This goes way deeper than skin deep.

The Turkish organizers of the Gaza Strip-bound flotilla that was boarded this morning by Israeli commandos knew well in advance that their vessels would never reach Israeli waters. That's because the organizers belong to a nonprofit that was banned by the Israeli government in July 2008 for its ties to terrorism finance.

The Turkish IHH (Islan Haklary Ve Hurriyetleri Vakfi in Turkish) was founded in 1992, and reportedly popped up on the CIA's radar in 1996 for its radical Islamist leanings. Like many other Islamist charities, the IHH has a record of providing relief to areas where disaster has struck in the Muslim world.

However, the organization is not a force for good. The Turkish nonprofit belongs to a Saudi-based umbrella organization known to finance terrorism called the Union of Good (Ittilaf al-Kheir in Arabic). Notably, the Union is chaired by Sheikh Yusuf Qaradawi, who is known best for his religious ruling that encourages suicide attacks against Israeli civilians. According to one report, Qardawi personally transferred millions of dollars to the Union in an effort to provide financial support to Hamas.

In 2008, the Israelis banned IHH, along with 35 other Islamist charities worldwide, for its ties to the Union of Good. This was a follow-on designation; Israelis first blocked the Union of Good from operating in the West Bank and Gaza in 2002.

The Union of Good eh?? Israel is not alone in recognizing this group for their connections to terror groups. Keep that in mind!!

Interestingly, the Union of Good may not only be tied to Hamas. Included in the Israeli list of 36 designees was the International Islamic Relief Organization (IIRO). In 2006, both the U.S. government and the United Nations designated the IIRO branch offices in Indonesia and the Philippines for financing al Qaeda. French magistrate Jean-Louis Brougiere also testified that IHH had an "important role" in Ahmed Ressam's failed "millennium plot" to bomb the Los Angeles airport in late 1999.

The U.S. government, it should be noted, also views the Union of Good as a terrorist organization. On November 12, 2008, a press release from the U.S. Treasury announced the umbrella group's leaders as Specially Designated Global Terrorists (SDGT), stating that the group was "created by Hamas leadership to transfer funds to the terrorist organization."

"Terrorist groups such as Hamas continue to exploit charities to radicalize vulnerable communities and cultivate support for their violent activities," said Treasury Undersecretary Stuart Levey.

According to Treasury, Hamas's leadership actually created the Union of Good in 2000—just after the launch of the armed campaign against Israel—as a means to transfer funds to Hamas. At the time of designation in 2008, the Treasury believed that the Union of Good was transferring "tens of millions of dollars a year" to Hamas-controlled entities in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

How do you attack and stop a Hydra? The plot thickens!

It gets worse. The Treasury, drawing from declassified documents, stated unequivocally that the Union of Good "compensated Hamas terrorists by providing payments to the families of suicide bombers. One of [the charities], the Al-Salah Society, previously identified as a key support node for Hamas, was designated in August 2007... The Society employed a number of members of the Hamas military wing and supported Hamas-affiliated combatants during the first Intifada."

Then there's the leadership. Apart from the aforementioned Qardawi, Union of Good's top officials include Hamas members, as well as Yemeni national Abd al-Majid al-Zindani, who was designated by the U.S. Treasury as a terrorist in 2004 for providing support to al Qaeda.

www.weeklystandard.com...

With so many nefarious connections to terror, how could anyone consider this flotilla peaceful??

The nation of Cyprus denied this flotilla access to its harbors and waters due to the terror connections of this Flotilla of "aid". Cyprus did there homework and said bye bye to the terrorists. Go figure.

The U.S. recognizes the very groups that organized and financed this flotilla as terror organizations. Perhaps the IDF was anticipating some illegal contraband on any one of ships in this flotilla.

More facts to come.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Good post. I doubt that the Israeli haters on this sit will care though.

Originally posted by jibeho
Now for some simple facts behind the supporters and financiers of this so called benevolent flotilla. This goes way deeper than skin deep.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wanted to bump it back up

So people remember what you say

seems your a bit alone in your thinking and need a second chance.

Iserail bans cement and paper from Gazza so just because they ban this group along with 50 others does not add much to the argument and any suprise it's puppet, puppet master followed suit.

i'm so scare of terrorists, please save me.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Thanks for the bump!!

Thought it might be nice for people to know all of the facts surrounding such a peaceful group.

The media game has already begun to distort information and valuable facts.

Cheers!!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Perhaps a tad biased.

Jonathan Schanzer is a former terrorism finance analyst at the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the vice president for research at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.

"We identify and develop the best policies and approaches to defend America, Israel , and other democratic societies, both established and emerging, from the militant Islamist threat."

Forgot the Quotes.

www.defenddemocracy.org...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by dazbog]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Nice spin!!

Facts are facts regardless of who presents them. Schanzer is a finance analyst and this OP is all about the terror orgs. who are financing these aid convoys. Just follow the money. That notion holds true in politics and in terrorism.

Is Schanzer lying?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

reply to post by dazbog

Nice spin!!

Facts are facts regardless of who presents them. Schanzer is a finance analyst and this OP is all about the terror orgs. who are financing these aid convoys. Just follow the money. That notion holds true in politics and in terrorism.

Is Schanzer lying?

No Spin amigo. And I believe you feign puzzlement. I thought, I believe correctly, that the OP referenced this site.

Which brought me to the Authors site.

" Is Schanzer lying ? Loaded question. However Jonathan Schanzer is also the "Director of Policy at the Jewish Policy Center." As indicated here.

www.jewishpolicycenter.org...

I would ask of any rational person to determine for themselves if Mr. Schanzer may be biased in his interpretation of the event. Still puzzled ?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Oooooh SNAP!

I guess Megaphone strikes again...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yeah right.... jew propaganda from a jew that wants to defend the atrocities committed by jews..... I don't buy that at all...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think its funny that when someone defends Israel, some has to say that it is pro-Israel propaganda, not a honest belief or attempt to provide facts to support an honest position.

Its just like calling someone a racist if they merely criticize Israel. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of hatemongering on this website, but I believe that there are many people with honest and sincere positions and beliefs that Israel, as a government or country, acts wrongly or illegally.

I just can't stand this none-sense of people dismissing an argument by calling it propaganda or "Megafone" or whatever.

Furthermore, while I think that the Israeli government/military totally botched this situation up and stupidly opened the door to a lot of this much diserved criticism, I think that the the OP is on to something and that this so call humanitarian flotilla had no intention of ever delivering their so-called aid. Like I said on another thread, if their intentions were pure, wouldn't they have been very discrete and tried to smuggle their aid in when no one was looking. But no, they had the press and told the world that they were intentionally going to challenge Israel head on.

What did they expect, that the Israeli Navy would role out the red carpet to them? Obviously they wanted a confrontation, and Israel was stupid enough to give them one. I am sure if there was adiquate planning, the Israeli Navy could have stopped these ships without the loss of life. They screwed up and should be criticized, but don't for a moment think that the flotilla's intentions were pure either.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dazbog

reply to post by dazbog

Nice spin!!

Is Schanzer lying?

No Spin amigo. And I believe you feign puzzlement. I thought, I believe correctly, that the OP referenced this site.

Which brought me to the Authors site.

" Is Schanzer lying ? Loaded question. However Jonathan Schanzer is also the "Director of Policy at the Jewish Policy Center." As indicated here.

www.jewishpolicycenter.org...

I would ask of any rational person to determine for themselves if Mr. Schanzer may be biased in his interpretation of the event. Still puzzled ?

Attack the source and deny the facts? If the facts are wrong please feel free to correct them with approved sources of course. Perhaps, you should use the White House approved and recommended site of the Huffington Post.

That's what I thought.....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The terrorists are starting to surface slowly... Make of it what you will. No megaphone here ....

What a shock. A majority of the arrested “peace activists” who brutally attacked the Israeli soldiers with pipes, metal rods. chairs and knives are linked to terror groups including Al-Qaeda. Several are members of the Muslim Brotherhood. The activists include Turks, Yemenites and Indonesians. And, many of the arrested “peace” fanatics have no identification papers.

YNET News reported:

The ongoing interrogation of passengers who were aboard the Marmara – the Gaza aid flotilla’s flagship – revealed that the majority of those who attacked the Israeli Naval Commandos boarding the ship have direct and indirect Global Jihad ties.

Israel’s investigation has revealed some 100 people infiltrated the peace and humanitarian aid activists making their way to Gaza, with the explicit design to attack Israeli soldiers using cold arms.

Some among that group are believed to have ties with World Jihad groups, mainly al-Qaeda.

The majority of suspects are Turks, but some are Yemenites and Indonesian. One Yemenite Islamist was photographed with a dagger in his belt prior to the raid.

The suspects are not cooperating with investigators. Most of them have no identification papers, and Israeli authorities are still trying to ascertain their identity.

So, will the Western media omit this from their reports, too?

More… There were 3 Pakistanis with the Gaza Flotilla, too.

UPDATE: Michael Oren, the Israeli ambassador to the U.S, said the terrorists had ties to Al-Qaeda.
WCBS reported:

Israel also said terrorists were involved that have ties to al Qaeda.

“I believe that the organization involved in organizing the Turkish part of the flotilla was deeply linked to Islamic extremist organizations in the world,” Ambassador Oren said. “This is not just Israel’s conclusions. There is evidence from the CIA.”

Still more… MEMRI had this on the jihadists:

Arab Media Reports on Flotilla Participants: Writing Wills, Preparing for Martyrdom, Determined to Reach Gaza or Die

The Egyptian flotilla delegation included two members of the Muslim Brotherhood bloc in the Egyptian parliament: Muhammad Al-Baltaji and Hazem Farouq.

Al-Baltaji, who is deputy secretary-general of the Muslim Brotherhood parliamentary bloc in Egypt, said at a March 2010 conference, “A nation that excels at dying will be blessed by Allah with a life of dignity and with eternal paradise.” He also said that his movement “will never recognize Israel and will never abandon the resistance,” and that “resistance is the only road map that can save Jerusalem, restore the Arab honor, and prevent Palestine from becoming a second Andalusia.[1]

gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

Interesting that a majority of those arrested have no identification on them. Just another piece of the puzzle I suppose. This is clearly playing out as a planned event to add martyrs to the greater cause of enacting all out war against Israel in this region.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The terrorists are starting to surface slowly... Make of it what you will. No megaphone here ....

What a shock. A majority of the arrested “peace activists” who brutally attacked the Israeli soldiers with pipes, metal rods. chairs and knives are linked to terror groups including Al-Qaeda. Several are members of the Muslim Brotherhood. The activists include Turks, Yemenites and Indonesians. And, many of the arrested “peace” fanatics have no identification papers.

YNET News reported:

The ongoing interrogation of passengers who were aboard the Marmara – the Gaza aid flotilla’s flagship – revealed that the majority of those who attacked the Israeli Naval Commandos boarding the ship have direct and indirect Global Jihad ties.

Israel’s investigation has revealed some 100 people infiltrated the peace and humanitarian aid activists making their way to Gaza, with the explicit design to attack Israeli soldiers using cold arms.

Some among that group are believed to have ties with World Jihad groups, mainly al-Qaeda.

The majority of suspects are Turks, but some are Yemenites and Indonesian. One Yemenite Islamist was photographed with a dagger in his belt prior to the raid.

The suspects are not cooperating with investigators. Most of them have no identification papers, and Israeli authorities are still trying to ascertain their identity.

So, will the Western media omit this from their reports, too?

More… There were 3 Pakistanis with the Gaza Flotilla, too.

UPDATE: Michael Oren, the Israeli ambassador to the U.S, said the terrorists had ties to Al-Qaeda.
WCBS reported:

Israel also said terrorists were involved that have ties to al Qaeda.

“I believe that the organization involved in organizing the Turkish part of the flotilla was deeply linked to Islamic extremist organizations in the world,” Ambassador Oren said. “This is not just Israel’s conclusions. There is evidence from the CIA.”

Still more… MEMRI had this on the jihadists:

Arab Media Reports on Flotilla Participants: Writing Wills, Preparing for Martyrdom, Determined to Reach Gaza or Die

The Egyptian flotilla delegation included two members of the Muslim Brotherhood bloc in the Egyptian parliament: Muhammad Al-Baltaji and Hazem Farouq.

Al-Baltaji, who is deputy secretary-general of the Muslim Brotherhood parliamentary bloc in Egypt, said at a March 2010 conference, “A nation that excels at dying will be blessed by Allah with a life of dignity and with eternal paradise.” He also said that his movement “will never recognize Israel and will never abandon the resistance,” and that “resistance is the only road map that can save Jerusalem, restore the Arab honor, and prevent Palestine from becoming a second Andalusia.[1]

gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

Interesting that a majority of those arrested have no identification on them. Just another piece of the puzzle I suppose. This is clearly playing out as a planned event to add martyrs to the greater cause of enacting all out war against Israel in this region. [/quo

Oh My. The piece you referenced was submitted to gatewaypundit.firstthings.com BY.....
............... OH NO ! my.ynet.co.il...

Ynetnews
127 Yigal Allon Street
Tel Aviv 67433 Israel

How about we wait awhile until we can get some independent investigation. Just a suggestion.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

What does a skipping record sound like??

Once again, if you can't refute the facts you attack the source. I could do this all day

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

reply to post by dazbog

What does a skipping record sound like??

Once again, if you can't refute the facts you attack the source. I could do this all day

What Facts ?
I am not attacking the OP, I am questioning his AND your sources for said, alleged 'facts'. I have no idea if these ( facts ) are fact or fiction and neither do either of you.
And that Sir is the only fact I have been able to garner from this exchange.
You simply link three sources, none of which overtly appear to be biased. Upon closer examination ( I assume this is what we all do here ) of the authors, all of your alleged facts come from Israel or influential individuals who champion Israel. And yet you somehow conclude these alleged facts
are in no way slanted in favor of the authors cause. That simply makes no sense.
Until a third independent party can confirm or deny what actually transpired, it is just propaganda. I'm sorry if you don't like that, but in any conflict of this nature both sides must have a say. Imagine an apparent news source that claimed this encounter is "Yet another example of Israels barbaric murderous policies" Authored by J. Kirkland. You look up J. Kirkland and lo and behold Ole Mr Kirkland is "The Director of Policy at the Islamic Policy Center " Would you question the validity of this source to be unbiased ??
If you are unwilling to consider this SIMPLISTIC concept I am genuinely speechless.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Israel breaks international law by killing people in international waters by floating this..... Did you really believe that it would all blow over??? As an Israeli citizen I will say that you are evil and do not represent me or my family.. As a former IDF soldier I will say that the current batch are crap...

This coaltion government does not represent me or my family and I wont pray for its blessing... The REAL israel would act righteously.. This never does...

The stupid goyim will always defend coz they think they get blessed because of it...
... Usefull idiots at best... The REAL israel is comming... Yeshua on the throne.. Where the whole world will be blessed.... This piece of crap blesses themselves and relys on wankers...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Yissachar1]

new topics

top topics

join