It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Commentary Thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Congradulations on the round three win BlackJackal, 6-2 is a decisive win.

I'm looking forward to our debate, probably something like "Is there a beginning and end to the cosmos"

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm thinking of a topic more along the lines of "Is Air Alive?"

er... good job mates

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ok, last one is off and racing.

..and yes I'm aware of the SNL gag, and also aware I'm sitting on a goldmine.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Saw the topic for the final. WOW, with these 2 guys it's going to be good. Buckle up friends, were in for a doozy. BTW Kano, you seem to be exhibiting a silly walk, might want to get that looked at.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I just wanted to say congratulations to BlackJackal and goodluck in the final to both competitors.

JB1

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
I just wanted to say congratulations to BlackJackal and goodluck in the final to both competitors.

JB1

JB1 I appreciate That

I wish we could have got a topic that you were more up to speed on. For one you live in England not in the USA so most of it is foreign to you anyways. I would love to debate you some time on a mutally agreeable topic.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Good luck in the final round BlackJackal and Phoenix

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well I just read the topic for the final. I was really thinking it was going to be something like:

Warp Speed a possiblitly

or

Dennis Rodman Alien or human

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The debate final is now over and all that is left is for the decision.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank phoenix for a very challenging and enjoyable debate.

Also I think everyone that participated in this debate deserves a round of applause for the hard work they put in to make this a possibility.

Last but not least, Thank you Kano for putting this all together for all of us.

Also the nameless judges who labor for us contestants all the while knowing they receive no recognition.

My hat is off to everyone.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hey decent job guys. The debate came to form towards the end, imho. Perhaps next time we can suggest topics and vote one them. The quality of the debate tournament shouldn't be left to chance and raw ability, but to considered selection.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Hey decent job guys. The debate came to form towards the end, imho. Perhaps next time we can suggest topics and vote one them. The quality of the debate tournament shouldn't be left to chance and raw ability, but to considered selection.

Sorry to disagree. Given a topic out of the blue helps to hone the skills. I think it should remain random. Excellent job both Phoenix and Jackal. I await the outcome, can't tell this one. Overall, this was the best tourny yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Sorry to disagree. Given a topic out of the blue helps to hone the skills. I think it should remain random. Excellent job both Phoenix and Jackal. I await the outcome, can't tell this one. Overall, this was the best tourny yet.

I agree, a quick review of previous debate finals will show the topics are of a quandery type subject. This allows the debators to develop themselves and the subject evenly rather than arguing much more popular subjects such as politics or morality etc where most people already have a position and opinion.

My opinion is that the more vague and esoteric the subject is, the better the final will be.

I want to compliment BlackJackel for holding a tenacious stand on his(corrected) side of this debate, definitely made it interesting for me and hopefully others.
I always learn so much in each debate and thats the "fun" of it for me.

Hats off to BlackJackal and all others who have participated and thanks for the opportuinity to learn so much.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I want to compliment BlackJackel for holding a tenacious stand on his/her side of this debate

I am a he but thanks for the politically correct congrats.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Before the winner is announced, congratulations to both of you
and those who made it possible.

I thoroughly enjoyed that.

I only recently delved into the debates forum and it was the first debate that I followed post by post. I will be looking forward to the next round.

Edit: Memory Lapse

[edit on 8/4/2004 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Congatulations BlackJackal on your win in this Tournament

Good Luck to those going after him in the next Tournament

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
Congatulations BlackJackal on your win in this Tournament

Good Luck to those going after him in the next Tournament

Thank You very much!! You talk like your not going to be entering the next tournament, I very much hope you will.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I would like to take this time to thank everyone once again for making this tournament a reality. I have enjoyed myself greatly and made several new friends along the way. I just have to say that everyone who has participated in the tournament, both actively and behind the scenes, are top notch.

I don�t care what anybody says the community here at ATS is the best, bar none, anywhere.

Again thank you to everyone and I really mean it.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I would have entered, but I can only really argue points that I actually agree with.

[Edited on 7-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
eliminating BlackJackal in any round that I encounter him in
Bring it On!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
eliminating BlackJackal in any round that I encounter him in
Bring it On!

Wake Up!

*Gives ktprktpr a gentle shake*

Man you've been dreaming again.

---Just Kidding I also look forward to a rematch.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join