It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Commentary Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Results are up. Round two debates should be up and open in about 12 hours.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Good job BlackJackal. The wait is over and your path opens before. Perhaps next time

EDIT- In a way it is almost a relief because I have a lot of homework and I'm scrambling to find a job. I doubt I'd be quite up to it the next time around, in 12 hours.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Great Job BlackJackal....

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Congratulations BlackJackal and to all winners in round one.

See you all in round 2

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Congratulations BlackJackal, that was an outstanding debate. ktpr, the best I can say is I'm glad I won't have to face you in a later round.

Let round two begin! I wonder what topics Kano has for us; they are supposed to be more difficult, which is scary considering the difficulty of some of the round one topics. In any case, good luck to all the remaining debators!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Bump that sorry guys, a ton of work just landed in my lap. Round 2 should be up before friday night.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
ktprktpr,

Even though the decision has been handed down, I can't quite say that I feel relieved. I actually feel torn. On one hand I am happy for the victory but on the other I feel horrible because it is at your expense. I may have won the debate but I gained more from the experience of getting to know ktprktpr the person.

I just want to say the you have my utmost respect and thank you for the fight of a lifetime.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
And one more thing,

Good luck to everyone in Round Two!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Whenever we go, we go, thanks for doing all this Kano! Also, thank you judges!

That was amazing, I had been trying to decide whether I should read the debates and strategise around them, or completely ignore the other debates and press forward with whatever I could muster regardless.. My attempted ignorance was blatantly denied, as goes the motto.

Great job, ktpr and jackal, good luck to both of you, hooray for round two!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'll miss you Ktpr. I really will :up

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Oh my dear lord no.

Well folks, I've enjoyed being in the tournament, and, heh..

Looks to be a fun challenge.

Seriously though, I have to say that I want the whales to be killed? I can take a few good stances, but, whoosh.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Viendin]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Uhmm. Viendin You won right?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
JB-1 do feel as if you are being followed, is there a sense of trouble in the air, are you looking over your shoulder yet?

They ARE coming to get you, you know - the juggernaut is out there searching for............you

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Round 2 is Up!!!!!! Lets get ready to Rumble!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Post 1 Round 2 - Made by Me.

Yes John, I won against benjj, who was a grand opponent and it was a great debate to participate in, but now I face you on the subject of whaling - and have made my opening statement.

After making that statement, I see my stance (as I make clear) an advantage, so, hurrah. As it stands I could win, we'll just see what direction you take this - it all depends, and it looks to be a hell of a lot of fun. Good luck Sir Bull, I'll do my best to be relentless, and if I'm lucky, I'll put an end to your reign of terror.

Hurrah for Debatism!

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Hm, that was a bold start, Viendin. This is going to be fun!

Tough topics again, this time - and it's unfortunate that the noble PurdueNuc has landed a medical research topic again!

Studying the debates, I can foresee four viciously fought campaigns, and I don't think anyone's going to have an easy ride in the next round.

Go to it, gladiators. We who remain behind - *sniff* - go with you in spirit.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hehe Viendin, the Kano.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
What exactly are we playing for again?

I already have an email adress.

Is there a point award for advancing like last time?

I want the loot Kano!

[edit on 27-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I knew I forgot something.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Rightey, done. Points were 1k/500 for the first round.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join