It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Commentary Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The suspence is now officially taking its toll on me.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I to. I've emailed Kano with a query...

EDIT- did you notice that our debate has teh most views so far. It started like in 5th place or something. I guess quality rises to the top.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
EDIT- did you notice that our debate has teh most views so far. It started like in 5th place or something. I guess quality rises to the top.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by ktprktpr]

Not until you just mentioned it but yeah it does. I suppose there are more people than me and you that want to see the outcome.

I honestly think that the first round of this tourny was very well fought by everyone involved. Congrats to all the participants.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It was a helluva debate, damn shame one of you has to go. The reason it's taking so long is because it's damn hard to choose. You both did such an incredible job. This seemed like a final, not an opening round debate. You're right, a lot of people are awaiting this outcome.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
*hoovers and dusts cobwebs away*

kano...this decade would be nice!!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah you guys are being made to wait unfairly long, I imagine we'll have to peel you of the ceiling soon.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
No, this is the new Iron-Balls debate system. The judges don't really exist, Kano's just having a few days off - but the first person to freak out and quit ATS in a hail of flames and warnings, loses. C'mon ktprktpr and BlackJackal, you can take the pressure!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm sorry guys. It's been a while and I now have kids and have to take them to daycare. My wife will get mad and at 43 my blood pressure just can't take it anymore...

psych!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don't know ktprktpr seems to be doing better than me. I have started overdosing on Caffeine pills so that I can watch the thread every moment of every......hehehehehehe...um............yeah.....day...............hehhahahehahea

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Dont' mind me. I'm just testing to see if my Avatar was successfully uploaded. I had to remove smut.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I dunno dude. I got freaking kids and I haven't even named them yet. I'll call one Forever and the other one Eternity. Seems fitting. Then I'll eat them in a fit of rage. *burp*

Maybe we'll both win?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Kids??? I thought that I had kids but ummmm I can't find them now. I think there still at daycare ummmmm maybe I was supposed to pick them up a few days ago....... No time for that have to monitor ATS cannot leave.

If we both win can we tag team on the next opponent??

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I know that the debate is over but the real number on the terrorist attacks has just came out thought you would be interested in reading them.

www.abs-cbnnews.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Heheh you tricky bastard. I bet you some judges are reading this right now.

Actually even 725 people dead is nothing. I mean, come on, they're 16 billion people in the world or something.More people die from accidents than from terrorism. (hmm i dont want to start the debate over....)

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Heheh you tricky bastard. I bet you some judges are reading this right now.

Actually even 725 people dead is nothing. I mean, come on, they're 16 billion people in the world or something.More people die from accidents than from terrorism. (hmm i dont want to start the debate over....)

Yes I know the debate is over but I don't think any judges are looking here I think they are all vacationing in Cancun.

OH and yes many more die from other things than from Terrorism

41,200 deaths related to motor vehicle accidents,
16,600 in falls at home and on the job,
4,100 from water in drowning,
9,400 from poisoning, in the same year,
3,700 due to fire or burns,
3,200 due to choking, and
900 from accidental gun discharges

but hey the debates over

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hey I got a proposition. After we both get kicked out of the debate tournemant would you be interested in the same debate but swaping sides?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I'm sorry guys. It's been a while and I now have kids and have to take them to daycare. My wife will get mad and at 43 my blood pressure just can't take it anymore....
psych!

Well, there's one positive, I found out that you are a year older than me. I'm not the senior cit. here.

Yes, I would like to see you debate this from the opposing side. Maybe the only way to break this deadlock. Honestly, if I had to pick a winner, I'd have to flip a coin, which isn't fair, you guys were just so damn good.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Hey I got a proposition. After we both get kicked out of the debate tournemant would you be interested in the same debate but swaping sides?

lmao, that might be fun. For those that don't know, during some back stage conferring, it turned out that BlackJackal somehow thinks the US is winning the War on Terror, while I think the opposite. I admit, by debating the other side, I changed my mind a little bit. But the evidence is overwhelming.

Let's see how things go, and I'll take it up if you're willing. (if my situation permits).

BTW interpid - I was joking
I am 24, just like BlackJackal.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

BTW interpid - I was joking
I am 24, just like BlackJackal.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ktprktpr]

Now whyd you have to haul off and make him feel old Ktpr :p

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join