It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COREXIT Rain in Montreal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
It's raining heavily today in southern Quebec. I live in a town about 45 minutes outside of Montreal. In driving in today I noticed that there were long trails of soap-like suds all over the roads. The same was true when I got to Montreal, 45 minutes away by car: soap like suds everywhere. Now I've heard that Corexit is similar in composition to dish detergent, and Montreal is in line with weather systems that come up from the gulf.

Has anyone noticed the same thing in their area?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Im in Quebec City, on Sunday we had smoke from the forest fires up north blow into the city, but it just started raining this morning. I am about to leave. I will watch for this.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Also, can anyone who is familiar with this stuff confirm that it could be:

1) swept up by weather systems

2) would look like dish soap if churned up by traffic

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This from a Daily Herald article:

Nalco, a global company that provides water processing solutions, first had access to Corexit in the 1990s, when it had a joint venture with its energy solutions business with Exxon Mobil. By 2001, the joint venture was dissolved and Nalco continued with Corexit, Pajor said.

The product is often shipped in bulk by tank trucks or by planes. It is then sprayed at the oil spill site from airplanes or boats. The product then acts like a dish soap to separate the oil from the water.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

I am in Ottawa and all I smelled was smoke from the fires.
It was pretty smoky here too.
I was surprized as you guys are quite a ways away.
Lets hope the rain helps.

Its currently raining here and all looks normal in my neck of the woods.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

no probably some stuff on the street

im in gatineau quebec and nothing here...it is raining but no soap

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

It's strange though that that I noticed the same thing in two cities that were 45 minutes apart by car. I have never seen anything like this.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

meaby stuff they use in the sweepers truck around montreal

where are you north of montreal or south?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by hornyana_jones]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

Well, it's not just in Montreal. It is also on the streets in a town that is about 75 miles away to the north. Again, I have never seen this before. Also the sweepers passed about a month or more ago.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think the soapy substance seen might be from the trees and plant life, Im trying to remember what it is exactly called but Im drawing blanks at the moment. Give me a few minutes and I will see if I can pull anything off the net.

Here is a current Jet stream map of the states, I don't believe chemicals from the Gulf could travel through the air up to Canada at the moment based from the Jet stream map.

www.intellicast.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

yeah we mostly get affected by the great lake here in quebec...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

I hope you are right, but I saw the suds in the downtown core of montreal, where there is very little vegitation of any kind.
I have a bad feeling about this. I'm almost sure that I am right. Or at least, if it is not Corexit, then there is something in the rain water that is causing the soapy apprearance.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

meaby it could be what the use to patch crack in the asfalt

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
'im forever blowing bubbles', no but seriously guys this is bad news if its true, it will enter the fod chain ect ect

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Any chance you could get some pictures of it?

I did a couple quick searches but had no luck with what I'm referring to, I will keep looking for the name of it.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Here is what I found,

able2know.org...

www.emmitsburg.net...

If you notice numerous masses of a foamy, spit-like substance in your evergreen trees this year you are not alone. I have received well over thirty phone calls and have been brought at least seven branch samples this week exhibiting this condition. Deep inside the foam is an insect commonly called a Spittlebug or froghopper. Spittlebug is not considered a serious pest, although this year we are seeing unusually high populations.

This was from a couple years ago.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It happens occasionally here in my area. Pretty sure it's from cloud seeding.

Water will be will have a bubbly white foam on top.

A first, I thought it was the asphalt. But I've seen the same thing on a hard dirt road. It has to be in the rain.

Chemtrails?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hello silenceisall,

I'm in Longueuil, and there's no soap like stuff on the streets here. But in the past, I've noticed this bubble stuff on the ground after rain. It may be pollution in the rain interacting with the one on the ground.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
Im in Quebec City, on Sunday we had smoke from the forest fires up north blow into the city, but it just started raining this morning. I am about to leave. I will watch for this.

Have you noticed the color of the moon in the sky Sunday evening about an hour before sunset? I have never see the moon that color. It was dark pink almost red, almost scary. I also live in Quebec city.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

yep saw that moon it was beautifull

i am in gatineau but i remember years back when i was living in quebec city the moon was that color but way bigger

it was a big astronomical event people where looking with there telescope all over...iyt was all over the news to

begining of the 90's

top topics

<<   2 >>

join