It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Sissy Boys Allowed.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Im more than aware, and I misstated that. It was average test in men between the ages 16-40 (I need to find the graph again). It wasnt a broad generalization of all men alive.

Also, as far as buying a personality goes...

I was not referring to the purchasing power of any generation. I was simply referring to the differences in popular culture. A harder, and more firm generation had the likes of John Wayne and his characters whereas this softer generation has Adam Lambert and Ryan Seacrest.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

And these modern times also feature people like this, this, and this.

Either you live in a house with a bunch of teenage girls or you have bad taste. There are many examples of the typical alpha male to be found in today's media. These "references" in popular culture are FICTION. They are designed to sell something. This is where the "buying" of personality comes in.

You are going to have to link your study for analysis. There are many factors in regards to hormone balance. One of the biggest causes of it is being overweight. And you do realize you live in a country where 60% of the population is overweight? That could very well be another factor.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by RicketyCricket

And these modern times also feature people like this, this, and this.

Either you live in a house with a bunch of teenage girls or you have bad taste. There are many examples of the typical alpha male to be found in today's media. These "references" in popular culture are FICTION. They are designed to sell something. This is where the "buying" of personality comes in.

I'm confused and a little jealous? Do these guys live in housefuls of teenage women? Do I have to get rich to get a deal like that, or can I just adopt?

J/K! sheesh!

I really am confused though. With the exception of 50 cent, what is wrong with the other two as role models? They are big and strong, but I am not aware of any scandals involving either of them, and The Rock is usually applauded for his attitude and approachability?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I really am confused though. With the exception of 50 cent, what is wrong with the other two as role models? They are big and strong, but I am not aware of any scandals involving either of them, and The Rock is usually applauded for his attitude and approachability?

Go back and read it and the post I responded to, these men normally play the part of Alpha males. I did not say I have an issue with them. It was an illustration of the "alpha male" in modern media. Despite all calls to the contrary I assure you the alpha male has not disappeared.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by redgy

Funny how i was ridiculed so much at school 18 years back, for being like this and now today meterosexuals are becoming a norm.

All you anti gay people make me laugh, at how you think males have to be like you wanting sex with females. Funny that. One day this whole male female thing will be gone hopefully, and i do not think anyone can really stop it and its just meant to be.

Damn I miss the good ole days. Sorry mate, can't see things your way.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It is society that is forcing the development of humans toward some of these "ideas" and "beliefs"...not our natural development. It is trends, it is "what I saw on TV". It is not part of the nature of the human animal.

As I've said a million times...if we (humans) would embrace the animal we are, accept it, learn to develop within it, we would all be a lot better off. It is only the human animal that tries to be something it is not. And in my opinion...to the destruction of the entire species.

It is like trying to make a lion a pet or forcing an elephant to perform. What we "do" is not always what we "are". What we "are" is our character and how we act and react when NOT being watched...when not dressing up...when we are, who we are. And what we are, isn't something to be ashamed of. It is something to celebrate.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

Na i prefer the meterosexual type, as i am that type of male. I think eventually meterosexuals are the way humans will go, until one day we will be 1 single gender.

I think this has been going on for a while too, as i was passive all my life, so humans have been changing for a while. I was called all the names under the sun for being like it years back, but we see today that alot more males are coming to be like me.

Oh what will females hoes do? lol

Really, learn what meterosexual means....

It's not 'undefined gender'... lol..

it's a guy who likes to look fancy, uses face creams, blah blah, but still likes women.

You're thinking androgynous.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by redgy

Funny how i was ridiculed so much at school 18 years back, for being like this and now today meterosexuals are becoming a norm.

All you anti gay people make me laugh, at how you think males have to be like you wanting sex with females. Funny that. One day this whole male female thing will be gone hopefully, and i do not think anyone can really stop it and its just meant to be.

So, you're not gay anymore? How did you pull that off (No pun intended)?

I thought you were ridiculed at school for saying things like Vaginas are nasty...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

OK, thanks.

I was confused, because I expected the link to go to some super alpha male living extravagantly with 4 or 5 models or strippers. I was picturing a young Hugh Hefner or a good looking Kid Rock, LOL!

I agree that the Alpha Male has not disappeared. Even Obama plays a good Alpha Male role. He is tall, dark, attractive, articulate, smooth and confident. Maybe no muscles, but still a typical Alpha Male.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wow, I am surprised about the overall stance on this issue here on ATS. I thought you were all freedom lovers? And now you're condoning something from China? What has gone on here? C'mon folks, deny ignorance. If men wanna be -Snip-, let 'em be -Snip-. If women want to be manly, let them do so! After all, it's not harming anyone!

But in all seriousness, people don't realize the effect of the alpha male on today's culture. Being a "manly man" in today's teenage culture means getting drunk every weekend, saying "screw it" to education, and going out to have a good time. It's about having sex with about as many women as you can and not feeling guilty about it, and it's about making sure that you can have the best time in your life with little regard for others. If you look at today's American pop culture, you cannot deny that.

Is this the sort of culture you want to grow up with? Men who are just mere grunts trying to reproduce for pleasure while we take advantage of "lesser" and "frail" women because the media tells them that they are supposed to have sex with a man if he wants it?

And you wonder why American politics is so corrupt. Perhaps it's because the same people going into politics are the same ones who have been involved with your disgusting culture

Mod Edit - For Obscene Terminology; Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 19:55:20 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

deleted a joke that would have been completely misunderstood in a thread like this

[edit on 1-6-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

reply to post by redgy

Yeah...uhhh...good luck with that. As far as I know, we still need males and females to breed. And to date...there have only been heterosexual species of animals. At least ones that still exist

But good luck with your sexual CHOICE.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDarlingFace

I was always a crier. I went to a military academy from 7th to 10th grade, and it didn't go over well. I still cry easily, but now it doesn't matter. I'm involved in very interesting areas, as well as being more powerful and richer then anyone I was in school with. These days I'm more prone to giggle...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The majority of Pop Culture is just that, FICTION. Pop Culture will always be used to sell something to a certain demographic. The demographic has changed dramatically. The age range is the same, maybe it differs by a few years now, as kids are maturing faster and people are living longer.

The demographic no longer knows what reality and hard work are. They think reality is the Hills, and hard work is taking out the trash. There was a difference a long long time ago, and people could differentiate real/fake.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicketyCricket
reply to post by antonia

The majority of Pop Culture is just that, FICTION. Pop Culture will always be used to sell something to a certain demographic. The demographic has changed dramatically. The age range is the same, maybe it differs by a few years now, as kids are maturing faster and people are living longer.

The demographic no longer knows what reality and hard work are. They think reality is the Hills, and hard work is taking out the trash. There was a difference a long long time ago, and people could differentiate real/fake.

Oh my goodness, another old person ragging on young people. perhaps it is the people you are surrounded by. I don't even know what the hills freaking is. Perhaps people live with each other because they saw their parents get divorced and are loathe to go through it themselves.

As for the demographic-nope. Sorry, I've worked in the entertainment business for years. Nothing changes, just some names faces and the clothes we put them in. There are still dumb action movies, sappy romances and general fakery. This has never changed. The Archetypes have never changed, this is why Hollywood can still sell stupidity to people. These are not indicators of how "sissy" or "-Snip-" everyone may or may not be.

Mod Edit - For Obscene Terminology; Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:45:12 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

don't even know what the hills freaking is.

Come on? Really? I am an old redneck and I know about The Hills. Heidi Montag? Plastic surgery trainwreck? Do you have a TV? I have never seen a single minute of the show, but I know the key players and their dirt!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I love my husband being a strong man. We cut wood together and he always lifts the heavier logs for me. He makes sure I don't do anything to hurt myself. He raised our sons that way too. He gets angry at them if I do heavy lifting when they could do it instead. It used to make me frustrated, but it really is his way of taking care of me. It is ok for a man to be a MAN and it is ok for a woman to be feminine. We have made a lovely home and family together. We compliment each other well.

I wonder if there is something in our food or environment that is making males more limp wristed. I blame soy products.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

VERY good post. The premise of this thread is totally brainless.
It seems that ATS has been taken over by 12-25 year old boys lately.
Big talk, no knowledge types.
That know EVERYTHING!
Maybe thats why ATS gets more boring by the week with it's oh so predictable threads and even more predictable responses.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

I blame soy products.

That's just as good a reason as any other!

LOLOLOLOL! Maybe too much air conditioning, or automatic transmissions? Maybe the microwave is to blame? Or schools getting such dang good bus routes? No more uphill in the snow both ways? That would make a man outta ya!

Battling lunch money bullies, rabid loose dogs without leashes, and that treacherous walk to school everyday, only to find teachers that wouldn't sleep with ya, old school books with facts and formulae instead of parable and hypotheses, then you got a tiny lunch tray and a whole milk in a paper carton? How did we ever get this far?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by antonia

Come on? Really? I am an old redneck and I know about The Hills. Heidi Montag? Plastic surgery trainwreck? Do you have a TV? I have never seen a single minute of the show, but I know the key players and their dirt!

I guess that would speak to what is important to me wouldn't it? I don't watch TV, don't follow any of it. Don't look at gossip mags. I had to look at that crap when I was a radio DJ and now that I am not one I want nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join