It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Sissy Boys Allowed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I agree with the OP and I complain about this regularly. The problem is that today boys are not allowed to be boys; when they're kids, they can't play with toy guns; no more cops and robbers or cowboys and indians or whatnot. They have to let the girls play with their trucks (those few who are allowed to have some) and they have to play with the girls' dolls.

Guess what? Boys are NOT girls and girls are NOT boys. Playing violent games doesn't make them violent, it allows them a peaceful way to release tension. All of these boys that are not allowed to play "violent" games look and act effeminate.

For thousands of years, men have been providers and warriors (and I'm not saying that women cannot be either or both) so it's ingrained in us, it's in our genes.

I see this young generation of boys with girl's hairstyles and makes me sick. If you're a man, then be one. It doesn't mean you have to burp and fart in public and show your buttcrack when you bend over, but at least try to look the part.

Men can be stupid; so let us be stupid. When we see a beautiful woman, let us act crazy; it doesn't hurt anyone. Except when you're not allowed to show it, then it gets bottled up and when it comes out, then it's dangerous.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with being a man.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

I think in jazz-twat's case, it's more that he wants people to think he's as great and amazing as he thinks he is, rather than actual validation - but that's beside the point.

It annoys me a little when I see men with nail varnish, make-up, and generally acting like women, but it annoys me only a little, and no more than when I see some idiot waddling...sorry, swaggering up the street knocking into people who don't get out of his way, shouting "what the # are you looking at" at anyone who even glances in his direction. To me, these morons who are just looking for a fight most of the time are even less manly to a degree.

'Annoys' is perhaps the wrong word, since...well, its absolutely non of my business. Just like it is not the business of anyone in this thread. If you can only feel manly by pointing at other people and calling them sissies and the like, then....ok

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Men these days are becoming (snip)

We are assuming here that an increase in testosterone will solve most of our future problems?? I thought most of our current problems came because of this..

Peace

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by asala]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by pieman

Pieman, I don't think we all have to be emotionally stunted dockworkers, and I love the Kipling poem! I like the reference to Shrek just as much though. "Ogres are like Onions, not Cakes, but Onions!" We have layers, and we are somewhat complicated.

Fighting is never the "only" solution, but it is ridiculous to take it off the table as one of the options. A man has to be "willing" to fight for what he believes, and also intelligent enough to see the whole situation, articulate his point of view, understand the other point of view, and work toward a resolution.

Unfortunately, the other party is not always so intelligent nor understanding, and when a point of impass is reached, a man should be willing and capable of defending his family, or his ideals with force when necessary. A man also has to be strong enough to endure what may come. Nobody wins every fight, and a man has to hold his head up, learn from his mistakes, refrain from being bitter or vengeful, and move on with his life lessons learned.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but when my dog of 16 years died a few months ago. I bucked up, brought in the kids (2 and 3 year olds), we layed by the dog, stroked him, talked about life and death and such, we went out in the 20 degree weather at 11:00 at night and dug a gigantic hole for a 100lb dog. We buried him by the light of the moon, we went inside and took showers, the wife put the kids to bed, and I went and had some alone time on the porch. Nobody saw me cry, I didn't wait for a better time to do what was necessary, I didn't hide the death from the kids, and I didn't back away from their difficult questions. My young boys did not need to see their father cry over a dog. They needed to see their father deal with the situation at hand promptly, sincerely, and with resolve. They were allowed to cry, nobody was going to stop them, although neither of them did. Their momma cried, because that is what momma's do! They hugged her, and she was crying and smiling at the same time.

We are men! We take the lumps for our women. We take the lumps for our families, we endure whatever life throws at us, and we keep moving forward. There is a time and a place for crying, or reflecting, or being emotional, and that time is either alone in solace, or in the arms of our woman on the rare occasions where we need put back together again!

well said. People need a good balance of emotion and machismo. there is a time and place for everything. the trick is knowing which.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

Second example: Me. I am not particularly manly, I'm quite shy and I'm terrible at talking to people. I am good, however, at knowing my feelings, helping other people feel better about themselves etc (eg a girl regularly used to come to me crying because she knew I'd make her feel better, and she'd go away smiling). I very rarely get angry and I avoid confrontation. I don't go in for 'manly' activities such as contact sports, body-building (if that can be called manly - debatable, me thinks); mostly I sit and play Mass Effect in my spare time. I'm a writer.

So am I one of these sissies? Am I a '-Snip-' as the OP moronically put it?

There is an old saying, ïf it looks like a duck & quacks like a duck then its a duck.

Here's another quote: don't talk #.

You are clearly oh-so manly, sitting here whining like a little girl, making a whole thread about men on a forum (which we all know is the hight of man-hood), so perhaps, you'll be the one to actually explain what makes a man? Or are you going to go with "if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you"
Perhaps you'll even use those few manly brain cells to work out how exactly your little saying there even makes sense in relation to my post. If you think it does...

Actually, I just realised, you probably won't be able to complete that sentance for yourself, will you? Here: If you think it does, you're a complete -Snip-.

So again, to reiter...sorry to repea...sorry, to again say what I said before: what makes a 'real man'?

Mod Edit - For Obscene Terminology; Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:39:45 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Metrosexuals have a good use though, women are pretty quick in understanding having a *homosexual as a boyfriend isnt the best situation, makes life a lot easier for real men.

*Edited to replace (possibly) offensive slang.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
After reading everyone's replies so far, I believe that no one here knows what they're talking about.

Firstly, the chinese, as always, take things to the next pointless level. Making kids promise to become manlier is a sure way to create more tension and more divide between "alpha-males" and "sissies".

But as pointless as that is, I see a lot of guys saying it would be nice to end fights with fists again. I see a lot of people being offended by believing that they themselves are the "sissies" of the world.

I do not CARE about your "metrosexual" types or "homosexual" types or whatever sexual thing you think you are.

In my personal opinion, lack of intelligence is rampant from individuals who believe that gender, sexuality, or color matter for anything besides MEDICAL EMERGENCIES. They are physical attributes and must be dealt with purely physically.

Now as for all you guys who want to hit a guy in the face, get over yourself. IT takes a stronger man to absorb the frustration and have a chat about the stupidity. If you must resort to defending yourself, don't feel proud that you skinned your knuckles on the idiot's face. You should be angry at the idiot for feeling like he/she had something to prove.

As for all you guys who want to defend their, for lack of a better term, "lack of manliness", get over yourselves. Everyone is afraid, but y'all take afraid to the next level - a dangerous level. Why be so afraid when you're going to die someday? How incredibly pathetic is that? Being passive is NOT a good thing. Being aggressive is a staple of being a man! Aggressive doesn't always have to be a negative thing. IT can be a positive thing as long as you try to keep the right attitude.

Competition arises from aggression. The trick is not to be a prick when you lose!

But of course, some people will lose more than others... then they become afraid. Cry me a danged river. I bet the "metros" here have had a LOT less run-ins with people - especially since you aren't Tarzan the Christian! Try that one on for size, yeah?

Except I was raised by no fools. I can think, react, and move faster than everyone I know. I can lift more than most people my weight. I can throw faster and farther than -anyone- I know. I learn more quickly than anyone I know. In fact, there isn't a thing that I can't do. Most everything I've put my mind to is accomplished.

And yet, I am also pretty good at making people feel unthreatened and therefore less likely to want to fight. In fact, one of the most common ways for me to dissolve a fight is to have the idiots start making fun of me and saying how I'm "not worth the effort". All the while, they fail to realize that it was my idea all along.

An earlier poster indicated that you don't see tough people involved with higher learning. If you don't know my posts in threads, then I suggest you refer to Dr. Klitschko.

He has the highest knockout percentage (95%) of any heavyweight boxing champion in overall fights. He also holds the distinction of being a three time world heavyweight champion, having previously held the WBO and WBC titles, and has never been knocked out or knocked down in any professional boxing bout.

His younger brother, Wladimir Klitschko, is the current IBF, WBO, IBO and Ring Magazine world heavyweight champion. Vitali is the first professional boxing world champion to hold a Ph.D. (in sports science).

Source

Well, now that I've embarrassed myself a bit, Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Metrosexuals have a good use though, women are pretty quick in understanding having a fag as a boyfriend isnt the best situation, makes life a lot easier for real men.

LOL at least this guys looking at the positives. cant argue with that logic. but i gotta say there are as many women out there who are sick of the alpha male types as much as there are those so hate the wimpy weak types. the alpha stereo type anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Metrosexuals have a good use though, women are pretty quick in understanding having a fag as a boyfriend isnt the best situation, makes life a lot easier for real men.

LOL! We just had this talk this weekend. My brother is a big ol' hairy dude. Most of the guys at the barbeque were pretty big hearty fellas. My brother's wife used to always date pretty boys. Well-dressed, banker types. (For the record, everyone there had college degrees, with some Masters and PhD's as well, but we are also pretty rednecky. LOL.)

Now, my brother said that he was recently commenting on some pretty guy at the mall and asking his wife if the guy was attractive. She told him that she is no longer attracted to that type of guy at all. She said if he ever has to worry about another man, it will be a bigger, hairier tougher man than him! She isn't going back to the sissy-boy type after having a real man!

Now, this presents a problem for my brother. Because, although the comment was a compliment, and he is happy to know his wife is attracted to him, he now has to worry! If she finds a man bigger, hairier, and tougher than him, what will he be able to do about it? At least he could beat up the pretty boys!
Not that she is out looking for other men, and finding a hairier guy them him is probably impossible, but it is still quite a conundrum to think about?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

you might want to reread my post sunshine. i said MOST meaning that the majority are not rocket scientists. and he is a sports scientist. i dont think 50 years down the track we are going to be holding public holidays in his name.

regardless, you bragging about how great you are only indicates one thing....that you havent met enough people. there is always somebody stronger faster smarter and younger than you. no matter how much of a hero you think you are.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I'd still rather meet Klitscko in a dark alley than Tyson!

Maybe I could negotiate with him? Maybe he wouldn't rape me? Maybe I could duck and dive and get away?

I think Tyson could rape me, eat my ears, tie me into a pretzel and stuff me in his gym bag!

Now, I am a pretty big, tough fellow, as I have mentioned plenty, but I am not so stupid as to think that a world class fighter couldn't have their way with me, and that is scary for anybody! Think Prison Sex!

This scenario is where the need for a man's fortitude and endurance come in. If I were ever raped by a Tysonesque type of guy, I would have to just move on with my life, and view it for what it was, and continue on my journey. No use crying over....well you get it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher

'Annoys' is perhaps the wrong word, since...well, its absolutely non of my business. Just like it is not the business of anyone in this thread. If you can only feel manly by pointing at other people and calling them sissies and the like, then....ok

You're right, it's no one's business but I think it's somewhat a visual display of lack of enlightenment when people put on a front and if we were all more enlightened the world would be a better place - hence the rise in frustration.

I don't think people on here are enhancing their manlyness by making the observations, atleast I'm not... It's not about feeling manly, I just think it's a topic which stirs emotions for reasons stated above.

I agree with what you say about the 'carpet carriers' swaggering, they for some reason believe they need to flaunt their aggression.... but is this natural? Did we 'peacock' around like this when we lived in caves?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I don't agree that your reason are why this thread was started, by I do agree that it is the fact that people are putting on a false front that could be problematic. But not everyone does it for that reason. Some just like to look/act that way - it's just natural to them.

I wonder, do the people who have a problem with these people because they are not manly enough have a problem with gay men? And if not, why not? Surely there isn't a lot of difference (except in the case of those who are just insecure and doing it for those reasons). Surely, if that is how you want to dress, look and act, then it is more manly to do so, knowing that you will be ridiculed and called sissies and -Snip- by morons, than it is to decide to pretend to be traditionally manly, just to appease them. There's more courage in the former, surely?

Also, to clarify, it is those who simply like to be like that who I don't mind and think (or rather know) that we have no business telling them how they should be. Those who put on a false act to hide their insecurities etc are different. Though they still don't deserve ridicule - perhaps help.

And yes, I'm sure cavemen did act that way. However, cavemen had predators to fight off, including other cavemen wanting their women or whatever - we don't, for the most part. Cavemen did not have the level of speech, intelligence and civility that we do (supposedly do). So to revert back to caveman behavior is stupid and inexcusable, as far as I am concerned.

That's not to say that I wouldn't like to be able to just punch someone when words fail me, but luckily I don't usually come across assholes who bring up this feeling very often.

Mod Edit - For Obscene Terminology; Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 19:49:05 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What a load of old Cr*p!

Men becoming less like men and less masculine, really?
So as soon as a man shows emotion he's a sissy, or takes pride in his appearance, hence the metrosexual, he's a pussie? And that same man isn't able to stand up for himself in a fight or show bravery and courage?

The sole reason why the metrosexual thing took off is because women love it! Metrosexual men get the best looking girls and have lots more sex.

Sure there are some women out there that are attracted to violent, stinking, sweaty pigs, that reek of BO, take a bath once a month and gives her a slap every now and again.
Most women like and are turned on by a clean guy, who uses his head rather than his fists to sort things out. It shows maturity and gives her an idea of how he will treat her and their possible future family.

As for us becoming one sex, well i can't see the day when men stop developing a penis and women stop having a vagina and breasts.

Sure the role and behaviour of both sexes will one day hopefully merge into one, what a great day that would be, true freedom from what society expects us to be or behave.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Some men are naturally more aggressive and macho than others, that's the way of the world.
Doesn't make them better people, just better suited to different roles, jobs etc.

I personally find the 'latino' 'macho' thing quite ridiculous but I would suspect that people would describe me as a typical man's man.

But I like and appreciate diversity and individuality, but not when it is contrived as it seems to be far too often nowadays.

In the UK we went through a period where competetive sports were discouraged in schools.
Fortunately this policy has been reversed recently

I can't see the human race developing into a single gender species.
There are no known examples within the animal kingdom, at least not to my knowledge.

If we were to develop that way it would be at our own interference.
And whilst I am all for the benefits that science can and will be able to provide in the future I feel that maybe a dangerous road to go down and could only result in disaster.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Well this is the thing, a lot of people seem to think that if you dissagree with the way society is going such as the feminization of the male population you must somehow be an ignorant tough guy moron. I dont really see it that way, and to be honest i do consider myself an alpha male, especialy when im in the city on a friday night and surrounded by a lot of dudes who couldnt fight there way out a paper bag. But im pretty much just a normal hard working guy, a bit rough admitadly, but wtf i aint wearing perfume and i think women in general feel a lot safer with someone like me, knowing that i can take care of myself and protect and provide for them when need be. Wearing makeup and jewelry and generaly mincing around does not inspire this.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

many prophecies stated that men will be like women and women will be like men during the end times. This is from Revelations to the hopi prophecies. This world has become a hell of sorts.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

lol he needs to sign up for rugged beard surgery immediatly, head into the great north woods, chop down 50 of the largest trees and single handedly build a log cabin for his woooman just to aleviate any paranoia.

Murdering a grizzly bear to death in the face with his bare hands may also help buy him the precious time he needs lol. Well, untill i show up at least anyway OHHHHH YEEEEAAHHH

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Hear, Hear! I agree wholeheartedly. All genders need to learn to tough up, drastically. If you can't take at least one blow to the face, don't go outside. You must be having trouble living on your own anyway, so just have your in-hone caretaker do the shopping. Minor, harmless physical violence is an effective and eloquent means of communication, not a crime. Whupping someone until they can't think straight isn't going to teach them anything, but leaving a few knives stuck in a purse-nabber, now I'm pretty sure we can all agree that's a lesson.
All persons should have physical structures which can withstand several physical blows, just like we are expected to have working immune systems, emotional systems, etc. No one is (in rational states) arrested for sneezing, not washing their hands when they tinkle, or for calling people names. You're supposed to be able to take a little of that. Same thing goes for hitting. Sure, it's childish and irrational, but so are we all sometimes. No one gets arrested for that either, or half the television talking heads would already be behind bars.
I have friends in europe who say that the general going rule in many places is one blow. Anyone is allowed one free blow, and their "victim" one returning blow, only upon the third is it considered a fight. Growing up a children in the U.S., this was also pretty much the same rule.
So, to sum it up, a little hitting is not only okay, it's healthy.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
What a load of old Cr*p!

Men becoming less like men and less masculine, really?
So as soon as a man shows emotion he's a sissy, or takes pride in his appearance, hence the metrosexual, he's a pussie? And that same man isn't able to stand up for himself in a fight or show bravery and courage?

The sole reason why the metrosexual thing took off is because women love it! Metrosexual men get the best looking girls and have lots more sex.

Sure there are some women out there that are attracted to violent, stinking, sweaty pigs, that reek of BO, take a bath once a month and gives her a slap every now and again.
Most women like and are turned on by a clean guy, who uses his head rather than his fists to sort things out. It shows maturity and gives her an idea of how he will treat her and their possible future family.

As for us becoming one sex, well i can't see the day when men stop developing a penis and women stop having a vagina and breasts.

Sure the role and behaviour of both sexes will one day hopefully merge into one, what a great day that would be, true freedom from what society expects us to be or behave.

Probably put it better than me. I always thought the term 'metrosexual' referred to men who could take care of themselves if need be, but were also capable of being all-round productive members of society, rather than shaves apes. There is no reason why a man can't be sensitive and have feelings and be able to talk to women properly and so on, but also not be a pushover if someone attacked him or something.

As I said in my first post, I'm not the sterotypical man's man (the type which is becomming more and more laughable, I might add), but if fore some reason I had to, I'd take anyone down quickly and quietly...then leave before the lawyers arrived

That's one thing that does annoy me, in relation to this. I think that if it was necessary, we should be able to put an end to an argument or confrontation with a fist, and not get arrested. Sometimes it actually is necessary, when someone just cannot be reasonsed with, and you are unable to walk away (or unwilling - I don't think I could bring myself to just walk away if someone was in my face; perhaps that's a failing).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join