It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Sissy Boys Allowed.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Dude, let's not assume a groomed male is metrosexual. I'm a pretty hairy guy by nature (though not my back thank God). About every two months I go to a lady who uses trimmers and goes from head to toe (uses a "one" clipper guard). Arms, chest, legs and the unmentionables, front and back. Some of you guys might think that makes me metro sexual, but I just don't like to be nasty. But I shave with soap, don't use "products," shampoo with whatever is there. I'm over 6'3", 215 pounds, almost as strong as my soldier days. I bike, kayak, work out. At 46 I am in better shape than most men half my age. I also care about how I dress (mostly), say "please," "thank you" and open doors for whoever is behind me -- man or woman. Am I metrosexual?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bommer09

One of the best lines in a movie that is relevant to this topic, as said by the flaming, cross-dressing gay black guy in "RENT" to a redneck: "I am more man than you'll ever be and more woman than you'll ever get." And you know what, he was right. he was gay as the flowers in June, but he had some serious balls to be himself inspite of all the hate.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Seriously interesting group there dude. Great to read the seeming paradoxical traits and know men like you and your friends are there.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

This is not "wrong" on all counts. These are all just examples of behaviors considered "masculine" taken to the extreme. Im not knocking on country boys at all. My family has a ranch and they go deer-hunting every year, so I understand what its like to be involved with country boys on a daily basis. Every year I go to the deer hunt, however, I get called certain homophobic derogatory terms (although I have been married to my wife 2 years and in no way dress similar to gay stereotypes) just because I went to hang out with my family, not participate in the killing or eating of animals. Throughout the centuries armies were made entirely of men. Throughout the centuries men have traditionally been in the highest positions of power. Most political tyrants and imperialist, genocidal monarchs were men. Men have, almost universally, held the highest financial postions. Assuming they were growing up in more traditional settings, it is logical that they grew up with these "be a man" concepts, and expanded on them as they grew older.
Im not confusing masculinity with greed, our society is and has been for a long time. Masculinity in and of itself is not a bad concept, but men and women can both lean that way. If behavior is forced on someone of any gender, they will forcefully express these behaviors.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Dude, let's not assume a groomed male is metrosexual. I'm a pretty hairy guy by nature (though not my back thank God). About every two months I go to a lady who uses trimmers and goes from head to toe (uses a "one" clipper guard). Arms, chest, legs and the unmentionables, front and back. Some of you guys might think that makes me metro sexual, but I just don't like to be nasty. But I shave with soap, don't use "products," shampoo with whatever is there. I'm over 6'3", 215 pounds, almost as strong as my soldier days. I bike, kayak, work out. At 46 I am in better shape than most men half my age. I also care about how I dress (mostly), say "please," "thank you" and open doors for whoever is behind me -- man or woman. Am I metrosexual?

no offence but I think you might have mistaken me with Someone who cares what you do. I don't. And I never said a groomed male was metrosexual. In fact I never said anybody was anything. The fact that you can't even connect a user with the right post speaks volumes. Anyway if I were you I woulnt care what people thought about me. This whole post screams acceptence. If you need validation from strangers to be yourself then here it is.

No your not metrosexual. Ok there do you feel better now?

For those of you confused as to my stance on this topic I have none. I'm here only to question both your realities.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by TiM3LoRd]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by danny.boy.1975

I believe violence is necessary in some instances, and I believe anyone that thinks it can always be avoided is a sissy with no backbone.

Violence is only necessary if you are talking about self defence or protecting someone else from a violent attack.
Most people will only punch someone they see as weaker than them, that in itself shows little backbone.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Thanks for providing an example of a "-Snip-" I referenced in my first post. Must have back issues wearing that big chip on your shoulder there buddy. A good counselor or time spent exercising might be able to help you with your anger issues.

Mod Edit - For Obscene Terminology; Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:46:20 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The use of vulgar terminology stops now. There are ways to discuss this topic without resorting to the lowest common denominator. As well, the personal sniping will cease as well.

Further deviations from this point on may result in full post removal.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This has turned into a gay thread, the starter of this thread was wondering where all the males have gone. I don't think that nice guys = gay.

I'm a nice guy "most of the time", nobody is perfect. I only go into a fight only if I have to, I never start a fight. I don't mind that nice guys finish last with girls, and I know that for a fact. Most of the good looking girls are two faced evil bitches anyway....but wait there are exceptions among them also because most is not called all. If I go to the gym I do it to keep it healthy not to become a monkey. The alpha male will use more force and logic is for other people, it's why girls wonder why is he not also smart only strong, girls want it all, never happy hahaha. Wake up people, it has always been like this, it's nothing new. It's old stuff, it's how the world spins, there is a need for strong men but also for guys with brains otherwise the world will not function. Your operating system was built by a bunch of guys that are not that alpha so you can start this thread on ATS and also open up your computer and mingle with it, you know play and do stuff with it.

Being more of a nice guy and less of an alpha male does not equal gay, and yes for real screw the two faced bitches, who needs them anyway. If I want them I'll pay them, and have them, and when I want something real and serios I'll get a nice girl. One thing I have noticed It's always been like this, it's nothing new, what is new is that it's coming out because the world can communicate better this days over the internet.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
This has turned into a gay thread, the starter of this thread was wondering where all the males have gone. I don't think that nice guys = gay.

Being more of a nice guy and less of an alpha male does not equal gay,

Sorry to scare you but being a gay doesn't mean that you can't be macho or an alpha male either.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Tykonos]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Sorry to scare you but being a gay doesn't mean that you can't be macho or an alpha male either.

You got a point, so what was the original poster trying to say anyway

Did I say that?

All I said is that Being more of a nice guy and less of an alpha male does not equal gay, and I was right. You took it and turned it around.

You kind of added another point to my original idea...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hey people, pleasure to finally sign up here. Interesting topic. I dont think this school is going to workout. I feel its like a sort of childabuse thing. Or perhaps a method of brainwashing. And btw, im a bisexual male. you can ask me anything you want on the subject. And ill be happy to answer any question one might have about it. anyway, nice to be here.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

And for straight men, that is the scariest thing!

I think I said before, that I prefer the company of a masculine gay man over a metrosexual straight one on any day.

For some straight men though, it is scary to think of a bigger, tougher, more masculine man that might find them attractive! It makes sense to be afraid, in some irrational way, but if you think about it, women face that powerless rape fear every day, and they do it without developing irrational phobias.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Thanks for providing an example of a "-Snip-" I referenced in my first post. Must have back issues wearing that big chip on your shoulder there buddy. A good counselor or time spent exercising might be able to help you with your anger issues.

Mod Edit - For Obscene Terminology; Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:46:20 -0500 by MemoryShock]

Sorry if I hurt your feeling. But as I stated earlier I'm not here to make you feel good. If you have a problem with what I'm saying you need to ask yourself why what i say has an effect on you. Ever heard the term the truth hurts? Well regardless hope you find what your looking and don't concern yourself with me and my chip. We are both doing just fine. If I were you I would be more concerned with your need for aproval. This song and dance is getting old. And nothing new is being discussed here so I shall bid you all a good day. Remember it's not that bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Maybe these kids are seeming more effeminate because they are surrounded by millions of older Chinese males ready to find females, but they can't beccause there aren't any. Maybe these kids are using mimesis, they are just modeling their behaviors on older Chinese males who are lacking the female counterparts of their generation. Hope that makes sense. There's not exactly a plethora of females in China for all of the males. They are probably all demonstrating a more feminine element in their behavior due to a lack of feminine energy in their country.
Sad, but a golden opportunity for some millionaire entrepreneur with a cosmetic line of men's grooming products specifically designed for China's present and upcoming metrosexual generations

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I agree

Real Men are scarce

Evolution in progress, modern lifestyle don't need manly men that much. Now it's all about appearance, all that gel or working out just to show off. Gee where is the substance!
But it's also fair to say that women are becoming less feminine. The young generations can't even cook a decent meal if they bother cooking at all.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by TheOracle]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Great post!

In my school time there were no metrosexuals.
you were sissy or not. and bullying was not called bullying. it was called growing up!

few fists here, few fists there and you toughened up no matter were you gay or not.

i do not hate gays, i hate sissies. and i always protected weaker, but not sissies.

today it's cool to be sissy (looking at the comments). what a weird world.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

btw i cook in my home, so give women back their feminine side.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Do any of you even know what the term metrosexual means. It has absolutely nothing to do with a man's sexual preference or even being feminine in any way. In case you didn't know metrosexual is a term used to describe an URBAN male, regardless of sexual orientation, who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle. You might want to understand a term before you start talking about it. I am a metrosexual and I do not act feminine nor am I gay. What is so wrong about a man who takes care of his body and health? I do believe that there is a pussification of America going on but it has nothing to do with metrosexuals. It started when the courts said you can't spank your kid because its child abuse. I got my ass whooped when I was a kid and it has had no adverse effects on me. I am glad my parents whooped me because I am a much better person as an adult because of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
URBAN male, regardless of sexual orientation, who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle is SISSY!

SISSY!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join