It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
Turkey's prime minister is calling Israel's raid on a Gaza-bound Turkish aid vessel that killed nine people a "bloody massacre," and warns that no one should test Turkey's patience.
He says "this attack is on international law, the conscience of humanity and world peace."
- What Israel did is very low, and it feels no shame for the crime it has committed.
- No one should test Turkey’s patience, and Turkey will be strong and firm in response to any aggression.
- Our friendship is strong, but everyone must understand that our rivalry is also very strong.
- Israel must lift the Gaza blockade immediately.
- Israel does not admit to [others] rights, and it threatens peace.
- Israeli excuses for its raid [on a Gaza-bound aid convoy] are unacceptable.
Erdogan to speak to Obama tonight to tell him what really happened
still I'm trying to figure out why this act from Israel infront of everybody?
Israel's Blockade of Gaza Strip to Continue, Official Says
Despite growing international condemnation, Israel's blockade of the Gaza Strip will continue due to fears that Hamas will ship rockets and other weapons into the area, Israeli officials say
Thousands of pro-Islamic and nationalist Turks have poured into the streets in Istanbul and Ankara since the report of the Israeli raid. Protesters with Palestinian and Turkish flags shouted "Down with Israel!" outside Israeli diplomatic missions
Originally posted by dontblink
reply to post by grantbeed
This will seriously straini Israeli-Turkish ties. Historically, Turkey has been Israel's biggest predominantly Muslim ally. With the raid on the flotilla we're seeing the beginnings of what could be the breaking of that relationship. Israel thought once again they could threaten and bully enough people to get their way, but it may be blowing up in their faces with this fiasco.