It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how on earth ? ? ? ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
MYSTERY surrounds how a 60kg “torpedo” gas cylinder crashed into roof of this Great Coates couple’s dream home.

The 5ft-long cylinder hit the roof, bounced into the next door’s garden, and struck their garden wall – before finally landing in the road outside.

how on earth did this happene ?

i live near this place and it is neara industrail site but still it would have a fair way to travil to get to the house.....

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Holy crap that's crazy I wonder how the heck that happened

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If the valve is broken off these things can fly for hundreds of meters. I wonder if there are any weld shops in the area.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
good knows but if it did come from the industrail site it must of had alot of power behind it and fyling high.....

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
How did it happen? The top broke off, it hit something propelling it up wards, and then landed in that persons pad.

Or it materialized because the persons Karma was bad.

(see how i just said the same thing twice?
)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
If the valve is broken off these things can fly for hundreds of meters. I wonder if there are any weld shops in the area.

yeah i think there is but still you would of thought the firm might of told the police it was them

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I don't say this is how it happened, but there is enough pressure in those things to propel them that high.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Yeah I would agree, there's so much pressure in these things that despite their weight they can travel very far; maybe something like a DIY weld gone wrong?

I'll just add: it's would have not would of
(or even would've would be fine)

[edit on 1-6-2010 by and14263]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Looking at the top of it in the picture, it doesn't look like there is a broken piece of valve left in the hole. Although it is difficult to see clearly.

If it did become airborne from the valve getting knocked off, I would think the noise of such an event would have been noticed, even in an industrial area.

Certainly, if it had exploded, you would think the boom would have caused a commotion.

I remember the A-Team launched bottles like this at the bad guys by knocking the valves off and using a ramp to launch them.

How about out of control magnetic levitation? That would be quiet.

Most likely an industrial accident, in my uninformed opinion.

top topics

join