It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright "drummers" what's the connection??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

lol it's quite coincidental that you should bring up that 3k roland electric set. One day I hope to obtain this. (except add in a double bass pedal)

I would sure as hell add that in my avatar if I do indeed ever obtain it.

PS: That song you linked is INSANE. quite percise, but not quite my genre either. I'll admit, I don't have that kinda speed! Whew!

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

lol it's quite coincidental that you should bring up that 3k roland electric set. One day I hope to obtain this. (except add in a double bass pedal)

I would sure as hell add that in my avatar if I do indeed ever obtain it.

PS: That song you linked is INSANE. quite percise, but not quite my genre either. I'll admit, I don't have that kinda speed! Whew!

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Wookiep]

Thank you Wookiep! Honestly, finding a drummer for that project will probably kill it before it goes live haha! The lyrical content is actually going to be VERY conspiratorial touching on everything from social engineering, the "hidden in plain sight" architecture around the world, the wealthy elite culling and corralling the cattle...should be eloquently blunt.

I always wanted to play drums, but living in apartments all my life has killed it outside of electronic kits. I actually want to get the ION aftermarket kit for Rockband 2 with the double kit attachment so I can learn along with The Black Dahlia Murder, Dream Theater and Testament. It is surprisingly accurate in reproducing the coordination...I can program drums and have an ear for them, but without that I am useless.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Good point, although I have seen a few guitar themed avatars, but not as many as drums and no other instruments it seems.

We drummers are quite obviously attracted to ATS, WHY? Is there something in our gene-pool that makes us question our realities???

Haha, maybe it's cuz drummers are about laying the foundation and taking responsibility for setting the pace and moving everybody at once all together. Therefore we are drawn to ATS because it is a social gathering and us drummers always want to make the peeps move and come together. Plus ATS is cool.....and so are drummers!

Peace,
spec

ETA: Hey Drummers, check this out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Chick Webb
Papa Jo Jones
Buddy Rich
Art Blakey
Max Roach
Philly Joe Jones
Elvin Jones
Shelly Manne
Gene Krupa
Tony Williams
Roy Haynes
Stan Levy
Don Lamond
Mike Reed
Cris Columbo
John Bonham
Billy Cobham
Ginger Baker

Some of my Favorite Drummers.........Most Passed Away , but Always REMEMBERED .

God Bless Syncopation !
edit on 29-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

That's one hell of a list. A lot of greats in there. RIP Buddy Rich

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
any good drummer would tell you we do play notes. note value and each bar or space on any measure would be a different drum. us drummers ARE the leaders of the band not only in the way of talent and endurance but in keeping it all together... the spine of the band, really a drummer can make or break the band with the exception of the white stripes. heavy metal drumming is the best because of its influnced draw and application from so many different styles, its not about what you know its about what you can apply.

saying that, us drummers are totally the shadow government of the band and besides singers you knoe the "front" man we get the most stereotypes hype ang totally the hottest and most girls while meerley creating structure to what is usually a mess of riffs and parts. we are always on the ball, you might not notice too much had a bass, guitar, or vocals mess up but when a drummer does... it is way noticable. when a drummer dies, leaves, or is replaced, it is always verry noticable, the exact style is always hard to copy.

we play fast because it is fun, if your drummer is too fast... move on he is probably too good for you.

GO SHRED GO KILL GO THRASH IF YOUR A DRUMMER DRUM ON AND ALWAYS BE KEEN TO THE TRUTH BECAUSE WE ARE IN THE BACKROUND WE KNOW WHAT THE BACKROUND IS!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm a guitarist, BUT, i am obsessed with John Bonham of led zep and am always air drumming to zep

Bonham was phenomenal. Check him out here, drum solo from one minute onward, then look for part two.
He drew inspiration from the likes of Buddy Rich.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Be advised that I can go off you just like that!. I could set your postto music because I am a drummer!
ANyway Just don't go there

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've been a pro drummer for over 2 years now but I'm kinda getting bored, although it's not a bad way to earn a living.

But when I think about the likes of Dave Grohl from Nirvana, Phil from Radiohead and that guy from Razorlight (not to mention Phil Collins) I'm not alone.

I think after spending night after night watching the front men from behind it kinda makes us want a piece of that pie, as well as the fact that when they're getting stuck into a pint and chatting to the 'stage sluts' , I'm still packing away my kit.

Drumming's fun but sometimes I feel like a defender and not a striker, and who cares about defenders?

Anyway, crisis out of the way...keep on drumming guys.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Bass player here..

I love Drummers!

We are the bottom end in any band we are in..

try playing without us....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
drums probably were the first instrument after the human voice or even before, rhythm to the sounds of nature.

they are primal and hardwired into us.

nothing like a good drummer and bass player combo.

guitar players were a dime a dozen when i was starting out playing.

i have never tried to play more than a conga or bongos, would love to be competent on them. i leave that stuff to the experts!

i do like using a lot of percussion in my music, i have rex files i use.

i think musicians, in general, like ATS coz music is creative/thinking outside the box and so are most subjects here.

and drummer jokes are pretty funny. sorry!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Guitarists get all the chicks.

Bass players can lift heavy things.

Drummers know the riser is level when they drool evenly from both sides of their mouth.

Great thread mate.

( I'll let you guess my profession
)

Mungo

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Drummers have the acute sense to lead the music, without playing any melodic notes. This then gives the illusion of being hidden, though the true fans and the music enthusiasts know exactly their important role in bringing down music without proper rhythm

Perhaps this is why drummers naturally flock to ATS. Myself included

edit on 20-7-2011 by PhysicsAdept because: sp

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Are you kidding?

I have to give my drummer a biscuit, he chews, and then we have our base rhythm.

There is no rocket science here.

If I run out of biscuits, I just say..." breathe in.... breathe out."

He seems to have a problem with that though..... nothin the bass player jumping on his chest can't fix though

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I play guitar, but also dabble in percussion and bass.
Now, why would drummers be more common an ATS?
I don't know, it most likely has something to do with the personality of a drummer.
No joke, every drummer I ever played with, or met, had the same personality! (there were of course subtle differences)
And the type of personality of most drummers I've known have been the open-minded, logical type.
You know what I'm trying to say right?
Just like 90% of guitarists just play for the attention a guitarist gets, and are ego-maniacs.
Most drummers I've met take music very seriously.

That is why I would think ATS attracts drummers.

OP, do you STUDY music, or just play and do your thing?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
I play guitar, but also dabble in percussion and bass.
Now, why would drummers be more common an ATS?
I don't know, it most likely has something to do with the personality of a drummer.
No joke, every drummer I ever played with, or met, had the same personality! (there were of course subtle differences)
And the type of personality of most drummers I've known have been the open-minded, logical type.
You know what I'm trying to say right?
Just like 90% of guitarists just play for the attention a guitarist gets, and are ego-maniacs.
Most drummers I've met take music very seriously.

That is why I would think ATS attracts drummers.

OP, do you STUDY music, or just play and do your thing?

Guitarist are there because without them, drummers would be breaking roicks !!

Bassist, would of course, still be able to lift heavy things.

Your avatar is great..... envy?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

Hahaha.

Okay bassist, load our equipment into the truck while we watch a smoke a cigarette!
We all need each other to function!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
reply to post by mungodave

Hahaha.

Okay bassist, load our equipment into the truck while we watch a smoke a cigarette!
We all need each other to function!

Agreed..... Got a light?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why do drummers do anything that they do?

The drummer in my band, we'll call him Chucky (because, well, that's his name...), once showed up to rehearsal with a dresser drawer, which he gave to me saying "I thought you needed this".

I went with Chucky once to a drum seminar hosted by Terry Bozzio. Mr Bozzio was, at one point, going around the room asking the attendees why they played the drums. He got a range of pretty standard responses. Then he came to Chucky, who immediately leaped to his feet and yelled " Because I've got to, mister!!!

Bozzio said that was the best, most honest answer he'd ever heard to that question.

Maybe dummers put their drum status in their user names "because they've got to". It's part of the very bombastic nature that made them take up drums in the first place.

One of my favorite quotes from Chucky (trust me, he could be a thread all on his own)-

"When the tips of your sticks touch your back, you really can't hit much harder than that".

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
AWESOME THREAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets face it,... without the drummer there is no tempo. then comes in the bass player to add the back up to
compliment rhythmic seduction.
A good guitarist is hard to find as they tend to be full of themselves and many have no ability
to keep time.
A drummer is the foundation of every band, do you see people tapping their feet to a guitarist?
or dance to a lead from the guitar? no it is the beat that drives the sole to move in a rhythmic motion.

I also sing many songs for the bands I play in.. I can play guitar and sing,. can a guitarist play drums and sing?
My bet would be very few. we drummers always have 4 things going on simultaneously at all times, then have
to add singing into the mix? HA HA
In my other life, I am a problem solver because most around me cant resolve what I consider simple issues.
So I have the ability to approach simple problems and calculate a resolution where in most are confused.
My company in which I am employed at depends on me greatly to keep them in operation.
So to say that drummers would be unintelligent,, well that is just nonsense.

My reason for ATS,, I just love doom '
'
and a real potential scenario.. and ATS can give me that
there are many great things about ATS that can be useful,.
though many may be amateurs there are great resources of information here from survival tips
to stock tips to the China lantern is not a UFO '
'

Music in a universal language that has the ability to speak to everything on this planet,.
from mammals, animals to plants... we all are part of it.

edit on 24-7-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join