It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 - Crisis After Crisis - Can it Get any worse?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Good call, those escaped my mind altogether. Add them to the 2010 melting pot!!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Yes, you are right and I suspect this is the calm before the storm.

Something has been up for the past several years.

Put your seatbelt on, I think we're all in for a wild and crazy ride.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
And 2 quakes today over 6 - Cuba + Philippines.
And - this is now on CNN - an underwater volcano is 'bubbling'. I hope it's not the one near Italy, me not so far away.
It's been a bad day.

mclinking

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing but I would like to believe that it's only now that I have started following the news and that it has got nothing to do with any disaster on the way. Hopefully...
S&F

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Yeah-Alright

Yeh, that's what I keep telling myself too, but somehow this year seems a whole lot worse than any other, and it's only June...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeddiRevolution
reply to post by super genius

Stalin would like a word with you friend:

"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic."

Death is so easily spoken of in numbers, isn't it? "I don't care about them because they are .000000-" Shutup. Suppose one of those people you so easily wrote off as insignificant was significant. To YOU. Not so easy to play the edgy tough guy anymore is it?

People dying has nothing to do with our personal doom, but every unnecessary death of our fellow man should be given more respect than a damn number.

1. dont even think you can tell me what to do
2. telling someone to shut up is pretty rude, and i doubt you would even consider talking to me like that in preson, "tough guy"
3. no reason to suppose anything as its completely irrelevant , since i dont concern myself with global events or politics that dont directly affect me
4. these few peopel that died in these few events are jsut as tragic as the thousand dying every day from malnutrition and disease, wheres all your compassion for them?
5. you are wrong and your use of abrassive language to emphasize your point is fail.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Sadist or masochist? A bit of both, perhaps.

mclinking

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
After scanning This thread positing a worst-case-scenario for the oil spill, plus glancing at many of the Israel/Middle-east threads over the last few days, it just seems to be getting grimmer and grimmer.

I am getting the impression we are experiencing "death from a thousand cuts." That is, rather than a single, large "SHTF" scenario where "all of a sudden it all goes down," I think we are just seeing the accumulated horror of dozens of smaller yet highly negative events and situations. They will continue to "pile up" one on the other...the question is: how long can we take it before something larger and more systemic "snaps" in truly paradigm-changing way?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
haha
mark my words: this is the begining of the end!
Althought there cant be an end to something that hasnt started.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It's just beginning to pick up speed.. we haven't seen anything yet.
Cardinal climax.starting to get intense.

At least that's what I think.. I want to say 'know' but then the universe would change plans just to spite me.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

So long as we critically analyse every situation calmly and rationally, encourage one another with hope and solutions, we will pull through, just as our ancestors did when faced with far worse calamities than the present can ever provide.

The irrational will only lead the herd over the cliffs, just like herds of bulls. And that we must never allow to happen for our fellow humans.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Well said. It's good to see a rational viewpoint!

g

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

are u sure that there is a world? an universe? maybe its all in our heads?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hazor

Reality is defined by consensus.
However, we may all be dreaming the same dream.

mclinking

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hazor

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content."

- Conan

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

you know why does someone always come along and ask this? Have you never heard of tempting fate?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

i didnt say that u cant feel or love or something but u do that in dreams to... maybe this reality is just another dream?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Can it get any worse? Um, yep I think it can.

I just finished reading a couple of great books on the Russian Revolution spanning the years from 1917-1941. Hitler's Nazi Germany has nothing on what those poor people went through during so called "peacetime" in between world wars--so I think we have it pretty easy right now in comparison.

But what has happened in the past can happen again, because basic human nature hasnt changed that much over the course of the last 100 years...and if anything, it may have taken an even more negative turn. So yea, I think its possible that it could get a LOT worse.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Look back to what started all the trouble.Was it the moon bomb or Norway spiral or maybe the CERN .I don't know but there is something going on ,I asked a friend who isn't connected or online and he is always going on about how strange the clouds are this year.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Any day that one is above ground is a good day.. There always has been and always will be a crisis of some sort.. life goes on take time to enjoy it along the way..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join