It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When China rules the world

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Many in America today see the People's Republic of China as one of the new emerging super powers in today's world. What many don't know is how more powerful the People's Republic of China is to the United States. There is more then military might and advantages. One overlook is Chinese leadership and how organized the Chinese government is in China. I see how a larger population of China is more easy to control. While the American government is struggling to clean up one of the largest oil spells in history. My beef with our government is that it is too corrupted beyond fix. I love my country and the achievements in has done for the world. Even Before the presidency of Theodore Roosevelt corporate America has been influencing American politics. There is no doubt that China will step up soon against the U.S. Hopefully we wont have America seeing China the same as the Soviet Union.

What are your thoughts of the U.S. not being the big nation on the world scale and having China in that top spot. Could there be huge success for the world?

Also I have two books off amazon I would like to share to support my thread.
www.amazon.com...

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Oh, threads like this are quite unpopular here. People are still in denial. Just allow me to say that debt was the real cause of the downfall of the Spanish Empire. And the British Empire. And now the American Empire err, Hegemony.

The difference is, we're gonna witness it live.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
China is a great place to live

If you don't mind being shot for speaking your mind
If you don't mind the govt killing your children for population reasons
If you don't mind being one of the billion in the country going without food and shelter
If you don't mind a Communist govt

The list can go on

I wish i was born in china, how about you? lol.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I agree with you! The current American economy is one of are main downfalls.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

You're just like everyone else who believes China is evil and the U.S is perfect. China has changed since Chairman Mao.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
china will never rule the world they cant even make a dvd player thats works for 6 months

china ruling will absolutely never happen not even a remote chance

and there smart enough to not try

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'm glad you made the difference in that China can't control the world militarily but economically it has a niche that has quickly made it a growing power.

Even if China is growing and becoming a world power, to say that it controls the world is not true, yet. China has a lot of internal problems yet to deal with. The far western provinces are held by China with a lot of persuasion both politically and militarily. Also there is a massive culture shift in the works with the newer generation. I've noticed this with my friend who's come over here from there in my department. She would only join the party because it is the only way to get a decent job, not because she believes, also she said that many of her friends believe the same.

One thing that made America, Britain, other previous global power strong was the support the governments had from their people. This is difficult for the Chinese government to keep despite their attempts at censorship. Technologies like text messaging move information far faster than can be censored, and they aren't adapting to this, so people are able to voice their opinions in new ways.

I don't want to give the opinion I'm only downplaying your argument. It is just that getting to the point of controlling the world isn't where China is at yet. China is making very smart choices economically and that is how it is building power. Instead of wasting money on wars and foreign aid it is investing in resources and transportation, things that always build economic power.

Hopefully though this transition of power will be peaceful in the world. Although given the condition of the world today I doubt those who control the US will not let this era go out quietly.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

You've obviously never been to China, and probably never left your town with a population of 200 - am I right?? I bet I am.

Nice work on the propaganda though

Personally, I think China has done an exceptional job in keeping such a huge population happy, stable, clothed, gainfully employed etc etc...no other country has ever before had this challenge with such a huge population in a relatively small area. China is not perfect, no country is, but for all its faults it has equally if not more positives in the way it has handled itself and its new role in being a major body that does and will influence global markets.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
One day, a few years ago, I was at a campground in Bryce Canyon national park. When taking a leak one night in a bathroom stall, I noticed an inscription that someone had written on the wall. (not trying to rhyme)

It said "The red will inherit the earth"

I figure that if a bathroom stall at a campground in the desert said it, it must be true.

How's that for prophecy.

thought it might apply

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It's called historical evolution (at least that's what I'm calling it).
You know.....empires flourish, are powerful, #1...decline and die.

Hey, at least we'll be eating great chinese food!

I honestly wouldn't mind it. It's a social cycle.
People I know are making their children learn Mandarin. Smart.

[edit on 6/1/2010 by haika]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The fact is its not about military might or population any more that gets you as the top dog. Its about social/media influence on the world. The US has this in the bag. 90% of the world's TV and films are american. The internet is totally dominated by the US and the English language. Unless the world somehow learns Chinese quickly China will not rule any time soon.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
China ruling the world is a wet dream of nationalistic Chinese. I guess you are one of them. You know, all these forecasts very nicely predict the Chinese economy to eventually outgrow the US and EU economy, but they don't take the current financial woes into account and more importantly, the financial woes going on in China itself.

I've just posted a thread in the breaking news section about the Chinese housing bubble, which Chinese analysts say is worse than the US bubble. The fact that the Chinese government is still so strict towards its people is for the very reason that they fear internal unrest. We, Westerns generally don't understand that, but China's history is full of internal unrest.

With the growing prosperity, it will be a huge and unexpected blow to many Chinese, when the whole thing comes tumbling down and they realize the dream has stopped turning real.

Watch the BRICs, warns Dr Doom

SAO PAULO - Professor Nouriel Roubini of New York University, who predicted the global financial crisis before markets peaked, said the Brazilian, Chinese and Indian economies may be overheating and developing asset bubbles.

The outlook for Brazil's economy is "very positive," though the debt crisis in the euro zone countries and a slow "U-shaped" recovery globally could dent the country's growth, Prof Roubini said yesterday in Sao Paulo.

"In Brazil, like in many other emerging market economies, there is now evidence of overheating of the economy," he said. "Expected and actual inflation is starting to rise ... over the next few quarters there has to be a tightening of monetary policy, gradually but progressively, in order to make sure that inflation expectations remain anchored."

Brazil and India are in a "better shape" than China regarding the strength of domestic demand, Prof Roubini said. Emerging markets can grow between 5 and 8 per cent during the global economic recovery compared to between 2 and 3 per cent for rich nations, he said.

source

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I don't agree. Even though I am not American, I firmly believe that the next 100 years still belong to America. PNAC is one reason.

China is geographically too isolated to expand physically, it is hemmed in by mountain ranges that it can not expand through. Also, the United States and the Western Powers still rule the worlds oceans through their naval power, GFC aside, this is not likely to end any time soon.

Finally, to quote George Friedman, whom I agree with.

"Third, there is a deeper reason for not worrying about China. China is inherently unstable. Whenever it opens its borders to the outside world, the coastal region becomes prosperous, but the vast majority of Chinese in the interior remain impoverished. This leads to tension, conflict, and instability. It also leads to economic decisions made for political reasons, resulting in inefficiency and corruption. This is not the first time that China has opened itself to foreign trade, and it will not be the last time that it becomes unstable as a result. Nor will it be the last time that a figure like Mao emerges to close the country off from the outside, equalize the wealth—or poverty—and begin the cycle anew. There are some who believe that the trends of the last thirty years will continue indefinitely. I believe the Chinese cycle will move to its next and inevitable phase in the coming decade. Far from being a challenger, China is a country the United States will be trying to bolster and hold together as a counterweight to the Russians. Current Chinese economic dynamism does not translate into long-term success."

He also goes on to talk about what he believes will be the new emerging powers, as well as a revival of Russian strength, not anywhere near enough to challenge the supremacy of the US however.

"In the middle of the century, other powers will emerge, countries that aren't thought of as great powers today, but that I expect will become more powerful and assertive over the next few decades. Three stand out in particular. The first is Japan. It's the second- largest economy in the world and the most vulnerable, being highly dependent on the importation of raw materials, since it has almost none of its own. With a history of militarism, Japan will not remain the marginal pacifistic power it has been. It cannot. Its own deep population problems and abhorrence of large- scale immigration will force it to look for new workers in other countries. Japan's vulnerabilities, which I've written about in the past and which the Japanese have managed better than I've expected up until this point, in the end will force a shift in policy.

Then there is Turkey, currently the seventeenth-largest economy in the world. Historically, when a major Islamic empire has emerged, it has been dominated by the Turks. The Ottomans collapsed at the end of World War I, leaving modern Turkey in its wake. But Turkey is a stable platform in the midst of chaos. The Balkans, the Caucasus, and the Arab world to the south are all unstable. As Turkey's power grows—and its economy and military are already the most powerful in the region—so will Turkish influence.

Finally there is Poland. Poland hasn't been a great power since the sixteenth century. But it once was—and, I think, will be again. Two factors make this possible. First will be the decline of Germany. Its economy is large and still growing, but it has lost the dynamism it has had for two centuries. In addition, its population is going to fall dramatically in the next fifty years, further undermining its economic power. Second, as the Russians press on the Poles from the east, the Germans won't have an appetite for a third war with Russia. The United States, however, will back Poland, providing it with massive economic and technical support. Wars—when your country isn't destroyed—stimulate economic growth, and Poland will become the leading power in a coalition of states facing the Russians."

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
your a funny person with funny beliefs in the world. your upset at the corrupt practices of the US government, but you think youll find salvation in china LOL. REALLY. china has some major issues environmentally, politically, and even if people dont want to see it economically. empires arent built by foreign wars and foreign aid LOL DO SOME HOMEWORK!!! THEY ARE!! and china is doing its part with its work in africa and the middle east, securing and building the old exploitive resource routes the colonizing powers did to these regions. fact check time buddy, youd never guess who is drinking all that oil in iraq, i know none of it makes it to my gas tank. MOST OF IT GOEST TO CHINA and lets face it china doesnt really care about iraq or what we do their since they get the oil. so what is not corrupt about china and its business practices that are blaintantly racist, only in favor of the Han race of the chinese, and not any of the minorities and foreigners in their economy. look what they did to tibet. think they dont take part in foreign wars, try two wars with india, one long one with tibet, one war in korea, two wars in vietnam, once against us and then in a suprise move once against the north. they almost had a war with the soviet union and they still consider invading tiawan. your bias in favor of china is insane and based off some loney far left wing ideology where everyone is good and nice except the country you live in and the government above your head. i didnt even get into their genocidal one child program, and their human rights background that we are not even allowed to talk about with them anymore. WAKE UP !!!! quit living in a box

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeeTheDestroyer
One day, a few years ago, I was at a campground in Bryce Canyon national park. When taking a leak one night in a bathroom stall, I noticed an inscription that someone had written on the wall. (not trying to rhyme)

It said "The red will inherit the earth"

I figure that if a bathroom stall at a campground in the desert said it, it must be true.

How's that for prophecy.

thought it might apply

On that note. About a year ago, I read on a porta potty wall. "This is a mexican emergency escape pod. Limit 20 Mexicans per pod." I thought it was funny, though maybe in bad taste. Not gonna lie here though, I laughed my a** off.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

I said nothing about salvation in China. You miss read my original post. Also the U.S cares noting for Iraq and it's people. So grow up!

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

i never said anything about the US caring for iraq or its people. did i ever say that? anyways why should we care for iraq and its people? what good reason is there? this is a discussion about china, and china overtaking the US not a lecture on US Iraqi relations. my point plain and simple was china is and will do the same things the US does if not worse, and one over taking the other means nothing will change

link   

i never said anything about the US caring for iraq or its people. did i ever say that? anyways why should we care for iraq and its people? what good reason is there? this is a discussion about china, and china overtaking the US not a lecture on US Iraqi relations. my point plain and simple was china is and will do the same things the US does if not worse, and one over taking the other means nothing will change

link   

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

Finger happy on the mouse. Well no country is perfect? It might be hard to admit to yourself. But China is gaining power in the world theater.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join