It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama can confiscate US privately owned guns.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

We also have the highest usage of automobiles/automobile ownership and the greatest number of deaths from them - I guess we should ban cars as well....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The federal govt will never ban guns in the US.
not a chance.
Too much money at stake from people the govt depend on.
you think gun mfgs are gonna allow their profits to slip?
who do you think manufactures firearms for our armed forces?

Just more smoke.
2nd amendment will stand as long as there is a USofA.
follwo the money.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Bad Ninja]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The American guv has come right out and said the true focus of the patriot act is vets, and gun owners, homeschoolers, and truth tellers- which is why I guess they call it the patriot act.

The gun control act of 1968 is almost word for word the same as the Nazi german gun control act just prior to world war two...

The cops confiscated the guns of the people who were defending thier homes during Katrina. while the looters were...
the police...
well
the police
and the armed criminals
those vids are all over the net

the SPP agreement allows for troops from different areas to go and deal with ethnic groups that traditionally don't like eachother so everybody will happily subjugate or kill each other off...

They have some fancy think tanks and supercomputers planning this all out and they have had plenty of practice with Mao and Stalin and Pol pot
and Nicaraugua and Iraq an afghnistan and Ireland and palistien
east germany and *sigh* Canada...etc

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I have over 120 gun's ranging from .45's to 30/30's and Assault Rifles. I have 2 Gun Permits, 1 for state and 1 that say's I can operate a firearm. I have never been arrested for holding a firearm. I've had over 4 speeding ticket's all of which I had to tell the Police Officer that I was baring arms. If you relinquish my right to bare arms then you are relinquishing my sole right to protect myself. What if the Russian's invaded? They will hit the East Coast and flood the Groton sub-base and work towards West point new York, wouldn't Obama want me to be shooting down some commies? WTF gives. He has the power to do it, but won't just for what I stated. What IF! We were invaded. The American People have the right and the freedom to defend themselves.

If you applied this method to the Illegal Gun Trade, Then good. But to take gun's away from the law abiding citizens? No, I won't stand for that.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by Judohawk

I never said ban all guns, hunting guns are perfectly fine IMO as long as they are used simply for hunting with a permit, background check, etc... I don't care if you hunt as long as it's legal.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting.

Constitutional history, try it out sometime

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

He has the power to do it, but won't just for what I stated. What IF! We were invaded. The American People have the right and the freedom to defend themselves.

Glad you won't stand for but I need to correct something and that is Obama DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER NOR AUTHORITY TO TAKE AWAY GUNS!!! The right to bear arms is UNALIENABLE that means it cannot be alienated from us. Neither the president nor the congress nor the Supreme court has any authority to take away guns from the people!!! The idea that they do is a common myth that many American believe and thier lack of knowledge and understanding of our history and natural rights is why they believe crap like this.

If Obama tries it will be war!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Honestly Misoir, I couldn't care less about guns. Still, I am 100% opposed to having guns confiscated.

To me it's the idea. When they take our guns, it's like they are taking away any chance we would have in a fight. If we can't fight back, then we have no choice but to sit back and watch as the rest of our rights and freedoms are taken away.

They take guns => they take away our fight.
They take away our fight => they take away our freedom.

This, in my opinion, seems like a doorway that will lead to worse things.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I like how everyone has posted that this is not feasible for Obama to disarm Americans because he can't pass laws and amendments without ratifications yada yada.... Can anyone say "Super Committee?"

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join